Windows 10: windows 10 changes ‘date taken’ date.

Discus and support windows 10 changes ‘date taken’ date. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows photo editor 10 has changed the date taken date to when I modified the photo with edits. How do I get original “date taken “date back.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MichelleFallon, Jul 8, 2019.

1. windows 10 changes ‘date taken’ date.

Windows photo editor 10 has changed the date taken date to when I modified the photo with edits. How do I get original “date taken “date back.

:)

MichelleFallon, Jul 8, 2019
  2. Gowrish_S Win User

Unable to change the date taken for a video clip in Windows 10

Hi GustavTrinaus,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please try this step and let us know:

1. Change the Date taken field from Properties.

- Right click on File and select Properties.

- Click on Details tab and click on date taken field.

- Click on the date field and it becomes editable. Change the date accordingly.

You may refer the suggestions provided by TimStockdale, dated April 24, 2016 from this link named “Can’t
    change date of photo/video files in Windows 10
    ” and check it helps.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Regards,

Gowrish S

Microsoft Community -Moderator

Gowrish_S, Jul 8, 2019
  3. RachelJai Win User
    How to organize photos by Date Taken AND Date Modified

Hi.

I have over 2000 photos on a jump drive that I have imported over the past 5 years. I'm trying to organize them by chronological order with "Date Modified" but there was a glitch and about 200 photos all have the same date when they were taken in a span
    of 4 months. I tried organizing them by "Date Taken" but screenshot photos don't have a "Date Taken" timestamp. Is there a way I can organize photos by "Date Taken" AND organize photos by "Date Modified" (if they don't have "Date Taken.")

Any other suggestions or third party programs that converts the "Date Taken" TO "Date Modified"????

Let me know if this isn't clear!

Thanks.

Rachel

RachelJai, Jul 8, 2019
  4. windows 10 changes ‘date taken’ date.

How to change the time (not the date) a photo was taken in Windows 10

With Photo Gallery (which does not exist for Windows 10) it was possible to change not only the date but also the time a photo was taken. With Properties in Windows 10 I can change the date the photo was taken but not the time. Changnig the time is very
    useful, for example to automatically sort the photos in Google Photos (sometimes people have different times in their cameras and the photos are not correctly sorted).

Is there any way to change the time the photo was taken in Windows 10?

PereCasanellas, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 changes ‘date taken’ date.

1. windows 10 changes ‘date taken’ date. - Similar Threads - changes ‘date taken’

2. Date change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Date change: How do I change the date for my Microsoft solitaire collection please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-change/e2eb6cba-aa30-4827-bec8-995e397346e7
  3. Windows 10 expiration date has changed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 expiration date has changed: Welcome I bought a brand new HP laptop and I was the first one to use it, the information as below: licensed Windows 10 professional. Configured activation type: KMS. Volume activation expiration: 180 days. I don`t know whether they`re the cause or not, but I think it`s...
  4. Windows 10: Date, Date Created and Date Modified

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10: Date, Date Created and Date Modified: For what purpose is Date field in File Manager? It was default in my new laptop. I tried to find reason why file date was not changing even though I changed it. I had to contact IT support and they told that Date is wrong field. I couldn't imagine that Date field shows...
  5. Change date/

in Windows 10 Support
    Change date/: Hi, ever since I updated to the latest version of Windows 10 my date has been mixed up. I'm in Australia so we have day, month then year. but at the moment it's saying month,day, year. how do I change this? thanks :) 122000
  6. Unable to change the date taken for a video clip in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change the date taken for a video clip in Windows 10: Try to change "date taken" for a video clip. Although the "read only" box is empty, the system stubbornly refuses to accept a new date. Anyway, with images, stored in the same folder, there was no problem at all to change the date. ***Title modified from : Windows 10***...
  7. Date

in Windows 10 Customization
    Date: I am in India and we have a date format as DD/MM/YYYY, but in windows date there is no date format like this there is one like DD/MMM/YY so how can I change my date format to DD/MM/YYYY...
  8. Photos taken on today's date in the Photo App?

Photos taken on today's date in the Photo App?: My Windows 10 Photo App used to have a featured box that automatically displayed all the photos I took or downloaded on today's date in past years. I think I accidentally deleted that box and I see no option to bring it back. Is there a way to restore this feature so that...
  9. changing Date Format for windows 10

changing Date Format for windows 10: There are no option to change the date format from dd/mm/yyyy to mm/dd/yyyy for windows 10. How can I change the date format that is shown in the lower left-hand corner of the win 10 desktop?...
  10. Change date format

Change date format: how do i change date format to mm/dd/yyy. currently it shows dd/mm/yyyy. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-date-format/369e7554-8e46-40f7-b522-b8c0a3b672ef