Windows 10: Windows 10 Change File Explorer Default View|

Discus and support Windows 10 Change File Explorer Default View| in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; https://funkyimg.com/i/2UB7q.png Somehow this ended up on my Download folder, How do I fix it so it isn't in my download folder?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KelleyWhitehead, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Change File Explorer Default View|

https://funkyimg.com/i/2UB7q.png

Somehow this ended up on my Download folder, How do I fix it so it isn't in my download folder?

:)

KelleyWhitehead, Jun 10, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Windows Explorer View - change default

Hi,

In order for you to change the view of Windows Explorer, follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Explorer.
    • Select the View Tab.
    • Click List.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Change File Explorer Default View|

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Change File Explorer Default View|

1. Windows 10 Change File Explorer Default View| - Similar Threads - Change File Explorer

2. How to change windows explorer view to default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change windows explorer view to default: I've just bought a laptop and it comes with custom Windows Explorer,Here's how it looks when I right clicked on a file.I can't upload images here.Please help on how to get the default menu....
  3. How to change windows explorer view to default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change windows explorer view to default: I've just bought a laptop and it comes with custom Windows Explorer,Here's how it looks when I right clicked on a file.I can't upload images here.Please help on how to get the default menu....
  4. Windows 11 > File Explorer > Libraries > View > Change default view for all folders and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 > File Explorer > Libraries > View > Change default view for all folders and...: I followed the advice here: Is there a way to permanently change the default Windows 11 folder view? Created on December 13, 2021 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-permanently-change-the-default/b6d0580e-92a6-418e-b227-2c8d7825b613,...
  5. Windows 11 > File Explorer > Libraries > View > Change default view for all folders and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 > File Explorer > Libraries > View > Change default view for all folders and...: I followed the advice here: Is there a way to permanently change the default Windows 11 folder view? Created on December 13, 2021 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-permanently-change-the-default/b6d0580e-92a6-418e-b227-2c8d7825b613,...
  6. Change the File Explorer default view of files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change the File Explorer default view of files: Sorry to ask what I am sure is a simple question, but I have searched the internet, and nothing I tried works, or if it seems to work, then after I reboot, the old default return. Specifically, whenever I open Windows 10 File Explorer and click on a folder, the files are...
  7. Changing default folder icon view in File Explorer Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing default folder icon view in File Explorer Windows 10: Hi there,Actually , I wanted to customize my file explorer by changing the default folder icons. I just did it by following these steps:-1 Open 'Registry Editor' and go to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer'2 Then I just right-clicked on...
  8. Windows 10 Explorer - Change default view

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Explorer - Change default view: Good day, In Explorer how do I set the view default to "Size all columns to fit"? Each time I view files I have to reset the view to see files with long names, etc. It is a time consuming annoying problem to always adjust rather than to immediately see the full file name....
  9. make change to default windows 10 file explorer search view

in Windows 10 Customization
    make change to default windows 10 file explorer search view: Is there a way to set the default view for the search results in file explorer without having to change it every time I use it? I would like to have the default view for the search results be "large icons" and not have to change it manually every time I use the search...
  10. Windows file explorer view changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows file explorer view changed: Hello, Don't know what I did (or did not), however my file explorer view changed: before I had my drives, downloads, and recent folders at the most left side, and to the right I had the content of each item, e.g. folder or drive. Now I have something like in the attached...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. To change the default edge page to This PC follow these steps: Open a new Explorer window. Click View in the ribbon. Click Options. Under General next to “Open File Explorer to:” “This PC.” Click OK.