Windows 10: Windows 10 changed all the file names on my thumb drive! Now I can't access my Roboform...

Discus and support Windows 10 changed all the file names on my thumb drive! Now I can't access my Roboform... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; About 4 months ago, Windows 10 somehow changed all the file names in a subdirectory to ONE file name with ascending numbers! It was only about 15... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MelJMaj, Mar 23, 2020.

1. MelJMaj Win User

Windows 10 changed all the file names on my thumb drive! Now I can't access my Roboform...

About 4 months ago, Windows 10 somehow changed all the file names in a subdirectory to ONE file name with ascending numbers! It was only about 15 files, so I was able to rename them, but it was shocking and frustrating!

A couple of months ago, I had my thumb drive connected during one of your so-called 'system updates'; when I next attempted to access my Roboform password program, it said it was unable to find the password archive and was showing empty folders!

I contacted Roboform and they suggested I perform a search for certain file types on the drive, but it says they're not there. So, using Recuva, I performed a search for 'hidden files'; it shows over 200 files with bizarre, numerical file names that *I* NEVER PUT ON THERE!!

What the heck are y'all doing over there at Microsoft?!

I enjoyed working with Windows 10 because it looks and feels a LOT like my old Windows before y'all started trying to mess with it to make it seem more like APPLE's garbage to attract 'Apple people'! Now, it's screwing with my files!! I got a new email address last year, so some of those sites are now inaccessible because I can't get in to change my email address on those accounts! Thanks a lot!

Please, make a suggestion for how to fix this! I already tried 'restoring' to before the 'update' Didn't work; big surprise!, but I don't have enough programming knowledge, anymore, to even know where to start to rename the files back!

I don't really expect anybody to help, over there, cuz it's not a question about 'social media' or how to 'post a "selfie"', which is about all y'all worry about now, right?

Really disgusted in Tennessee

:)

MelJMaj, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 23, 2020
  3. after windows 10 install, thumb drives recognized but files cannot be browsed. says it is not "migrated." I do not have access to files on my thumb drive.

• after windows 10 install, thumb drives recognized but files cannot be browsed. says it is not "migrated." I do not have access to files on my thumb drive.

• Windows 10 changed all the file names on my thumb drive! Now I can't access my Roboform... be9c17e6-7fa2-4ca4-86c7-87285c2dc86f.jpg

scheideckerj, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Windows 10 changed all the file names on my thumb drive! Now I can't access my Roboform...

Cannot access thumb drive.

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

What happens when you plug the thumb drive?

Do you receive any error code or error message?

Have you checked it with another thumb drive?

Try removing and reinserting it again.

Also make sure that the AutoPlay option is
    enabled
    on your computer. Follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows + X key.

• Select Control panel.

• Double click on AutoPlay option.

• Check on the box, Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.

Ensure that all chipset drivers from the device manager(Press Windows + X and select device manager)

are up to date and also run the hardware troubleshooter if the issue still persist.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Click view all in the left panel.

• Select ‘Hardware and devices' and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Hope this helps. Get back to us if you still face the issue with thumb drive. We are here to assist you.

Joy Kemprai, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 changed all the file names on my thumb drive! Now I can't access my Roboform...

1. Windows 10 changed all the file names on my thumb drive! Now I can't access my Roboform... - Similar Threads - changed file names

2. I can't change my name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change my name: There is also a little globe behind the user. I am the only one in my organization, so I have no clue why I can't change my name. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-my-name/eb85b095-8572-43e2-9d49-c98dc8f05a94
  3. I can't change my name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't change my name: There is also a little globe behind the user. I am the only one in my organization, so I have no clue why I can't change my name. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-my-name/eb85b095-8572-43e2-9d49-c98dc8f05a94
  4. ACCESSING FILE ON THUMB DRIVE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ACCESSING FILE ON THUMB DRIVE: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." The file is Mozilla Thunderbird e-mail program residing on a SanDisk external 32G drive.I am a participant in Windows Insider - just recently updated...
  5. ACCESSING FILE ON THUMB DRIVE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ACCESSING FILE ON THUMB DRIVE: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." The file is Mozilla Thunderbird e-mail program residing on a SanDisk external 32G drive.I am a participant in Windows Insider - just recently updated...
  6. can't change my name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't change my name in Windows 10: Hi i can't change my name in Windows 10, looking at all the other posts, websites and videos I understand that there was this 'change you name' option in control panel a few years back, but now it's gone and i dont know how to change my name. I want to change the greeting in...
  7. I changed my Admin name and now I don't have access to any of my files or other functions...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I changed my Admin name and now I don't have access to any of my files or other functions...: Hey all, I tried posting this on r/techsupport but for some reason it will not let me even request to post? I hope this is acceptable to post here because I really need help. Today I was bored and figured I'd change my Administration name to my nickname instead of my...
  8. I Can't Change my name

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I Can't Change my name: [ATTACH] Why is there no "Change your account name"? https://preview.redd.it/f1iq58cecp661.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=24931129a14b1e284f04107abe815a01110a22f0 submitted by /u/VernabR [link] [comments]...
  9. Can't access my pc after I changed it's name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't access my pc after I changed it's name: I changed my pc name the windows asked for a restart I did it then my pin and Microsoft account password didn't work i changed the password and used the new one didn't work tried to change the pin after the security code it gives black screen with the mouse and nathing I...
  10. Thumb drive name change

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thumb drive name change: Thumb drive windows 10 will only let me use 11 characters in the name 20321