Windows 10: Windows 10 - changing default user

Discus and support Windows 10 - changing default user in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I giving my computer to my friend. I want to change the default user i already created a new admin user and make sure they cam access appstore and has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BeaM_1124, Jan 12, 2020.

1. BeaM_1124 Win User

Windows 10 - changing default user

I giving my computer to my friend. I want to change the default user i already created a new admin user and make sure they cam access appstore and has microsoft edge. Then i want to remove my profile original default profile completely. How do i do this with windows 10?

:)

BeaM_1124, Jan 12, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 12, 2020
  3. How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Windows 10 - changing default user

Default User on Windows 10

Hi Rana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    I suggest you to switch the account to pGina account while you have signed into ranab account.

After you switch to pGina account sign out and try to login and check for the issue.

Follow the steps to switch accounts:

• Press Windows logo and click on the User profile and switch to pGina account.
    • And sign out from the account.
    If the issue still persists,

I suggest you to Remove and Re-add the account.

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - changing default user

1. Windows 10 - changing default user - Similar Threads - changing default user

2. Change default user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change default user: I just had to totally replace my Windows 10 OS and now it's using deejh as the default user instead of wildchild1954, which is what it used to, and should still, be. Can anyone tell me in simple English how to make that back into the default user? I hate having to go...
  3. Change default user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default user: I just had to totally replace my Windows 10 OS and now it's using deejh as the default user instead of wildchild1954, which is what it used to, and should still, be. Can anyone tell me in simple English how to make that back into the default user? I hate having to go...
  4. Change default user

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows user creation and change the default user profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows user creation and change the default user profile: Hi everyone, This is the first time i use this site so I have no idea how it works, anyway... In the company where I work we need to create different users but with the same applications and configurations, but on different PCs. I tried to use the guide to enable...
  6. Changing default user name

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing default user name: Hello, I was wondering if there's a way to change the default user name to another so all the software/programs, including Dropbox, can be addressed to the new user folder. For example, the Windows is currently under the username "AaBb" so it defaults to...
  7. Changing Default New User Profiles on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Default New User Profiles on Windows 10: I'm trying to figure out how to change the default new user profile on WIndows 10. I'm not sure if I'm using the right terminology, but I'll describe what I'm trying to do. Whenever I add a new local user, I'd like that account to be customized a certain way. This way I don't...
  8. Change default location for new users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change default location for new users: In previous versions of Windows, a quick registry hack has let me create my main user (after the one in C:\Users created when installing Windows) in E:\Users rather than C:\Users. This is the method I've used before: Use Regedit to navigate to:...
  9. Task scheduler windows 10: how to change the default user?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Task scheduler windows 10: how to change the default user?: When I edit a task I already created (like the one in the print screen), and press ok, it set a wrong user (it sometimes set it as "medium mandatory level", and the task won't run until I set the user as "Me-PC\Me" Where can I set the default account for the task to...
  10. Change Default Icon for User's Files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Icon for User's Files in Windows 10: How to: Change Default Icon for User's Files in Windows 10 How to Change Default Icon for User's Files in Windows 10 [img] Information This tutorial will show you how to change the default icon used for User's Files to any icon you want for your account in Windows 10....