Windows 10: Windows 10: Change microsoft account associated with product key

Discus and support Windows 10: Change microsoft account associated with product key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there, I recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed. My nephew run the intial setup and linked the windows 10 product key to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Pankhuri Agrawal, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Windows 10: Change microsoft account associated with product key

Hi there,

I recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed. My nephew run the intial setup and linked the windows 10 product key to his microsoft account. Now I need to link the same product key to my microsoft account so that I can use the features through my own account.

I have done basic searches on internet but so far not found a way to do this. Could anyone help me with a solution?

Thanks & Regards,

Pankhuri

:)

Pankhuri Agrawal, Feb 21, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Feb 21, 2019
  3. imacken Win User
    Multiple Keys associated with MS Account?

Thanks again.
    So, if I look on the list of devices on my MSA, there are some that I don't even own any more. Can I delete them and free up whatever key was used on those devices to be used on another device?

imacken, Feb 21, 2019
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Windows 10: Change microsoft account associated with product key

Multiple Keys associated with MS Account?

Yes, it is still linked to hardware. That has never changed. If you look at the device listing in your Microsoft Account you will see a list of DEVICES that have digital licenses for Windows 10.

Yes, you can still reuse retail product keys. The only obstacle is if it is a Windows 7 or 8 product key that has been blocked from online activation by Microsoft - then you would have to use other activation methods.

Licenses for Windows 10 are still issued on a per DEVICE basis, not a per user basis. Microsoft has only added the ability to store a DEVICE's license for Windows 10 in a user's Microsoft Account.

NavyLCDR, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10: Change microsoft account associated with product key

1. Windows 10: Change microsoft account associated with product key - Similar Threads - Change microsoft account

2. Change email associated with Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change email associated with Microsoft account: Hi,Last night when logging on to my PC I accidentally clicked on 'forgot password'. There were no issues as I simply clicked cancel and continued. However, I did notice that the re-set information was going to be sent to an old email address that I no longer use and which...
  3. Change email associated with Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change email associated with Microsoft account: Hi,Last night when logging on to my PC I accidentally clicked on 'forgot password'. There were no issues as I simply clicked cancel and continued. However, I did notice that the re-set information was going to be sent to an old email address that I no longer use and which...
  4. Change email associated with Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Change account name associated with Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change account name associated with Microsoft account: I just bought a new Dell XPS and when I signed in, I noticed the user path it gave me was "andre". I think I remember seeing this on my previous laptop, but I don't remember how I fixed it. My microsoft account is under Andrew *Last Name* and my associated email is...
  6. Changing Microsoft account associated with a profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing Microsoft account associated with a profile: My child somehow associated his Microsoft account from school with the main profile on our home PC and we can't figure out how to change/remove it. He's essentially taken over that profile. Any and all suggestions appreciated shy of saving local data wiping it....
  7. Change primary Microsoft account associated with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change primary Microsoft account associated with Windows 10: I have a Microsoft account (this one) to which I log using my primary email address, and which was completely inactive until this day. I also have a Skype account which I use daily (for my Skype), and to which I log using a Skype username. They both have different passwords....
  8. How to find my windows 10 Product key associated with my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to find my windows 10 Product key associated with my microsoft account: Hi, recently I have changed my motherboard, after that my hard disk crashed and every information on it was erased. I haven't took a back up of my OS. Is there anyway I can retrieve my product key for Windows 10 ? I could see one laptop in the devices tab of my account though...
  9. Change Windows' username associated with a Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change Windows' username associated with a Microsoft account: Hello, I have some trouble to solve a misspelled username in Windows 10. I am referring to the username used for the user's home folder. This username seems to be recorded somewhere in your Microsoft account but I am not able to find a way to edit it. It is automatically...
  10. Change the Microsoft account associated with a logon?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change the Microsoft account associated with a logon?: So we setup a MS account for my daughter, using her email address, but accidentally put in my birthdate so it got created as an adult account. This means I can't add the account to my "Family" so I can setup parental controls. According to Microsoft, there is no way to change...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i want to change the microsoft account associated with my windows 10 device

2. change microsoft account associated with pc

3. change the microsoft account associated with your windows phone