Windows 10: windows 10 child family member's account not syching

Discus and support windows 10 child family member's account not syching in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a windows family member child account on my laptop. My child can log in using his account credentials, but none of the account settings such as... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jakemonO, Dec 28, 2018.

1. jakemonO Win User

windows 10 child family member's account not syching

I have a windows family member child account on my laptop. My child can log in using his account credentials, but none of the account settings such as content restrictions and screen time applies on the laptop. It all works fine on the family desktop PC. The family account settings (see screenshot 1)

windows 10 child family member's account not syching 6300c98c-5f79-40ae-b182-9e1806080f98?upload=true.png

indicates that my child has to verify their account from the device (the laptop.) When I try to do this on the laptop, I get the verify screen (screenshot 2)

windows 10 child family member's account not syching 46899dd2-f80b-44e1-ad76-2a36e3bdcfa6?upload=true.png

but nothing happens when I click on the sign in button. Additionally, when I am in the "Manage your account" system settings in my child's account and I click the "Sync your settings" option, the Settings app becomes unresponsive.

Both my laptop and home PC are running up-to-date versions of Windows 10. The home PC has Windows 10 Home and the laptop has Windows 10 Pro. They are not managed PCs and I have full admin rights to both.

I really need to have my child's account on my laptop respecting the family settings I created for him. Please assist.

:)

jakemonO, Dec 28, 2018

2. Family member accepted invite to family, but does not show in parent account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

Have you verified the date of birth you setup for these child accounts?

If you have not setup their date of birth properly on
    https://account.live.com/
    , we suggest you login your children's account and apply the complete details and update the account. After updating the profile information, remove and re-add the child account on the Family Safety
    website.

Please follow these steps on how to remove a child and re-add it as a member of your Family Safety program.

To remove a member, follow these steps:
    1. Log in to
    https://fss.live.com

2. Click Remove a family member.

3. Select the member you want to remove by selecting the checkbox on the right of each member.

4. Click Remove, confirm it by clicking Remove again.

To add the member again, follow these:

1. Click Add a new child.

2. You will be asked to sign in the member you want to add. Click Sign in at the right side of the option "Does this child has a Windows Live ID?"

3. Sign in using the child account. After entering the child account, it should appear as the member.

Reference:
    Keep your kids safer on the PC

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/add-child-account

Hope this helps. Get back to us if the issue persist. We are happy to help.

Swathi Ravichandran, Dec 28, 2018
  3. JoniJones Win User
    Adding a child family member

Thanks for your reply. Here are my responses to your questions.

• Adult accounts - set to administrator? How many?
      Yes set to admin. Two are, however both aren't connected to my son's account, only mine shows connection to his.

• Child accounts - set to child and connected to a Microsoft Account? How many?
      Yes, one child account is connected.

• Does
      account.microsoft.com/family
      show your family correctly?
      When I log in with my email, it shows my son as a child on my account.
    I don't know what this statement means.
    Section for the kids - should show a line item for each MSA (where settings will be applied to all Windows 10 and Windows Phone devices), and a separate line for each other non-Windows 10 device connected to the Family service.

JoniJones, Dec 28, 2018
  4. windows 10 child family member's account not syching

Microsoft Family Child Account - Able to Access Blocked Accounts

Hi Randy,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the restrictions that you’ve set on your child’s account under
    Microsoft Family may be caused by some configuration on the feature. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you remove and re-add your child’s account to the
    Microsoft family. This process will re-establish a good configuration on the account. To remove a Family member, you may follow the steps provided in this article on how to
    remove members from your Microsoft family.
    Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the steps under the Online section, and then complete the process. After completing the steps, you may go to this article on how to
    set up your family, and then complete the given steps. After completing the process,
    you may set the restrictions to your child’s account by following the steps given in this article on how to
    set restrictions for your child
    on Windows 10 and Xbox One.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 child family member's account not syching

1. windows 10 child family member's account not syching - Similar Threads - child family member's

2. family group child member cannot join

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family group child member cannot join: Hello,My childs account was removed and added to another family group account which no one has access to anymore. How can I have his account re-joined. I can login to my account and his but he cannot leave the other family group account....
  3. family group child member cannot join

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    family group child member cannot join: Hello,My childs account was removed and added to another family group account which no one has access to anymore. How can I have his account re-joined. I can login to my account and his but he cannot leave the other family group account....
  4. family group child member cannot join

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Adding family member as a member adds him as a child?

Adding family member as a member adds him as a child?: Hi there,So I've added my wife as a family member so she can use my pc, but since she is not that computer literate I've added her as a member and not as orginiser. By doing that, she has received the email saying that I would like her to join my family as a child. After you...
  6. need to change my family members account from child to wife

need to change my family members account from child to wife: i just need help changhingmy wife from child on my family https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-change-my-family-members-account-from/5f7e5530-41fc-48f8-b21a-2cedacf93794
  7. Windows 10 will not let family member child account login

Windows 10 will not let family member child account login: I am setting up a child account on a laptop that I have been using for a couple months. I have completed the child account setup process completely, the account shows up on the laptop, but when I try to login to it, it never fully logs in, and just kicks me back to the login...
  8. Problem with family member account

Problem with family member account: I have the following message on a child family members account Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device LAPTOP-%%%%%%5 for family features to work. The fix it says it to start, settings, accounts, family and other people under your family, select...
  9. See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member: How to: See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member How to See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member One of the many benefits of having a Microsoft account is a family group, which gives you access to family features and...
  10. Add or Remove Child Member for Microsoft Family Group in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Child Member for Microsoft Family Group in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Child Member for Microsoft Family Group in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Child Member for Microsoft Family Group in Windows 10 A child's location, limit which websites and games they can access, and require your approval to purchase from the...