Windows 10: Windows 10 change system language in upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 change system language in upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! I have windows 8.1 Pro Fin x64. I want to upgrade it to Windows 10 and keep my programs and settings unchanged and in upgrade change also system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by laakspen, Aug 16, 2015.

1. laakspen Win User

Windows 10 change system language in upgrade

Hi!
    I have windows 8.1 Pro Fin x64.
    I want to upgrade it to Windows 10 and keep my programs and settings unchanged and in upgrade change also system language to En-us in the upgrade process.

I have created using MS Media Creation Tool Windows 10 Pro x64 DVD.

If I change in Win 8.1 region, system locale, keyboard to English - Us and after that upgrade my win 8.1 to Windows 10 using the created DVD. Will the upgrade be successful and my new windows 10 automatic activated? After upgrade I change region, locale and keyboard to Finnish.

I know that I can change display language in Windows 10 to English, but I'm eager to change also system language to English when I upgrade.

Is this workaround to do the system language change?

Best regards

:)

laakspen, Aug 16, 2015
  2. BrantRJ Win User

system language conversion

Hello,

I just bought a laptop in China. It has come with a Chinese version of Microsoft Home 10. I have tried the traditional ways to change the system language, but it will not work. I have read elsewhere that China only provides a single language OS. I am willing
    to pay to upgrade to windows 10 Pro to change the system language, but apparently you can't change the system language when upgrading. What should I do? Is there any way to change the system language?

BrantRJ, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Upgrade Windows 8 to Windows 10 changes language

I live in french-speaking Switzerland. HP delivered me a Windows 8 system all in English.

I ran the upgrade to Windows 10 and found that the whole system had changed to French, which I do not want. I have gone back to Windows 8.

The Microsoft help says

Can I change my language when I upgrade?

The easiest way to change your language is to upgrade using the same language you currently have on your PC, and then add a new language afterwards.

Comments? Solution?

J Michael Gerard, Aug 16, 2015
  4. Harpert Win User

I am not sure what you are trying to ask.
    in general when updating a "Swahili" version of Windows, it will update in "Swahili"

you can very easily add other language(s) in Windows 10 once you are done upgrading
    The only question is..... in which language do you want the Windows Interface to be....

English..... or Finnish
    That you need to choose while upgrading
    all other language and regional settings you can do afterwards

It's also possible to change the language of the interface, the DISPLAY language

good luck

Harpert, Aug 16, 2015
  5. bobkn Win User
    I have never seen a Windows OS upgrade that would let you change the base language.

Is a language pack adequate for your needs?

bobkn, Aug 16, 2015
  6. laakspen Win User
    Hi!
    I have now 2 users. I'm using my account in English and another user is using her account in Finnish.
    I know that I can change display language after the upgrade. But if it is possible I want to change the system language, because in some cases you get error messages in system language. If my system language is Finnish as it now is I get some error messages in Finnish. You admire why I want all messages in English. The reason is that when I seek / ask help in the Internet I must use terms in English because so few users know terms in Finnish.

Best regards

laakspen, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 change system language in upgrade - Similar Threads - change system language

2. Changing Windows system language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Windows system language: I installed Windows 10 in English-US, and later switched its system display language to Korean. I switched to Korean since Windows forced me to keep my display language IME, which is redundant as Korean keyboard also supports English qwerty mode, and existence of an extra IME...
  3. Changing Windows system language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Windows system language: I installed Windows 10 in English-US, and later switched its system display language to Korean. I switched to Korean since Windows forced me to keep my display language IME, which is redundant as Korean keyboard also supports English qwerty mode, and existence of an extra IME...
  4. Changing system language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing system language: I bought a new computer from greece and set the system language and all other language and region settings to HEBREW - ISRAEL90% of the operating system is set to Hebrew but i still see now and than greek words apearing on several locations.How can i make the whole system to...
  5. Changing system language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing system language: I bought a new computer from greece and set the system language and all other language and region settings to HEBREW - ISRAEL90% of the operating system is set to Hebrew but i still see now and than greek words apearing on several locations.How can i make the whole system to...
  6. Change system language on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change system language on Windows 10: I want to change my system language from Russian to English. Downloading a new language package, changing display language...I tried all of them. But doesn't work. It shows "your Windows license supports only one language interface " under each language package. How can I...
  7. Change System Language

Change System Language: Hi, hope this is the corrent section. I''ve changed my language from Italian to English (only the system, not the app) but the page settings is still in italian. I don't know if this is a bug or I do something wrong. I'll post some screenshot [img] [img] [img] As you can...
  8. changing system language

changing system language: about changing system language i can not find english format ,it just has chinese one so is there any data i should download or instal it to issue this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-system-language/fd99c65a-0528-40fa-b010-92d9910323da
  9. Change system language in windows 10 home single language

Change system language in windows 10 home single language: My laptop windows 10 home single language is in spanish system language and i want to change it to english. I already did the control panel settings to change language but it didnt work. Is it possible to change the language after re installing the windows or full system...
  10. change system language

change system language: I want to change the system language from german to English. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/change-system-language/67d88da7-3998-4043-ba57-2452c9a2ee59