Windows 10: Windows 10 changed my life for the better!

Discus and support Windows 10 changed my life for the better! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When Windows 10 came out and absolutely demolished everyone's computers and my own continuously, usually after a month or two of the garbage automatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JuddHouston, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Windows 10 changed my life for the better!

When Windows 10 came out and absolutely demolished everyone's computers and my own continuously, usually after a month or two of the garbage automatic updates taking it out, I got curious and started looking into other operating systems. I took a couple of freebie online course for Ubuntu, zeroed out all three computers in my home and installed Ubuntu. I have had a few crashes here and there due to me not knowing all Ubuntu, but all in all, all three computers have been smooth running machines! My friend owns a Raceway gas station across the street from were I reside and kept having the registers crash all the time which were running Windows 10. I suggesting trying out Ubuntu. He had asked about a program that he could do his work on and I researched and found him a couple to try out. I loaned him one of my computers after he had a bad crash and he hooked it up in the store and learned the software to use. After I got done replacing his hard drive due to Windows stuck in an update loop and burning it up, I reinstalled Windows 10 for him and gave the computer back. Two days later he called me up and asked if he could borrow my computer that he had used again and I loaned it to him. After this, he just kept on using it so I let him have it in return for his computer that kept crashing. I zeroed out that computer and installed Ubuntu Mate on it and did some research about Steam and there Beta Program to run video games. I followed the instructions that I had found and I tried out Doom 2016. It ran flawlessly... Gaming is becoming no longer and issue with Linux! Since then, which has been about two years, he and his family now run Ubuntu on all there computers and so do I and my family and friends. Thank you Microsoft for having Windows 10 be such an abomination that I had to use another operating system that I knew very little about. Now ALL my games run flawlessly and also my programs. Ubuntu is soooo smooth and doesn't do updates right in the middle of what you are doing. It asks if you want them done......Ubuntu down the road WILL take you over in the gaming department in the near future. Not too many people enjoy your pushed garbage products that tear up good hardware, cause down time at businesses, and can't be controlled at all. Your operating system Microsoft is nothing but a bunch of patched up, hacked up garbage code from low end coders that barley made it out of technical school at best. Linux doesn't boast to be the best, didn't take much to win me over your trash operating system. The more my family, friends and I use Ubuntu, the more we enjoy it. The best thing you have ever did Microsoft was push Abomination 10 on me. It pushed me into the arms of another operating system that functions so much better and also doesn't leave my privacy vulnerable like yours did. I wish you and the very few followers good luck with that trash.

:)

JuddHouston, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 6, 2018
  4. psbecker Win User

Windows 10 changed my life for the better!

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 changed my life for the better!

1. Windows 10 changed my life for the better! - Similar Threads - changed life better

2. would windows 10 be better for my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    would windows 10 be better for my computer?: I currently have windows 11 stored on an unsupported computer, the CPU is intel Pentium n3700, 4 cores, 4 threads.Otherwise it meets the correct requirementsthis CPU isn't on the official list for supported CPUs, and i heard from somebody that Windows 11's features, including...
  3. would windows 10 be better for my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    would windows 10 be better for my computer?: I currently have windows 11 stored on an unsupported computer, the CPU is intel Pentium n3700, 4 cores, 4 threads.Otherwise it meets the correct requirementsthis CPU isn't on the official list for supported CPUs, and i heard from somebody that Windows 11's features, including...
  4. My life

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My life: So pretty much, I'm stuck in school and its extremely **** boring. Umm, please get bill gates to send me a small loan of a billion dollars so I can get out of this dump. Appreciated! Jake Rees....
  5. Windows 10 update ruined my life -

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 update ruined my life -: After recent Windows 10 update I cannot restore my monitor (Dell U2711) native resolution 2560x1140 that I enjoyed for the last 4 or 5 years. Why it happened? What Microsoft did with my computer? I have the same setup that stopped to support native resolution. The video...
  6. Windows 10 19H2 will offer better performance and battery life

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 19H2 will offer better performance and battery life: Windows 10 19H2 (Fall 2019 Update) is set to roll out later this year with select performance improvements, quality enhancements and enterprises features. Microsoft also confirmed that Windows 10 19H2 installation on May 2019 Update PCs will be handled more like the monthly...
  7. laptop should be used in battery or plugged in (electricty) for better life of laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop should be used in battery or plugged in (electricty) for better life of laptop: my battery is full now so shall I unplugged my laptop from electricity and use on battery or shall I keep using it on electricity. If I use longer time on electricity and doesn't allow my battery to discharge then will it degrade my laptop's battery life...
  8. MY LIFE

in Windows 10 Customization
    MY LIFE: Yes my email has been HACKED email VictoriasSecret777 outlook won't stop to delete from the time I made it from back of June of 2018 and it's outlook.com please someone help me to delete it and from the time I can't delete it it has Skype and Outlook 365 and need for the...
  9. Windows 10 Destroyed my Battery Life

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Destroyed my Battery Life: I, like many others, had Windows 10 installed automatically when I wasn't home. I'm not necessarily opposed to this except that it has OBLITERATED my battery life. As an ultrabook user, I primarily own my Lenovo T431s because it can last me days at a time, or at least one day...
  10. Better battery life with Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    Better battery life with Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Creators Update: There’s a good chance you’ve noticed that Microsoft Edge and other popular browsers have recently been focused on improving battery life. We’ve been paying particular attention to this with Windows 10, and the response has been great. Windows users spend more than half their...