Windows 10: Windows 10 changing back and forth from Enterprise to Pro

Discus and support Windows 10 changing back and forth from Enterprise to Pro in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I have a weird issue going on. I build machines using SCCM OSD. We use a KMS server for activation. Over time, there are many instances... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lironnie, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Windows 10 changing back and forth from Enterprise to Pro

/u/lironnie, Jan 24, 2023
  2. Shawn Brink, Jan 24, 2023
  3. sbpetrack Win User
    Downgrading Windows 10 enterprise to pro

The procedure is a bit arcane, but I have managed to convert an Enterprise Evaluation to Pro, doing it in two steps: EnterpriseEval to Enterprise (unactivated); then Enterprise (unactivated) to Pro. Details here.

(Note to the moderator/owner: apologies if this is not an appropriate post for this thread, in which case I thank you for deleting it. I posted only to update/correct the assertion quoted above.)

sbpetrack, Jan 24, 2023
  4. lx07 Win User

Windows 10 changing back and forth from Enterprise to Pro

Downgrading Windows 10 enterprise to pro

You are asking the wrong question. It is (technically) possible to switch your versions around but it is isn't trivial. If you have to ask about what to do with your games I think you are not even close to being able to do it.

You can convert standard Enterprise to Pro but you can't convert an Enterprise Evaluation to anything as it clearly said when you signed up to the program.

So if you have bought a valid 10 Pro key or your PC came with 10 Pro installed anyway, I'd suggest you clean install 10 Pro. (unplug your other drives first).

Don't try using generic keys or anything. It is against the rules of this forum and will not work in any case.

You need a valid key to activate and assuming you do I suggest you use it.

Thema:

Windows 10 changing back and forth from Enterprise to Pro

1. Windows 10 changing back and forth from Enterprise to Pro - Similar Threads - changing forth Enterprise

2. Cannot change Windows 10 from Enterprise to Pro after reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot change Windows 10 from Enterprise to Pro after reset: On one of our laptops, after reset, the Win version became Enterprise. I learned that we are supposed to use the Generic pro key to change it back to Pro but it didn't let me. What should we do in this case? The PC originally was on Win8 Pro and then upgraded to Win10 Pro...
  3. Change from Windows enterprise to Windows 10 pro

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change from Windows enterprise to Windows 10 pro: My earlier company had given a laptop with Windows enterprise. I've left that company and now I want to shift from Windows enterprise to Windows pro or home with a new digital licence from MS....
  4. How to change windows back to windows 10 home from windows 10 enterprise.

How to change windows back to windows 10 home from windows 10 enterprise.: A while ago I tested some hardware for someone due to some issue they had on their own computer. I only tested their graphics card and for some reason, my windows 10 edition got switched to enterprise from home. I gpu I tested from their computer had the same edition of...
  5. Change from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro

Change from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro: I have been using an enterprise license of Wiundows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 for some time now. I am no longer associated with the organizaton that holds the enterprise license. I do, however, have a valid Windows 7 key from a computer that I have since scrapped. Can I...
  6. Why is windows changing back and forth with the moving and copying as a default?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is windows changing back and forth with the moving and copying as a default?: I am moving files from one folder to another in order to better organize my files. I click on a file and move it from one location to another. Files within the same drive are moved when you drag them from folder to folder. When moving from drive to drive it will default to...
  7. change back to windows 10 home from pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    change back to windows 10 home from pro: some how my lap top has windows pro instead of windows 10 home. How do I go back to windows home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-back-to-windows-10-home-from-pro/220fd632-32a6-4ff0-a238-d5e8c814ceff
  8. Change Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro

Change Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro: Hello Everyone, I got an HP Probook 440 G4 from my University Manipal Institue of Technology, Manipal, India after joining the campus. It came preinstalled with Windows 10 Enterprise Edition and required me to connect to University Wifi every 180 days to preserve my...
  9. Windows Update Change from Pro to Enterprise

Windows Update Change from Pro to Enterprise: My computer has Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. After I ran Windows Update and 2019-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4505903) was installed, Windows Settings states "Windows isn't activated. Activate Windows now. After unsuccessfully trying...
  10. Change from Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro

Change from Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro: Hello everyone, This is my first post. I have retired from a university and no longer qualify for Windows 7 Enterprise or its upgrade to Windows 10; so I will be purchasing Windows 10 Professional 64 bit. I have read a few posts and am now not sure how to proceed. I would be...