Windows 10: Windows 10 chime sound keeps looping whenever my screen goes to sleep mode.

Discus and support Windows 10 chime sound keeps looping whenever my screen goes to sleep mode. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; 2 days ago I restarted my pc for the 1903 update. Whenever my screen goes to sleep mode after 5 minutes of not using it, this chime/sound keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by aro3o6, Sep 30, 2019.

1. aro3o6 Win User

Windows 10 chime sound keeps looping whenever my screen goes to sleep mode.

2 days ago I restarted my pc for the 1903 update. Whenever my screen goes to sleep mode after 5 minutes of not using it, this chime/sound keeps repeating itself until I move the mouse to wake the screen. Its the sound when a device is plugged in and out, but it just keeps going on forever. I have had zero problems before the update and now its kinda annoying. Its not really a huge problem as I can just disable the screen sleep setting or just mute my speakers, but it is still a problem worth mentioning imo. Not sure if its just on my end or is anyone else getting the same problem?

:)

aro3o6, Sep 30, 2019

2. Windows keeps chiming in sleep mode

Why does my brand new HP desktop computer with Windows 10 installed randomly chime when it goes into sleep mode?

StevenWB57, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Windows keeps chiming in sleep mode

Thanks Andre. Your suggestion put me on to another possible source of the chimes. I believe the chimes are associated with a Bluetooth or WIFI device randomly disconnecting and reconnecting with my desktop while in the sleep mode. Lots of Bluetooth and
    WIFI devices in our home. I am on it! Thanks again.

StevenWB57, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Windows 10 chime sound keeps looping whenever my screen goes to sleep mode.

Windows keeps chiming in sleep mode

Hi Steven

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Press Windows key + R

Type: control

Hit Enter

Open Sound

Click the Sounds tab

Click in the Sound Scheme list box

Under Program Events, look if there is a sound applied for Sleep.

You can also try isolating the problem by clicking in the 'Sound Scheme' list box and choose 'No sounds'

Click Apply then OK

Put the computer to see again to see if it happens.

Andre for Directly, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 chime sound keeps looping whenever my screen goes to sleep mode.

1. Windows 10 chime sound keeps looping whenever my screen goes to sleep mode. - Similar Threads - chime sound keeps

2. Windows 11 keeps sounding Chime

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keeps sounding Chime: I run my PC with Windows 11 and recently I've been facing this issue.The system randomly keeps chiming the sound like a system notification but nothing happens. It doesn't even happen once in a while, but chimes continuously for 5 seconds then happens again after a while. And...
  3. Windows 11 keeps sounding Chime

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 keeps sounding Chime: I run my PC with Windows 11 and recently I've been facing this issue.The system randomly keeps chiming the sound like a system notification but nothing happens. It doesn't even happen once in a while, but chimes continuously for 5 seconds then happens again after a while. And...
  4. Ticking sound when screen goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ticking sound when screen goes to sleep: My system is set to a 5 minutes screen sleep time, so when the screen is ideal for 5 minutes it sleeps. Every time the screen sleeps a ticking sound keep on coming until I wake it up. The sound is like the one similar to "mobile phone's camera trying to focus and taking...
  5. Incessant repeating chime during sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Incessant repeating chime during sleep mode: DEll Inspiron after going into a sleep mode, continues to sound a six note chime every 30 seconds or so. Any idea how to stop it from doing that?...
  6. Windows 10 goes to lock screen instead of sleep mode.

Windows 10 goes to lock screen instead of sleep mode.: My computer has this problem for a while but i haven't found any solution online. My PC doesn't go to sleep mode by being idle anymore, instead of going to sleep mode it just locks the user and goes to the lock screen. The only way to go to sleep mode is to put my PC...
  7. WiFi and Bluetooth keep disconnecting whenever laptop goes into sleep mode

WiFi and Bluetooth keep disconnecting whenever laptop goes into sleep mode: I am having a huge issue with my new HP Pavilion laptop that I purchased a couple of weeks ago whereby whenever the device goes into sleep mode, my WiFi and Bluetooth adaptors turn off and do not come back on again. I have ensured all my drivers are up to date and have...
  8. THE SCREEN SAYS " LOCKING " and it goes into sleep mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    THE SCREEN SAYS " LOCKING " and it goes into sleep mode: 2 days ago i upgraded my windows 10 to build 1903 , since then , randomly and during any activity (gaming , watching a video ..etc) , screen with the word "locking" in the middle appears for half a second and my laptop goes into sleep mode and then i have to turn it on...
  9. Windows keeps chiming in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows keeps chiming in sleep mode: Why does my brand new HP desktop computer with Windows 10 installed randomly chime when it goes into sleep mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-keeps-chiming-in-sleep-mode/972d006a-23d5-4bc8-afc2-30d883cd9733
  10. Whenever the screen chimes, it shows the multicolors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Whenever the screen chimes, it shows the multicolors: Whenever the screen chimes, it shows the multicolors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/sorry/7aea538c-b7ad-49e7-bbac-85b042b1cbf0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. When my computer is in sleep mode on Harriet chime in the background whats going on

2. windows 10 sound screen goes on