Windows 10: windows 10 checking for updates is stuck

Discus and support windows 10 checking for updates is stuck in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; when checking for updates the screen has been showing the dots for over 1/2 hr... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Joeackfl, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Joeackfl Win User

windows 10 checking for updates is stuck

when checking for updates the screen has been showing the dots for over 1/2 hr

:)

Joeackfl, Nov 30, 2020
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 30, 2020
  4. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

1. windows 10 checking for updates is stuck - Similar Threads - checking updates stuck

2. checking for update stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    checking for update stuck: My Windows update keeps saying checking for updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/checking-for-update-stuck/04d2a749-2fdb-43a3-8873-344874b403d3
  3. checking for update stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    checking for update stuck: My Windows update keeps saying checking for updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/checking-for-update-stuck/04d2a749-2fdb-43a3-8873-344874b403d3
  4. Windows 10 install stuck on Checking for updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install stuck on Checking for updates: I started to update from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. The first thing the update does is check for updates and it has been on that for about 2 hours. How long does this take or is it hung?...
  5. Windows 10 stuck on checking for updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 stuck on checking for updates: My windows 10 update is stuck on checking for updates. I tried the stopping the service and starting it again, and deleted the files in the Software Distribution folder according to this video and nothing worked. And the trouble shooting tool was stuck on pending for...
  6. Windows 10 Update Stuck at Checking for Updates

Windows 10 Update Stuck at Checking for Updates: Windows Update has been stuck for 2 days. It keeps refreshing forever and shows nothing. I tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter, and it's been "Checking for pending restart" forever. Does anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks! [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows Update: Stuck on Checking for Updates

Windows Update: Stuck on Checking for Updates: Windows Update never finishes Checking for Updates. Does not show any message, just keeps on checking. Also Microsoft Store does not show updates for the installed apps and does not show installed app list. Reinstalling Windows is not an option. Please...
  8. window 10 update is stuck on checking for updates

window 10 update is stuck on checking for updates: I bring up windows 10 update and the computer goes to checking for updates and just keeps checking. I tried troubleshooter for updates but it gets stuck on aalso....
  9. stuck in checking for updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    stuck in checking for updates: I had to take my desk top back to factory specs, win 7. Went to win 10 upgrade page and ran update. Started down load then computer went to check for updates. It appears as if it is stuck there. Has been checking for updates 2 hours now. Am going to bed and letting it run....
  10. Stuck Checking For Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stuck Checking For Updates: Hi All, I reinstalled my factory W7 Home Premium x64 on a new ssd before upgrading to 10. Once I got up and going, fully activated windows 7. Both W7 (updates) and W10 installer get stuck "checking for updates". Neither W7 or W10 will get any updates. Any...