Windows 10: Windows 10 - change the primary hard disc

Discus and support Windows 10 - change the primary hard disc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have laptop with SSD 32 GB - C drive and I later added additional SSD with 240 GB D drive. Windows was install on C drive. Currently all new programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by vladanmalbasa, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - change the primary hard disc

I have laptop with SSD 32 GB - C drive and I later added additional SSD with 240 GB D drive. Windows was install on C drive. Currently all new programs are getting installed by default on C drive. I do not have option to choose where they will be installed.

How I can overcome this problem and enable the laptop to allow me to put the program files on D drive, and use this bigger SSD as primary drive.

Thank you,

Vladan

:)

vladanmalbasa, Sep 16, 2019

2. Change primary alias

Hello,

Thank you for your reply,

As per description, when you click to change the primary on nothing happens.

Have you tried to perform the troubleshooting steps provided under section
    Change which alias is primary
    ?

If you have not performed the troubleshooting steps I would suggest you perform steps under
    Change which alias is primary , from my previous post. Which are as follow.

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset
    parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows.

Ashish Sondhi, Sep 16, 2019
  3. birdie Win User
    Let's have a poll on "Your primary Windows OS"

Let's have a poll on Your primary Windows OS:
    • Windows 10
    • Windows 7
    • Windows 8
    • Windows Vista and earlier
    Why "primary Windows OS"? Some of us may have alternative OS'es installed (CentOS for me), some of us may have two or more Windows versions installed concurrently.

Thank you!

birdie, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 - change the primary hard disc

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - change the primary hard disc

1. Windows 10 - change the primary hard disc - Similar Threads - change primary hard

2. Formatting a hard disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Formatting a hard disc: How to format a Widows XP hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatting-a-hard-disc/ac8f0d00-337d-45ba-9b1a-6ea0796dbaca
  3. Formatting a hard disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Formatting a hard disc: How to format a Widows XP hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatting-a-hard-disc/ac8f0d00-337d-45ba-9b1a-6ea0796dbaca
  4. Change primary hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change primary hard drive: So when i first built my pc i had a 250gb HDD. As you may tell, that isn't much so i bought and installed a 2tb HDD. I have many files on it now, and i have went to setting and put that i want new files to go to there, but still new files go to the 250gb hard drive. Is there...
  5. HARD DISC PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HARD DISC PROBLEM: Hello i have notebook Medion akoya E6222. First windows on this notebook was windows7. I buy it from one guy.He was selling this notebook.When i buy it it have no problems.This guy upraget it to windows 10.I have it month and i installed program.This program has a virus and...
  6. how to activate after hard disc change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to activate after hard disc change: When my computer crashed , the repairer told me the hard disc need to be changed. So I had given him my computer which had windows 10 operating system got through licence while upgrading intially. Now after replacing the hard disc the repairer has installed windows 10 Pro...
  7. hard disc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard disc: i bought a windows 10 machine and hadon C:Drive 117 gb of hard drive, i also have an extra on new Volume of E:Drive 1.36 TB my Question is i am running out on my C:Drive, HOW DO I GET TO USE THE E:Drive which holds 1.36 TB. i can not get to it as it will not let me get in...
  8. Hard disc drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard disc drive: how do I access this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disc-drive/c22b4328-29eb-4520-8d3c-b63f5b5a27e7"
  9. Reinstall Windows 10 and replace primary hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows 10 and replace primary hard drive: Hi folks, I've been running Windows 10 on this PC for a couple of years now. Upgraded online from Windows 7 during the free upgrade period. So I have no product key for Windows 10, I have a digital license tied to my Microsoft account. I want to reinstall Windows 10 now...
  10. Windows 10 Hard Disc utilization at 100%.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Hard Disc utilization at 100%.: I am fed up of this 100% disc utilization issue with Windows 10. I guess everyone who are searching for the solution of this issue is either beating around the bushes or getting mislead by MS official/ un-official posts or suggestions. I have been through dozens of blogs and...