Windows 10: Windows 10, Certain .exe files taking very long to load

Discus and support Windows 10, Certain .exe files taking very long to load in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have been having a problem for a while with my Windows 10 PC. As the title says, certain .exes, most commonly install files, take a rather... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Keylan Jensen, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Windows 10, Certain .exe files taking very long to load

Hello, I have been having a problem for a while with my Windows 10 PC. As the title says, certain .exes, most commonly install files, take a rather long while to run--sometimes taking more than five minutes just to ask for administrative privileges. They run fairly fine and rather normal once the window opens, but before--when first booted--they take an unusual and inordinate amount of time to start where the file explorer freezes and my mouse just shows something is loading. This seems to take about five minutes to ten minutes on average.

I have tried rebooting my PC and searching for malware.

:)

Keylan Jensen, Jul 27, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Windows update taking a very long time

Hi Harvey,

One of the possible reasons why the Windows Update is very slow is because of a corrupted Windows Update system files. These may also depend on the Internet speed and file size of the update being installed. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the
    questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Do you have a third-party security software installed?

Meanwhile, I would suggest that you try the steps in this
    link
    to troubleshoot Windows Update issues.

Update us with the results so we can further assist you.

Eric Ber, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 27, 2020
  4. amitg43 Win User

Windows 10, Certain .exe files taking very long to load

Windows is taking very long to boot to login screen

Thanks for all the time you and Dalchina spent to find a solution to my problem. Unfortunately, in spite of all attempts, the problem refused to go away!

While searching for a solution on the web, I came across a fellow sufferer's very recent suggestion at answers.microsoft.com. Following the tip, I installed the free version of Windows Repair Tool from tweak.com. Ran this tool and followed the on-screen guides step by step. It took nearly 5 hours to complete and then repeat as suggested by the program. But it was worth it as my problem vanished and this morning, my start up process took only about 1 minute against the earlier 100 minutes!

amitg43, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10, Certain .exe files taking very long to load

1. Windows 10, Certain .exe files taking very long to load - Similar Threads - Certain exe files

2. Exe files take too long to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exe files take too long to open: Hello, everybodyI'm using Windows 10, I have recently been facing a problem that every single exe file takes forever to open.At the beginning I though the issue was with only one file " a program I use for my work it always takes time to open", but recently, I've noticed that...
  3. Exe files take too long to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exe files take too long to open: Hello, everybodyI'm using Windows 10, I have recently been facing a problem that every single exe file takes forever to open.At the beginning I though the issue was with only one file " a program I use for my work it always takes time to open", but recently, I've noticed that...
  4. Exe files take too long to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Update Taking Very Long

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update Taking Very Long: Hi, just wanted to know if this is normal. I’m trying to update my laptop but it’s taking a very long time on the ‘Working on updates’ screen. It is going up but extremely slowly (currently on 10%). Just wanted to know if this is normal for some updates. I’ve had no problems...
  6. This is taking to long to load – Windows 10 Search

in Windows 10 News
    This is taking to long to load – Windows 10 Search: [ATTACH]If when you click on the Windows 10 Taskbar Search icon, you see a message This is taking to long to load and your search […] This article This is taking to long to load – Windows 10 Search first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. windows 10 update taking very long time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update taking very long time: how to shut down computer and restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-taking-very-long-time/e43c1901-1157-4f38-a45b-24c602654244
  8. File Explorer, very slow to load .exe files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer, very slow to load .exe files: Hi All, When I double click on an .exe file to install a program, in Windows File Explorer, it takes over a minute to start the installation process. When I use Total Commander to do the same thing, it installs straight away. I've also tried it after disabling my Norton AV...
  9. Windows taking too long to load

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows taking too long to load: I am a bit perplexed and confused whether this issue is a software issue or a hardware issue! *Confused From power on to working desktop it takes about 15 to 20 minutes! I updated from Windows 7 HP 64bit to Windows 10 Home Free when it was available and then to Windows 10...
  10. Windows 10 taking very long to complete startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 taking very long to complete startup: My laptop: Dell Inspiron N5110 with 2.50 gHz Intel Core i5-2450M processor, 500 GB HDD, 6 GB memory. OS: Starting from OEM installed Windows 7 Pro (x64), my upgrades to Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 went smoothly with some minor hiccups and my system is now Windows 10 Pro (X64)...