Windows 10: Windows 10 causing audio clipping/popping

Discus and support Windows 10 causing audio clipping/popping in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been having an issue where a lot of sounds on my computer are clipping/popping. I have tried multiple pairs of headphones, all of which had the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Roland Amey, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Windows 10 causing audio clipping/popping

I've been having an issue where a lot of sounds on my computer are clipping/popping. I have tried multiple pairs of headphones, all of which had the same issue. I tried the headphones on a different computer, and they still had the same issue. Additionally, if I record my screen, the recording will have the audio distortions in it. The issue also happens in safe mode without networking, and seems to occur when I begin to boot up windows 10 even as I hear some of the same distortions while turning my pc on.

I have tried reinstalling Realtek drivers, using the regular Microsoft drivers, setting power management mode to high performance, disabling turning off network switch to save power, disabled CPU throttling, installed new chipset drivers, installed new LAN drivers, uninstalling NVidia drivers, and changing audio power management settings in the registry.

DPC latency doesn't seem to be the issue, as I've used LatencyMon and the issue has occured while LatencyMon has told me that I can handle real-time audio.

My motherboard is an ASRock B460m Pro4.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Roland Amey, Apr 17, 2021

2. Add Fade Audio Effects In Video Clips.

Hi Gustav,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you are using Microsoft Photos application to fade the audio, then there is no feature in Photos application to fade the audio; however, you can fade the audio by using Microsoft PowerPoint Application. Follow the below steps to fade the audio that you
    want using Microsoft Photos application.

Step 1: Click on the Start Menu and search for
    Microsoft PowerPoint and hit Enter to launch
    PowerPoint
    application.

Step 2: Then, click on Insert > Audio > You can add the audio file as well as directly record an audio file.

Step 3: Click on the Audio and click on
    Playback
    tab beside to Format tab.

Step 4: Then, you will see the Fade In and
    Fade Out
    options.

Fade In: Adds a timed fade effect at the beginning of the audio clip. Within the Fade In box, directly enter the exact number of seconds you want the clip to fade in.

Fade Out: Adds a timed fade effect at the end of the audio clip. Within the Fade Out box, directly enter the exact number of seconds you want the clip to fade out.

The option for fading the audio in Photos Application is a great idea, so I suggest you to post your feedback for the same in

Feedback Hub

Hope it helps.

If my answer has helped, then please upvote or mark as an answer.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 17, 2021
  3. how do I clip out a section of an audio file using movie maker

Hi Charles,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums. I would suggest you to follow below steps to clip out,

1. Click on Start Menu, go to
      All programs and scroll up and click on Windows Movie Maker.
    2. Click on the Import media button, located along the toolbar.
    3. Browse and select the audio file.
    4. Select the play button.
    5. Click on the split icon located beneath Windows media player at the point in which you want to begin clipping the sound.
    6. Try playing the clipped track, if you intend to clip further. Select split when you reach the desired stopping point within the track.
    7. This will create a new track, titled Name of Song (2).

Hope it helps

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Apr 17, 2021
  4. Windows 10 causing audio clipping/popping

Audio not synced in clips

Hi,

To help you with your concern, we recommend you to restart your computer, and then run the troubleshooter for Windows app by clicking this

link

After performing the steps above, try disabling and enabling your Game DVR on Windows 10. Follow the steps below:

• Click on All Apps and scroll until you find the Xbox entry and click on it.
    • Click on Settings. Underneath the Settings title, three separate options will appear. Choose
      Game DVR.
    • A slider denoting the ON position of Record game clips and take screenshots using Game DVR should be visible to you. Slide it to the
      Off position for disabling the recording element of Game DVR.

For additional troubleshooting, check out this
    link
    and perform all troubleshooting steps you can see on the link.

Keep us posted.

Wilfred Mac, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 causing audio clipping/popping

1. Windows 10 causing audio clipping/popping - Similar Threads - causing audio clipping

2. Windows 10 audio popping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 audio popping: I'm having a problem I can't seem to fix.Windows 10, when audio is not used for about 20 seconds will the output device speakers/headphones/earplugs will start to buzz a little.Go to play some audio, be it an error message box, or a video or music, then there's a loud pop and...
  3. Windows 10 audio popping

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 audio popping: I'm having a problem I can't seem to fix.Windows 10, when audio is not used for about 20 seconds will the output device speakers/headphones/earplugs will start to buzz a little.Go to play some audio, be it an error message box, or a video or music, then there's a loud pop and...
  4. Audio Crackle/Popping caused by Windows 10 itself ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Crackle/Popping caused by Windows 10 itself ?: Lately I've noticed that my Audio is crackling/popping when playing videos/music/games when audio starts and stops or i switch videos This crackle and pop is over USB and AUX and Optical aswell I have zero idea what it could be at this point because ive tried every possible...
  5. Audio Crackle/Popping caused by Windows 10 itself ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Crackle/Popping caused by Windows 10 itself ?: Lately I've noticed that my Audio is crackling/popping when playing videos/music/games when audio starts and stops or i switch videos This crackle and pop is over USB and AUX and Optical aswell I have zero idea what it could be at this point because ive tried every possible...
  6. Audio Crackle/Popping caused by Windows 10 itself ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. High DPC latency causing audio pops

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High DPC latency causing audio pops: Since I bought my laptop I can hear random popping sounds while playing a Youtube video, it doesn't happen frequently so I decided to let it pass. Some days ago I decided to get to the root of the problem and I found it was due to a high DPC latency.I have updated my drivers...
  8. Bluetooth audio clipping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth audio clipping: Hello, I've been having this weird Bluetooth audio problem ever since I have bought this new HP Pavilion desktop and I cannot figure out its cause. Sound coming from Bluetooth audio is clipped. Basically it sounds like you'd push the volume of an amp too high and the...
  9. Audio Popping Issues - Potential Cause Determined

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Popping Issues - Potential Cause Determined: This is not so much a help thread, but a general discussion question related to audio drivers and potential Realtek popping causes and I would like discussion instead of assistance here. If I later do my driver update and the issue is not fixed, I'll post a request for help...
  10. Updating to 1909 causing audio clipping issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updating to 1909 causing audio clipping issues: Every audio played is hard clipping at -6dB and I have no clue how to fix it. I uninstalled Realtek Driver and reinstalled it again, downloaded driver from Realtek website etc... I turned off all audio enhancements settings. This happened to me last year when I updated to...