Windows 10: Windows 10 China

Discus and support Windows 10 China in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have purchased a HP i3 desktop computer (no DVD drive) which has a Chinese version of Windows 10 Home. It won't allow me to change the language in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChrisSpi, Nov 7, 2019.

1. ChrisSpi Win User

Windows 10 China

I have purchased a HP i3 desktop computer (no DVD drive) which has a Chinese version of Windows 10 Home. It won't allow me to change the language in settings which is apparently common. Can I upgrade to the English Pro version online or can I simply purchase a new English Home which will remove the Chinese version without being blocked by the firmware?

:)

ChrisSpi, Nov 7, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 7, 2019
  4. Windows 10 China

Cannot Download China Map for Windows Maps

I have a Lumia 950 XL with latest generally available Windows 10 Mobile. I have downloaded and updated a number of offline maps for the Microsoft / Windows 10 Offline Maps app, but when I try and download a China map (Beijing & Guangdong Provinces), China
    does not appear in the Asia list (or any other list).

I did have these installed until recently (some problems with updating the maps) but now they are the only ones I can't find to download.

Have the China maps been withdrawn or is there some other problem and if so, can anyone offer a suggestion on how to find the China maps?

Thanks a lot for any help you can provide.

D-Ralph-HK, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 China

1. Windows 10 China - Similar Threads - China

2. i just left from china and my laptop seems to still have effects of china's firewall, how...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i just left from china and my laptop seems to still have effects of china's firewall, how...: im just wondering if the golden shield project affects computer or if it is just firewall, and why my laptop still has its effects even though im not in china anymore...
  3. i just left from china and my laptop seems to still have effects of china's firewall, how...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i just left from china and my laptop seems to still have effects of china's firewall, how...: im just wondering if the golden shield project affects computer or if it is just firewall, and why my laptop still has its effects even though im not in china anymore...
  4. Windows 10 can't activate or upgrade - China

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 can't activate or upgrade - China: I bought my current PC about 6 months ago in China where I live and work. Up until a week ago, it was activated and everything was fine. About a week ago, I started seeing the activate windows watermark in the bottom right. In the activation screen, it displays the Product ID...
  5. Windows 10 can't activate or upgrade - China

Windows 10 can't activate or upgrade - China: I bought my current PC about 6 months ago in China where I live and work. Up until a week ago, it was activated and everything was fine. About a week ago, I started seeing the activate windows watermark in the bottom right. In the activation screen, it displays the Product ID...
  6. Windows 10 can't activate or upgrade - China

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Is it legal to use China OEM Windows PRO outside of Mainland China?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it legal to use China OEM Windows PRO outside of Mainland China?: Is it legal to use China OEM Windows PRO outside of Mainland China, for example, Macau and Hong Kong?If not, is that possible to pay up to acquire the license at a reasonable cost?...
  8. Is it legal to use China OEM Windows PRO outside of Mainland China?

Is it legal to use China OEM Windows PRO outside of Mainland China?: Is it legal to use China OEM Windows PRO outside of Mainland China, for example, Macau and Hong Kong?If not, is that possible to pay up to acquire the license at a reasonable cost?...
  9. I have bought a laptop in China the windows is in English, please help me to install new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have bought a laptop in China the windows is in English, please help me to install new...: Please help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-bought-a-laptop-in-china-the-windows-is-in/bd652dde-2069-4d6a-bea4-7d95ab5e9e10
  10. I have bought a laptop in China the windows is in English, please help me to install new...

I have bought a laptop in China the windows is in English, please help me to install new...: Please help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-bought-a-laptop-in-china-the-windows-is-in/bd652dde-2069-4d6a-bea4-7d95ab5e9e10