Windows 10: windows 10 changes ‘date taken’ date.

Discus and support windows 10 changes ‘date taken’ date. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows photo editor 10 has changed the date taken date to when I modified the photo with edits. How do I get original “date taken “date back.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MichelleFallon, Jul 8, 2019.

1. windows 10 changes ‘date taken’ date.

Windows photo editor 10 has changed the date taken date to when I modified the photo with edits. How do I get original “date taken “date back.

:)

MichelleFallon, Jul 8, 2019
  2. Gowrish_S Win User

Unable to change the date taken for a video clip in Windows 10

Hi GustavTrinaus,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please try this step and let us know:

1. Change the Date taken field from Properties.

- Right click on File and select Properties.

- Click on Details tab and click on date taken field.

- Click on the date field and it becomes editable. Change the date accordingly.

You may refer the suggestions provided by TimStockdale, dated April 24, 2016 from this link named “Can’t
    change date of photo/video files in Windows 10
    ” and check it helps.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Regards,

Gowrish S

Microsoft Community -Moderator

Gowrish_S, Jul 8, 2019
  3. RachelJai Win User
    How to organize photos by Date Taken AND Date Modified

Hi.

I have over 2000 photos on a jump drive that I have imported over the past 5 years. I'm trying to organize them by chronological order with "Date Modified" but there was a glitch and about 200 photos all have the same date when they were taken in a span
    of 4 months. I tried organizing them by "Date Taken" but screenshot photos don't have a "Date Taken" timestamp. Is there a way I can organize photos by "Date Taken" AND organize photos by "Date Modified" (if they don't have "Date Taken.")

Any other suggestions or third party programs that converts the "Date Taken" TO "Date Modified"????

Let me know if this isn't clear!

Thanks.

Rachel

RachelJai, Jul 8, 2019
  4. windows 10 changes ‘date taken’ date.

How to change the time (not the date) a photo was taken in Windows 10

With Photo Gallery (which does not exist for Windows 10) it was possible to change not only the date but also the time a photo was taken. With Properties in Windows 10 I can change the date the photo was taken but not the time. Changnig the time is very
    useful, for example to automatically sort the photos in Google Photos (sometimes people have different times in their cameras and the photos are not correctly sorted).

Is there any way to change the time the photo was taken in Windows 10?

PereCasanellas, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 changes ‘date taken’ date.

1. windows 10 changes ‘date taken’ date. - Similar Threads - changes ‘date taken’

2. How to change the date taken date of a folder of old scanned photos. WIndows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change the date taken date of a folder of old scanned photos. WIndows 10: In searching for this topic, I found a reference to select all then click Edit>.However, edit only works on one file at a time. It is grayed out when multiple files are selected.Is there a solution?I'm running Windows 10 on a Surface Pro.Thanks!...
  3. How to change the date taken date of a folder of old scanned photos. WIndows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the date taken date of a folder of old scanned photos. WIndows 10: In searching for this topic, I found a reference to select all then click Edit>.However, edit only works on one file at a time. It is grayed out when multiple files are selected.Is there a solution?I'm running Windows 10 on a Surface Pro.Thanks!...
  4. How to change the date taken date of a folder of old scanned photos. WIndows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. uploading photos by date taken

uploading photos by date taken: HI,in windows 7 I used to be able to import photos from an sd card so they would automatically go into the photos folder in file explorer organized by date taken.I cannot get windows 10 photos to do this. I'd love to know how i do itthanks...
  6. Changing dates on photos with wrong dates in Windows 10

Changing dates on photos with wrong dates in Windows 10: I cannot get Windows 10 to let me change the dates on photos that are wrong. I cannot get Photo Gallery or Windows Essentials 2012. I cannot see where I can open a dialoque box that allows me to open up a box for date taken and not date created....
  7. Photos not displayed by Taken Date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos not displayed by Taken Date: I've scanned photos into my laptop and used File Explorer to correct the Taken Date. I file them by Year and some Years have Folders for Month. Some of them have been changed and refiled. The Photo app doesn't display them by Taken Date. File Explorer has a Folder for My...
  8. Jpg Date Taken Not Shown

Jpg Date Taken Not Shown: Hello if I right click on a photo, select properties, details, then under origin the date taken field does not show a date. Any fix ? Thanks in advance ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-date-taken-not-shown/660389de-bef5-4ae1-afcb-f65569c800bd"
  9. Organize Photos by Date Taken

Organize Photos by Date Taken: I recently purchased a new computer from Best Buy that came with Windows 10. I have hundreds of photos that I want to organize by DATE TAKEN. All I could get Windows 10 to do was organize them into 3 categories: LAST WEEK, LAST YEAR, and A LONG TIME AGO. Those may not be...
  10. Unable to change the date taken for a video clip in Windows 10

Unable to change the date taken for a video clip in Windows 10: Try to change "date taken" for a video clip. Although the "read only" box is empty, the system stubbornly refuses to accept a new date. Anyway, with images, stored in the same folder, there was no problem at all to change the date. ***Title modified from : Windows 10***...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows date taken