Windows 10: Windows 10 changes causes major problems with my computer "Ready to switch to linux"

Discus and support Windows 10 changes causes major problems with my computer "Ready to switch to linux" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a computer I built 11 years ago. It has a 1000 watt power supply, Core i7 980x with 24 gb of ram in an Asus Deluxe motherboard. I shut my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by automaster209ca, May 17, 2021.

1. Windows 10 changes causes major problems with my computer "Ready to switch to linux"

I have a computer I built 11 years ago. It has a 1000 watt power supply, Core i7 980x with 24 gb of ram in an Asus Deluxe motherboard. I shut my computer down last night and when I turned it on this morning, it rebooted three times. On the third time it went into recovery mode. Eventually it booted up but made many changes to my computer. Cleared my start menu, removed some desktop items and damaged my printer drivers where I cannot scan or fax anymore. I can still print luckily but that wasn't what I needed today. I really needed to scan something and now stuck in the water because I have to

:)

automaster209ca, May 17, 2021

2. Switch to Linux ??

after the major windows 10 failure

I can't stop thinking to switch to Linux

but I never use Linux

any suggestions ?

Win10_2019, May 17, 2021
  3. Switch to Linux ??

Find a suitable Linux forum and request comments from people who converted from Linux to Windows, in particular on

• Stability
    • Ease of use
    • Availability of external help in case of trouble
    • Availability of applications, games
    • Data exchange with the Windows world

Frederik Long, May 17, 2021
  4. Windows 10 changes causes major problems with my computer "Ready to switch to linux"

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, May 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 changes causes major problems with my computer "Ready to switch to linux"

1. Windows 10 changes causes major problems with my computer "Ready to switch to linux" - Similar Threads - changes causes major

2. Will changing my computer username cause any problems?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will changing my computer username cause any problems?: I want to change my computer username on Windows 11 but don't know if it will cause any issues. I noticed for files stored locally on my computer, like in the downloads section it has my computer username in it, so I am wondering 2 things:Will changing my computer username...
  3. Will changing my computer username cause any problems?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will changing my computer username cause any problems?: I want to change my computer username on Windows 11 but don't know if it will cause any issues. I noticed for files stored locally on my computer, like in the downloads section it has my computer username in it, so I am wondering 2 things:Will changing my computer username...
  4. Updates Causing Major Problems Again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates Causing Major Problems Again?: A few weeks ago, a MS update caused crashes/freezes/slowdowns on my HP notebook. But yesterday's update 1/2/2023 caused far worse problems. I was cleaning and inspecting the notebook with Revo Uninstaller Pro tools and Windows tools which rarely cause serious issues....
  5. Updates Causing Major Problems Again?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates Causing Major Problems Again?: A few weeks ago, a MS update caused crashes/freezes/slowdowns on my HP notebook. But yesterday's update 1/2/2023 caused far worse problems. I was cleaning and inspecting the notebook with Revo Uninstaller Pro tools and Windows tools which rarely cause serious issues....
  6. Updates Causing Major Problems Again?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 Updates causing major changes to my settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Updates causing major changes to my settings.: I am aware that this is not a new issue but I need to make my view known in this discussion. Given the security issues with windows 7 , I upgraded my laptop to windows 10 Pro version. I spent some time getting the settings the way I need them for my use of the laptop. I...
  8. Major problems with my windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Major problems with my windows 10: Hello, I am having a problem with my Windows 10... So I recently installed a fresh new windows 10 for my PC, It is an old build 10240 version that I got on my USB years back ago, But it's okay because I can update it I thought... So then after it finished installing I...
  9. Major Problem with Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Major Problem with Computer: My grandparents have an asus g11 gaming computer that they brought to their house a couple years ago. When the hurricane was coming for FL in September 2017 we moved across the state in hopes that we won't get killed. The aftermath was that my grandparent's house had no power...
  10. Recent update in Windows 10 caused major problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent update in Windows 10 caused major problems: I upgraded to windows 10 and for a couiple of days everything was fine then i had an automatic update and thats when my problems started. I know one of the reasons Windows 10 is free is to get everyone on Windows Edge the stupid thing is since the update i cant get on Windows...