Windows 10: Windows 10 Chinese Display issue (some characters are displayed in Bold) after August 2019...

Discus and support Windows 10 Chinese Display issue (some characters are displayed in Bold) after August 2019... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 Chinese Display issue: some characters are displayed in Bold The problem started yesterday, after I installed the series of August 2019... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sz-insider, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Chinese Display issue (some characters are displayed in Bold) after August 2019...

Windows 10 Chinese Display issue: some characters are displayed in Bold

The problem started yesterday, after I installed the series of August 2019 Monthly update KB4512508 and its following update packages.

Running Environment: Surface Pro 6, Windows 10 Home, English as the default language, display language, etc. The complete Chinese Language package latest version is installed as well.

See the below picture, some characters are displayed weird. Look like been displayed in bold.

This was an issue when Windows 10 was initially release, later, with some updates, the issue was somehow disappeared. But after yesterday's update, it comes back.

Please help advise how to fix it.

Thank you!

Windows 10 Chinese Display issue (some characters are displayed in Bold) after August 2019... 02d08c79-f270-4391-b8ea-0752bb08d6bb?upload=true.png

:)

sz-insider, Aug 15, 2019
  2. limebear Win User

Chinese character display

I would like to properly display received chinese characters in text messages, instead of as squares, preferably on my 9500, but I would buy a new handset that could support this. Is there ANY handset available in Europe that can display chinese? Secondly
    can the requisite language support be downloaded for any handset? Thanks

limebear, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Kun-Zhou Win User
    Chinese characters not displaying correctly on Windows 10 with Display language selected as English.

Chinese characters are not displayed correctly on my Windows 10 (with Display language selected as English). For example, in the picture below:

Windows 10 Chinese Display issue (some characters are displayed in Bold) after August 2019... 4598d6cb-994c-4099-8bf9-c9f2056d317c.png

The forth character is not displayed right, it is slightly above the baseline of other characters. I have downloaded the Chinese language pack and I use Win10 Pro. Is there a way to fix this issue? I recall I never had such problems on Win7.

Kun-Zhou, Aug 15, 2019
  4. eamo---01 Win User

Windows 10 Chinese Display issue (some characters are displayed in Bold) after August 2019...

Displaying Chinese Characters on 6280

Hi

Im looking for help on how to install a Chinese character set on the Nokia 6280. I have two mms messages which are written in Chinese. When I view them on the phone the Chinese characters are displayed as blocks because the character set is not installed.

I would be very grateful for any help.

Thanks

Eamo

eamo---01, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Chinese Display issue (some characters are displayed in Bold) after August 2019...

1. Windows 10 Chinese Display issue (some characters are displayed in Bold) after August 2019... - Similar Threads - Chinese Display issue

2. unable to display Chinese character in the program on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to display Chinese character in the program on Windows 11: Hi,I live in Australia and bought a new laptop with windows 11. When I installed a Chinese program, which I use longtime in Windows10, but the character shows either ??? or Japanese character.I already followed the instruction I found in this community, changed the language...
  3. unable to display Chinese character in the program on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to display Chinese character in the program on Windows 11: Hi,I live in Australia and bought a new laptop with windows 11. When I installed a Chinese program, which I use longtime in Windows10, but the character shows either ??? or Japanese character.I already followed the instruction I found in this community, changed the language...
  4. Button icons in apps are displayed as a Chinese character

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Button icons in apps are displayed as a Chinese character: I have recently upgraded my win10 from 1909 to 22H2, and installed apps like PowerToys and Apple Music, in which some button icons are displayed as a Chinese character. I assume this is a system issue and has to do with missing fonts or certain icons?Thanks....
  5. Button icons in apps are displayed as a Chinese character

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Button icons in apps are displayed as a Chinese character: I have recently upgraded my win10 from 1909 to 22H2, and installed apps like PowerToys and Apple Music, in which some button icons are displayed as a Chinese character. I assume this is a system issue and has to do with missing fonts or certain icons?Thanks....
  6. Window 10 can't display chinese character

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 10 can't display chinese character: Hi, I have a question that the chinese character does not display correctly in command prompt but it looks fine in window explorer. This cause my program didn't run correctly. below is the exhibit Thanks in advance! Billy [ATTACH]...
  7. How to display Chinese characters

in Windows 10 Support
    How to display Chinese characters: Found some nice pix of those finger mountains in Zhangjiajie, China, and (since also slowly learning Chinese) would like to _include_ Chinese characters in their file titles, _without_ changing my default UK English input/display language. The Chinese characters display fine,...
  8. Installed Language Pack for Chinese but still cant display some chinese characters

Installed Language Pack for Chinese but still cant display some chinese characters: Hi, I have installed the language pack for chinese character but somehow some of the chinese char are still not displaying. Even change the system locale to china but to no avail. [ATTACH]...
  9. Chinese characters not displaying correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chinese characters not displaying correctly: We just got a new computer with a fresh Windows 10 installed. When trying to install games from Chinese suppliers, we get the following image: [ATTACH] At first I thought it was a unicode issue but that doesn't seem to be it. Most searches bring me to this link:...
  10. Chinese characters not displaying correctly

Chinese characters not displaying correctly: We just got a new computer with a fresh Windows 10 installed. When trying to install games from Chinese suppliers, we get the following image: [ATTACH] At first I thought it was a unicode issue but that doesn't seem to be it. Most searches bring me to this link:...