Windows 10: Windows 10 Changed My Sign-on Without My Permission

Discus and support Windows 10 Changed My Sign-on Without My Permission in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Frankly, my migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10 was relatively smooth. Thanks to all the online advice about download and installation, any glitches... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ambimom, Aug 11, 2015.

1. ambimom Win User

Windows 10 Changed My Sign-on Without My Permission

Frankly, my migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10 was relatively smooth. Thanks to all the online advice about download and installation, any glitches I've encountered have been resolved.....until yesterday.

I do not live my life online so the need to create a Microsoft identity for the Store apps was a tad annoying. I created an alias for the purpose which served me ....until yesterday.

I wanted to play Spider and discovered that my old Windows 7 version was gone, gone, gone, but there is a version in Windows 10 under Microsoft Solitaire Connection. It required me to sign-on with the Microsoft identity.

Unbeknownst to me, that Microsoft identity took over my computer. When I tried to sign on as the local administrator, it wouldn't let me. Luckily I had saved the password to the Microsoft identity with LastPass (which I could access through my phone or tablet). I had to retrieve that password from my tablet LastPass and then change the sign-on for administrator back to my original setup.

Needless hassle.

:)

ambimom, Aug 11, 2015
  2. griller Win User

Get rid of Sign in option on Windows 10

Original title: windows sign in

microsoft have dumped another load of **** onto my computer without my permission, I now have to sign in every time I boot up. I don't want this garbage on my computer, I just want to boot up onto my desktop just like I always did. How can I get rid of
    this sign in rubbish. How can I stop them from making changes to my PC without my permission?

griller, Aug 11, 2015
  3. rdmeyer Win User
    Default App's changed without my permission

I have set as a default a PDF reader and set what that reader can open. Periodically, another program on my computer changed the default to it's own PDF reader without my knowledge. How can this be happening? I go to "settings", "Default Apps" to set
    my default but it seems that some programs can make the change without my going to the default settings.

Is there any way for me to prevent this change?

rdmeyer, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Traijan Win User

Same thing here. I read up on what some folks feel is an invasion of privacy and decided to only create a local account when upgrading to W10. Well then I tried out Solitaire and got the impression from the game that I need to sign in, so I figured that I was then just signing into the game, but the next time that I started W10, I was shown that I needed to login with my Live account.

I was only fortunate that I had written my Live password on a digital sticky on W7 and looked at it every single day while waiting to upgrade to W10, so it was embedded in my head when this happened.

I've now reinstalled the Windows / Microsoft games that were from Windows 7 into Windows 10 as I really don't want anything to do with sending any data to Microsoft at this point until a lot more is known about the whole situation (that's just my preference, not making any judgements here).

After that episode, I went in and got back into my local account and deleted the Live account off my computer so that it can't happen again and just know that anything I do on the computer that makes me login is probably going to change my login to my computer into an online account again so I'll just not do it next time.

Traijan, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Changed My Sign-on Without My Permission - Similar Threads - Changed Sign Without

2. Will windows 10 update to 11 without my permission?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will windows 10 update to 11 without my permission?: Does anyone know if windows 10 will trick me into updating to windows 11 as part of typical automatic updates? Or will I need to tell windows I am ok with the update to windows 11?I am really not ready to upgrade yet and I do not want it to happen automatically....Thanks....
  3. signing in without asking my permission

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    signing in without asking my permission: Hello, my windows OS is not showing the sign in option its just signing in without asking my permission so i need solution for this problem so please provide me the solution as soon as possible. it dosent have any pin or password it just a normal sign in option....
  4. Windows update changing settings on my computer without permission

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows update changing settings on my computer without permission: I am so appalled with Windows 10. How dare you automatically install updates without my permission and completely change all my settings so that my computer is now almost unusable. The keyboard layout has been competely altered, I cannot find anything or write at any speed...
  5. Pin was removed from sign up without my permission

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin was removed from sign up without my permission: I have a PC at home. No one was access to it except me. Typically I leave my pc on. This morning I woke up to find that my pc had restarted and that the sign in pin had bean removed without me doing so. Is my PC safe? Should I be changing all my passwords?...
  6. Windows 10 Taskbar reset without my permission.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Taskbar reset without my permission.: My Windows 10 computer (which was updated from Windows 7 a few months ago) has a completely different setup for my Taskbar upon startup, both in terms of programs and coloring. Anyone know what happened? submitted by /u/MLDKF [link] [comments]...
  7. My windows reseted without my permission. windows 10

My windows reseted without my permission. windows 10: Hello Microsoft Community, Today I opened my pc and said that I couldn't login into my operating system. I didn't even know what is that about so I pressed sign out. It signed me out and then got me to the login screen the normal one. I inserted my password and then it said...
  8. Password was changed without permission

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Password was changed without permission: So I made a second account on a laptop I used for work, so a friend could borrow my laptop. I tried to log back into my account after setting him up on a local account, and now Win10 doesn't recognize my password at all. I don't know why, and it won't allow me to create a...
  9. Windows 10 uninstalling apps without my permission

Windows 10 uninstalling apps without my permission: Hi. I am a CS student and there are several apps I need installed on my PC (even if they are not compatible with it or slow it down). Just now I have found out Windows 10 silently uninstalled Meld and Visual Studio Code without my knowledge, let alone my permission. I've read...
  10. Windows 10 Minimizes My Programs On It's Own Without My Permission

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Minimizes My Programs On It's Own Without My Permission: How do I stop Win10 from Minimizing my programs when I leave my workstation? Some programs that I run must remain Maximized or they do not work correctly. This is very frustrating to me. I really need to know how to stop Windows from automatically Minimizing my programs. Any...