Windows 10: Windows 10 causing system crashes

Discus and support Windows 10 causing system crashes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Just before I start, I thought i'd mention that this is a sort of last resort so hopefully someone on here has more knowledge than the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JackMassie1, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Windows 10 causing system crashes

Hi everyone,

Just before I start, I thought i'd mention that this is a sort of last resort so hopefully someone on here has more knowledge than the people who have already looked into this issue. OK....

I've got a custom built gaming pc which was running windows 7, ran perfectly for around 2 years, got offered the free upgrade to windows 10 so obviously took it..

It was around a month after the install that my computer cut off and restarted on its own, which I thought nothing of, possibly a program crashed and caused a cut-off or something. So that was that, it came back on and it was fine, for another month...

After the 2nd cut out (2 months after upgrade to windows 10) I then took it to my local computer shop, mentioned that its been cutting out ever since upgrade, and they tested the CPU, RAM etc with 3DMARK and results came back fine, and the problem is aswell that it never cut out whilst in their hands.
    After being told theres nothing wrong with the hardware, they said to monitor the problem and keep them updated.

6 months down the line...

Cut outs are now happening intermittently, it can be on for 10 mins and cut out, and it can stay on for hours and cut out, but are obviously doing it a lot more frequently than at first. So I decided to try another computer shop to check the hardware, so they disassembled the computer, tested every component, and put it back together, again reported no faults with hardware. They reported that the copy of windows 10 that's installed is corrupted beyond repair, and a fresh install of windows may be required, and they asked for my product key, which after moving house I cannot find for the life of me.

I've had 4 remote access sessions with Microsoft and everything they've tried hasn't worked (one guy downloaded the ISO files and told me to install it myself because he's due for his lunch break *Mad !!!!!!

I've tried the in-place upgrade, and after this, my comuter tried to start 3 ties, then came up with an error saying windows is having a problem loading files, so I done the re-install whilst keeping files.

Again this hasn't worked, is there anything else that can be done other than fresh installing windows as I cant find the product key! Any help would be greatly appreciated *Smile

:)

JackMassie1, Feb 7, 2016

2. Windows system file "ntdll.dll" causing crashes and performance issues with Grand Theft Auto V

I have not played the game on Windows 10 before and there are no error messages shown when the game crashes. I haven't changed my computer other than updating the graphics driver.

HarveyJones262, Feb 7, 2016
  3. Windows system file "ntdll.dll" causing crashes and performance issues with Grand Theft Auto V

Hi Harvey,

To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the information below:

• Have you played the game normally on Windows 10 before?
    • Have you made changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are there any error messages shown when the game crashes?

We're looking forward to your response.

Loraine Mon, Feb 7, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Windows 10 causing system crashes

Well if you want to see your product key, here is the link, download the program, it will show you all your product keys for Windows.
    https://www.tenforums.com/software-ap...7-showkey.html

Once you find yours, write them down..... If you want to do a clean install, we have tutorials here to help you thur this process.

You could try to a repair install before trying to do a clean install......here is a link for this process
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

And if you decide to do a clean install here is how.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html

OldMike65, Feb 7, 2016
  5. I have a custom built PC also and was having freezing issues. 1) I used "Showkey" to get my Windows 10 product key, 2) did a clean install of Windows 10, 3) then disabled AMD Quiet and Cool in BIOS, 4) found a MS driver that was not playing well with my system and replaced it with one from the manufacturer that worked and 5) stopped the system from powering down my USB ports and all of my issues have disappeared. Trust me, start with the 1 & 2 above....

AlphaStealthSYS, Feb 7, 2016
  6. Thanks for that info, had no idea there was a program to get your license key! Just to be clear, the program is showing the product key for windows 10, so if I do a clean install of win7, will that work with that key? or will it be a different key?

JackMassie1, Feb 7, 2016
  7. Will give it a try thanks!

JackMassie1, Feb 7, 2016
  8. OldMike65 Win User

Showkey will show you all of your product keys that are stored. It will show your windows 7 key.....it will display what keys are for what OS

OldMike65, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 causing system crashes - Similar Threads - causing system crashes

2. Windows crashing, System restart caused by ntkrnlmp.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashing, System restart caused by ntkrnlmp.exe: Hi everyone, Ihope you guys can help me. I bought a pre-built system 6 months ago and my system crashes sometimes, mostly while playing games. They are not really heavy games i think, for example league of legends.I have a few dumpfiles saved up over the months.This is the...
  3. Windows crashing, System restart caused by ntkrnlmp.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crashing, System restart caused by ntkrnlmp.exe: Hi everyone, Ihope you guys can help me. I bought a pre-built system 6 months ago and my system crashes sometimes, mostly while playing games. They are not really heavy games i think, for example league of legends.I have a few dumpfiles saved up over the months.This is the...
  4. System keeps crashing causing the GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System keeps crashing causing the GPU: A few days ago I was cleaning my computer including every single part. I opened up the graphics card, cleaned it with IPA and replaced the thermal paste on the GPU. I turned on the computer and everything was fine. After a few minutes, I launched the remastered Spider-Man...
  5. System keeps crashing causing the GPU

System keeps crashing causing the GPU: A few days ago I was cleaning my computer including every single part. I opened up the graphics card, cleaned it with IPA and replaced the thermal paste on the GPU. I turned on the computer and everything was fine. After a few minutes, I launched the remastered Spider-Man...
  6. Event Error Causing System Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Error Causing System Crashes: THis has been happening for a while, but I believe I finally located the cause of seemingly random crashes, something that always appears in the event log at the time of the crash:The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...
  7. Event Error Causing System Crashes

Event Error Causing System Crashes: THis has been happening for a while, but I believe I finally located the cause of seemingly random crashes, something that always appears in the event log at the time of the crash:The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...
  8. Event Error Causing System Crashes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Asphalt 9 game causing crash of Windows 10 system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asphalt 9 game causing crash of Windows 10 system: Hi, We have been playing the Asphalt 9 Legends game for a while now. This night when we started a game and started a race, the screen got black, Windows didn't respond, monitor went to sleep since of 'no video input' andwe had to manually turn off the pc and then turn it...
  10. EapHost Error Causing System Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    EapHost Error Causing System Crash: Hi, I have a brand new Dell Latitude 5591 with Windows 10 Pro v10.0.18362. Shortly after purchasing this computer I started experiencing freezing and crashing, with the mouse and keyboard not working and the screen going black. The only thing that will make it work is to...