Windows 10: Windows 10 CD/DVD sent from Microsoft?

Discus and support Windows 10 CD/DVD sent from Microsoft? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Have multiple computers in household and networked. Have a severe conficker issue. This worm is the worst of the worst. I ran gaming servers in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Invicta~, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Invicta~ Win User

Windows 10 CD/DVD sent from Microsoft?

Have multiple computers in household and networked. Have a severe conficker issue. This worm is the worst of the worst. I ran gaming servers in highschool and have ended viruses in Task Managers and with the most rudimentary approaches, and was a lover of Kaspersky until this thing completely destroyed my computer life. My gaming and networking and streaming all went to **** because of this terrible terrible computer virus.

I am dumbfounded as to how incredible it is and to how Microsoft seems to not be able to tackle it, or any other antivirus software, it cloaks through EVERYTHING. It has lasted well over a decade and it looks like it's just spreading. I think this happened when my sister brought her laptop home and used our WIFI. It's something I cannot get rid of. There's a lot of precious carge in storage, so it's been hard to wipe everything, but short of that I cannot seem to tackle this virus. It's the coronavirus for computers. As a competitive gamer I simply cannot COMPETE with this thing literally sucking resources to make me a botnet and draining my FPS so I've quit gaming for over 5 years as a result. Is this my fault for not wanting to reformat my computer because Microsoft doesn't give a f*** about patching appropriately?

Regardless, this worm uses uPnP and your Network to spread. It patches itself through everything. If you make an ISO for an installation it will infect it. It will try to infect the network when you try to install on a new PC when it detects it, so unplugging it will be a prerequisite. I solid CD/DVD from nonrewriteable media straight from the source would be GREAT; aka booting off a media that is untampered with and cannot be rewritten to would ensure the virus doesn't propagate!

:)

Invicta~, Feb 29, 2020

2. CD/DVD Drive not recongnizing

Original title: Franks

Hi Franks,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to install the latest drivers for CD/DVD drive from the manufacturer’s website or can update the drivers by following the steps provided below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “devmgmt.msc”.
    • Right click on DVD/CD Roms from the list and select
      properties.
    • Under Driver tab click on Update button and follow the prompts to update the driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 29, 2020
  3. RLRehm Win User
    Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Windows 10 CD/DVD sent from Microsoft?

Lost DVD/CD drive in Windows 10.

Hi Lawrence,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, click on
      Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the
    DVD/CD drivers from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type device manager and select the top most search result.
    • Expand DVD/CD ROM drives, right click on the driver and select
      Uninstall option.
    • Restart the PC for the Windows to install the DVD/Cd drivers automatically and check if the changes are effective.

Get back to us if you are facing further issues, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 CD/DVD sent from Microsoft?

1. Windows 10 CD/DVD sent from Microsoft? - Similar Threads - DVD sent Microsoft

2. CD DVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD DVD: Morning,I have problem with CD DVD that is unable to be formatted, when I create a backup for disc it says that needs to be blank when there are no files into the CD even I try to erase it works but not formatting. I don't trust from youtubers at all which may be unsafe. I...
  3. CD DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CD DVD: Morning,I have problem with CD DVD that is unable to be formatted, when I create a backup for disc it says that needs to be blank when there are no files into the CD even I try to erase it works but not formatting. I don't trust from youtubers at all which may be unsafe. I...
  4. CD DVD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Change the cd from flash drive to CD/DVD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change the cd from flash drive to CD/DVD: I have choosed the flash drive but i need the CD/DVD. Where can i change it again ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-cd-from-flash-drive-to-cddvd/44a041b9-a981-4c40-b04e-f4147e49b837
  6. CD/DVD

CD/DVD: i just loaded windows 10pro on my computer with my CD/DVD player, and now that everthing is loaded and running i cant find or use my cd/dvd player how do i get win10 pro to find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd/a5bb5714-7a73-440f-9f4c-f8f6e389f33d
  7. CD'S AND DVD'S

CD'S AND DVD'S: MY COMPUTER CAN NO LONGER PLAY DVD' OR CD'. WINDOWS 10, 64 BIT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cds-and-dvds/24c6b23d-22dd-403c-81df-9d0df43fd6a7
  8. cd and dvd

cd and dvd: can any one tell me how to format a cd or dvd in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-and-dvd/cbb85540-9e45-4c5e-adf0-db53aed81ad4
  9. cd/ dvd

cd/ dvd: my system cd /dvd was not working how to salow the problam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-dvd/1868ea48-2a52-44af-8a58-a39b087494f7
  10. Boot from CD/DVD

Boot from CD/DVD: I need to run the gparted (Linux app) booting from the CDROM. Now I do not find the option for booting from CD/DVD in windows 10 any more. I have done it before, but it seems to have disappeared in Windows 10. Any Ideas? 59956