Windows 10: Windows 10 change name on login screen

Discus and support Windows 10 change name on login screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I change the name on the Windows 10 login screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by devildelux, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Windows 10 change name on login screen

How do I change the name on the Windows 10 login screen.

:)

devildelux, Aug 19, 2019

2. Changing the name on the WELCOME screen at startup in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern we will assist you with it.

I would suggest you to login in Microsoft account to change the name on welcome screen. In order to change the name refer the step given in below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-the-name-on-your-microsoft-account

(also applies to windows 10)

Note: After performing the steps I suggest you to restart the system in order to change the name on welcome screen.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Changing the name on the WELCOME screen at startup in Windows 10

I have followed your link but it still will not change the name. So if anyone can help please send us in the right direction. Remember it is for Windows 10.

David and Janet 1, Aug 19, 2019
  4. mrgeek Win User

Windows 10 change name on login screen

Change Windows Login Name

"My ultimate goal is to have my name changed on my Skype account. Which reflects the name on my lock screen."

Apply Step 5 to change the name on your Local account which is appearing on login screen to the name on you MS account profile that you do want to appear.

However, the Skype name is separate from the MS account name if you are using the traditional desktop program. You can change the Skype name to match by opening Skype/Skype tab/My account which takes you to Skype account page. Click your picture/Skype alias/Edit profile on next page/Change name here/Save at page bottom. Good Luck

mrgeek, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 change name on login screen

1. Windows 10 change name on login screen - Similar Threads - change name login

2. Changing login user name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing login user name: So say I have a user that has to manually type their user name,Where would I change the name that they would have to type? Not the lock screen display name But the login name that they would physically have to type.Thanks!...
  3. change user/login name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change user/login name?: When installing W10 it asks for the name of the user, I wasn't sure how this was used and entered my full name :First Last".Now I see that it uses this for the full user ID, including the "c:/users/username" path.I want to change that, so that I have C:/users/lastName no...
  4. Name on login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Name on login screen: I am having difficulty finding a way to change my name on the login screen for my desktop. I have tried the option through the control panel; however, when I click on the account I want to manage it is not giving me the option to change my name. Could someone help please?...
  5. Need to Change Login Name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need to Change Login Name: Pardon me if this has been dealt with, I have only seen the tutorial video about naming one's device prior to the initial installment of Win10. But as you see from the screenshot below, the name the machine displayed is not what is desired. When I ran thru the Open Box...
  6. Change account name on login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change account name on login screen: New to windows 10 and how the start up/set up on a new laptop. Now I have this really strange name on the lock screen page. Kinda looks like my email address, was wondering how I can change that. I have tried somethings that are on the web, but to no avail. Looking for...
  7. Login name needs to be Changed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login name needs to be Changed: When I set up my new computer I did not have a Microsoft account. I want to change it from my husbands Hotmail account to my account so when I log in it says my name not his with his Hotmail account linked to everything. How do I go about doing this?...
  8. Login named changed to AdministratorP??

in Windows 10 Customization
    Login named changed to AdministratorP??: My username shoes normally at the windows 10 login screen but then when I go into cmd prompt it shows that it has changed to AdministratorP. All of my folders and directories are now located under this new entity. I have had this laptop for years without issue. Anyone have...
  9. Unable to change name on login screen

Unable to change name on login screen: On the Windows 10 Pro login screen it shows my email address, I want it to ''show my first name only'' as this is how it is on my laptop. I also went to sign in option within windows to turn of the privacy settings so it won't show my email address but it still shows up on...
  10. Change Windows Login Name

Change Windows Login Name: I'm trying to change my name that displays on my windows login screen (not to be confused with my password). I've searched the web and tried everything I could find but nothing works. And the name was auto populated after initial setup of my new laptop. It' an older name I...