Windows 10: Windows 10 changed startup sequence?

Discus and support Windows 10 changed startup sequence? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I noticed after some recent windows update that my programs are loading even before I log on to windows. When I login some or all programs that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Yuri Mr., Feb 5, 2021.

1. Yuri Mr. Win User

Windows 10 changed startup sequence?

I noticed after some recent windows update that my programs are loading even before I log on to windows.

When I login some or all programs that I usually see starting up after logon are already in the system tray

Also sometimes when I try to shutdown system it tells me that other people are logged on and might lose work.

First I thought that this is because the feature "Smart startup" as behavior was very similar.

But I checked and is not turned on.

I am only admin on this PC.

Can someone please tell me windows boot process in such detail or point to resources where I can find out and also tell me how can I double check if "fast startup" feature is really disabled?

Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\System Settings > "Turn on fast startup" checkbox is unchecked.

Thank you

:)

Yuri Mr., Feb 5, 2021
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Feb 5, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Windows 10 changed startup sequence?

Unable to import task sequence for x64 to in-place upgrade to Windows 10 by task sequence.

Original Title: Windows 10 In-Place Upgrade

I am trying Windows-10 In-Place upgrade by downloading the task sequence from the below Microsoft website and following the steps as mentioned in the site (Below is the link which I am referring to )

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us...ws-10-with-system-center-configuraton-manager

I am able to successfully import the task sequence for Windowsx86, but when I am trying to import the same task sequence for x64, it's tries replace the exiting package (TS)

• Is it possible to rename the package name in the script, if possible please let me know how to do this
    • After the windows10 migration, administrator account is disabled and not able to login to the system. What would be the solution for this ?

Vivek_7_RR, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 changed startup sequence?

1. Windows 10 changed startup sequence? - Similar Threads - changed startup sequence

2. What is Windows 10 update sequence?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is Windows 10 update sequence?: What is Windows 10 update sequence? I restarted using a computer that had been idle since 2017. It is at version 1607. Update started a series of updates that included some very recent updates., the last of which failed. It is now trying the 2018-04 update. hopefully it...
  3. What is Windows 10 update sequence?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is Windows 10 update sequence?: What is Windows 10 update sequence? I restarted using a computer that had been idle since 2017. It is at version 1607. Update started a series of updates that included some very recent updates., the last of which failed. It is now trying the 2018-04 update. hopefully it...
  4. Change Key Sequence result

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Key Sequence result: Hello, Is there a way to change the result of the key sequence Shift + ` + a to have an 'ã' instead of an 'ä'? I'm using United States-International for my keyboard....
  5. Monitor not starting on startup sequence

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Monitor not starting on startup sequence: When I turn my desktop PC (Dell XPS-8920, running Win10 Pro) the monitor appears to turn on, but then won't bring up the login screen; screen appears to be dark. If I cycle power to the monitor (HP 23tm Touch Monitor) the screen recovers and I can complete the login...
  6. Change boot sequence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change boot sequence: When my computer boots up I do not get a message "Press f* to enter BIOS" although the facility must be there somewhere, I've been able to find a way in to change some of the settings but not the boot sequence. Unfortunately it's so long since I needed to do this I've...
  7. How to Change the Priorty sequence of the Network Adapters in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Change the Priorty sequence of the Network Adapters in Windows 10: As I attempt to connect to the internet using Windows 10, the computer checks for the adapter which will allow me to connect to the network. The Ethernet adapter icon appears first before the Wifi adapter which makes a successful connection with the internet. Because the...
  8. How to change the boot sequence

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change the boot sequence: How do I change the boot sequence on W10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-boot-sequence/b7db8bbf-4914-4af3-8331-e26314d38669"
  9. Is is normal for motherboard to forget boot sequence on startup?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is is normal for motherboard to forget boot sequence on startup?: Let's say I have 3 Disks in my desktop. Disk 1 Windows 10 with Config A Disk 2 Windows 10 with Config B Disk 3 Windows 10 with Config C So basically my PC will have 3 boot managers. Now I can set the boot sequence to say Disk 2 , form he bios. Now of course, after saving...
  10. Windows Sort sequence irritant -- wrong sequence

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Sort sequence irritant -- wrong sequence: Hi there when browsing through tagged music files Windows seems to come up with the WRONG sort sequence For example if I'm browsing Mozart Mozart symphonies /CD 1 Mozart symphonies /CD 10 ------- /CD 14 Mozart symphonies /CD 2 Mozart symphonies /CD 3 What I...