Windows 10: Windows 10 changes it keyboard to US after resuming from sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 changes it keyboard to US after resuming from sleep in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am having this issue that every time I resume from sleep, the keyboard automatically changes to en-US despite it is not an option in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WeijieTan1, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Windows 10 changes it keyboard to US after resuming from sleep

Hi,

I am having this issue that every time I resume from sleep, the keyboard automatically changes to en-US despite it is not an option in my language bar at all. I have seen several dated posts about 2016 and they do not work for me.

After some searching, I believe I have found the issue: at Settings -> Administrative language settings -> Welcome screen and new user accounts Copy settings..., The Input language in Welcome screen is somehow defaulted as en-US.

I have copied my current settings en-GB to welcome screen and system accounts, however, after resuming from sleep, the setting just reverted itself to en-US! Under Settings -> Account -> Your Info, it is shown that I am local account and administrator of this computer.

Any support/fixes welcome.

Thanks in advance!

PS: running windows 10 Build 19041.388

:)

WeijieTan1, Jul 26, 2020
  2. 'GeekyTim Win User

Keyboard language changes after resume from sleep

I only have one language input - UK English. After sleep my keyboard has changed to US - although that is not even in the list! Very annoying.

'GeekyTim, Jul 26, 2020
  3. bim27142 Win User
    Asus P8Z77-V resumes from sleep

I just noticed, my Asus P8Z77-V will resume from sleep all by itself without any intervention. I put it to sleep (Start > Sleep) then after a few seconds, it resumes. I don't know what's causing this. I have a USB mouse, I tried disconnecting it, still it resumed on its own after a few seconds. My keyboard is also USB but I haven't tried disconnecting that (yet) since I don't find it to be a likely culprit.

Any ideas? *Confused Windows 10 changes it keyboard to US after resuming from sleep :confused:

bim27142, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Anvi123 Win User

Windows 10 changes it keyboard to US after resuming from sleep

Keyboard language changes after resume from sleep

I use English as my windows 10 operating system interface language, but with an Italian keyboard layout.

I can have this desired configuration by setting English as the default language in control panel and then changing the keyboard layout manually, from the language icon on the lower right end of the screen.

However, every time my pc resumes from sleep, I find that the keyboard layout has been reset to English and I have to set it manually again. This behavior is quite annoying, does anyone know how to prevent it?

Anvi123, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 changes it keyboard to US after resuming from sleep

1. Windows 10 changes it keyboard to US after resuming from sleep - Similar Threads - changes keyboard resuming

2. Keyboard layout changes automatically upon resume from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard layout changes automatically upon resume from sleep.: I have a Lenovo Yoga 9i running Win 11 all latest drivers and firmware installed. I'm multilingual and have multiple language layouts installed, that I switch between: English United States with Faeroese keyboard, English United States with US keyboard, Swedish and Japanese...
  3. Keyboard layout changes automatically upon resume from sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard layout changes automatically upon resume from sleep.: I have a Lenovo Yoga 9i running Win 11 all latest drivers and firmware installed. I'm multilingual and have multiple language layouts installed, that I switch between: English United States with Faeroese keyboard, English United States with US keyboard, Swedish and Japanese...
  4. Windows 10 not resuming from Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 not resuming from Sleep Mode: I have an Lenovo PC running Windows 10 successfully for many years. Recently going back 2 or 3 Windows updates ago, it stopped resuming from sleep mode by using my Space Bar. Now I have to restart Windows with the power button. I read many posted questions with similar...
  5. Windows 10 no ipv6 on resume from sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 no ipv6 on resume from sleep: I have had this problem for the longest time and it is still happening with Windows 10 ver 2004. On my Surface Pro 7 and Surface Go 2 both now on Windows 10-2004, they will fail to obtain ipv6 addresses on SLAAC networks on resume from sleep for more than 1 minute. If I...
  6. Why is there no sound after resuming from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is there no sound after resuming from sleep: To add to my ever growing list of annoyances and gremlins, is as the title says. Absolutely no sound at all after the computer resumes from sleeping. I know that some people are going to nag me about old hardware, but cmon, i can understand video as it evolved to higher and...
  7. No sound after resume from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound after resume from sleep mode.: From about two years I have this problem. I have installed every single version of driver, but problem won't go away. Sound only come back when I restart Windows Audio service. Anyone have an idea what causes this? submitted by /u/antek2220 [link] [comments]...
  8. irregular BSODs after resume from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    irregular BSODs after resume from sleep: Hello, I am having irregular BSODs if and only if I have sent my PC to standby and am resuming from it. If I remember correctly, these BSODs come with different error codes. I have run the V2 log collector, the output is attached to this post. Thank you very much in...
  9. Cannot change keyboard for English from US to US International

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot change keyboard for English from US to US International: Hello, I am new in W10. Still busy installing and familiarizing... Installed my TWO main languages: English/US and DUTCH (my native language) Installed the US INTERNATIONAL keyboard for both languages. It worked... But... Today I noticed that my ENGLISH US has the default...
  10. Cannot change keyboard for English from US to US International

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot change keyboard for English from US to US International: Hello, I am new in W10. Still busy installing and familiarizing... Installed my TWO main languages: English/US and DUTCH (my native language) Installed the US INTERNATIONAL keyboard for both languages. It worked... But... Today I noticed that my ENGLISH US has the default...