Windows 10: Windows 10 changing the brightness automatically

Discus and support Windows 10 changing the brightness automatically in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have recently obtained a new EliteDesk G1 with Windows 10 Pro on the latest update and for some damn reason, the display changes the brightness... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DanAMor, Nov 10, 2018.

1. DanAMor Win User

Windows 10 changing the brightness automatically

I have recently obtained a new EliteDesk G1 with Windows 10 Pro on the latest update and for some damn reason, the display changes the brightness depending on the application/game that is being displayed. If I show a dark image the screen turns dark and if I use a show a bright image then you guessed it! The screen turns bright. Now I have done some researching myself and found absolutely NO answers. Now I am talking about a desktop computer with no sensor, not a laptop with a battery and with those settings. I have updated my drivers, I have went into the battery plan settings and on all settings the auto brightness setting on the display tab is off. Any help chief?

:)

DanAMor, Nov 10, 2018

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Nov 10, 2018
  3. Brightness automatically changes in Windows 10

Hello Pam,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

In this scenario, for us to be able to understand the issue better, let us know the make and model of the desktop you are using.

Also, do you have any active Power plan you have set in Windows?

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to follow the below steps to
    disable the adaptive or auto brightness for the selected power plan (if you already have a Power Plan created in Windows).

• Open Control Panel and click on Power Options.
    • Open your active power plan, you’ll see Change plan settings option. Click Change plan settings next to your current power plan to open Edit Plan Settings window.
    • Click Change advanced power settings option. This will open Power Options dialog.
    • Expand Display and then expand Enable adaptive brightness. Change it to Off

Next, if you’re sure that the adaptive brightness or auto brightness is disabled on your PC, then it could be because your PC using Intel HD graphics, and the Intel power saver technology is trying to save some power by
    automatically decreasing backlight intensity.

Note: You need to refer to the manufacturer provided manual for more information on how to access Intel Graphics Panel and its properties.

Write to us with the updated results and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 10, 2018
  4. Windows 10 changing the brightness automatically

Brightness changing problem

Hi,

Changing the screen brightness on your laptop can be adjusted by going to
    System > Display
    where you can use the slider to adjust the brightness. If your PC supports, you may also let Windows to automatically adjust the screen brightness according to the current lighting condition by enabling
    Change brightness automatically when lighting changes.

If you've already the tried the suggestions above but the screen brightness still doesn't change, then we suggest updating the display drivers. Please see

Update drivers in Windows 10
    for the steps on how to update the drivers.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 changing the brightness automatically

1. Windows 10 changing the brightness automatically - Similar Threads - changing brightness automatically

2. Brightness changed automatically in browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness changed automatically in browsers: I was browsing on Chrome, and as I scroll up and down on the webpage, the brightness is changed automatically. Microsoft Edge is having the same issue. I went to my display setting, there is only the slider on my brightness, there is no option to turn on or off the "adaptive...
  3. Brightness changed automatically in browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness changed automatically in browsers: I was browsing on Chrome, and as I scroll up and down on the webpage, the brightness is changed automatically. Microsoft Edge is having the same issue. I went to my display setting, there is only the slider on my brightness, there is no option to turn on or off the "adaptive...
  4. Automatic brightness change No Adaptive brightness in Lenovo S340 windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatic brightness change No Adaptive brightness in Lenovo S340 windows 10: Hi to all of you, I have a Lenovo S340 laptop, its brightness is changing automatically even after there is no function of adaptive brightness in my system . I tried resetting my PC once but the problem was still there and even i formatted my laptop & booted it completely...
  5. Brightness keeps changing automatically. Adaptive brightness option is not there in the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness keeps changing automatically. Adaptive brightness option is not there in the...: My display brightness keeps changing every time i switch between different apps. I've been having this issue for a long time. I'm using HP Omen Laptop. Windows 10. I saw another thread with the same issue but was unable to reply in it. I followed the steps that said the...
  6. Laptop Brightness Changing Automatically.

Laptop Brightness Changing Automatically.: I have a hp pavilion laptop.For the last few days i see the laptop brightness increase to the max without pressing any key.It would be good if anyone can help me...
  7. Automatic brightness

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatic brightness: I dont know if it windows related, but when i minimize everything the screen dims and its very annoying. Ive looked for brightness setting everywhere but no result. submitted by /u/Thomas42069399 [link] [comments]...
  8. How to change brightness automatically when lighting changes

How to change brightness automatically when lighting changes: Hi there, I want to turn off the 'Change brightness automatically when lighting changes' function but do not have thecheck box. How can I do this? Thanks, Lesley...
  9. Problem with screen brightness changing automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with screen brightness changing automatically: I use an ASUS TUF Gaming Laptop, which is around an year old. For last few days, the brightness of my screen keeps changing automatically. I have checked every brightness setting under display but there is no option called 'Change brightness automatically when lighting...
  10. Display Brightness Automatically Changing.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Brightness Automatically Changing.: So, Posting here because I'm unsure as to whether this is Intel Software, Hardware, Mobo, Display, OS or Driver related. I've trawled Google and tried multiple fixes but I still have this strange issue. For no rhyme or reason my display has been automatically adjusting...