Windows 10: Windows 10 - Choose default apps by protocol sucks

Discus and support Windows 10 - Choose default apps by protocol sucks in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Sorry, but I'm here to complain. I downloaded a certain application which associated a protocol to it. Then I changed the location of the application,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DaviV1, May 17, 2021.

1. DaviV1 Win User

Windows 10 - Choose default apps by protocol sucks

Sorry, but I'm here to complain. I downloaded a certain application which associated a protocol to it. Then I changed the location of the application, and now I'm trying to manually change or delete the old entry to point to the new location of the executable. The new Windows 10 UI Choose default apps by protocol sucks. No search feature, no delete feature, no edit feature, no nothing. And the old control panel now forwards you to the new sucky, featureless UI. All you can do in the new UI is change to open with an application from the Windows Store, which is nonsense. The bes

:)

DaviV1, May 17, 2021

2. Default Apps and Office 365 in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

You can set defaults by program/app by clicking Set defaults by app. This will open the Set Default Programs Control Panel window.

Choose a program and click set this program as default to set the program as the default program for all file types and protocols it's capable of opening, or click Choose defaults for this program to pick individual file types and protocols from a list.

Or you can refer to the below link and check if it helps. (Also applies to Windows 10)

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 17, 2021
  3. Cannot set "Calendar" as default app

Hi J.C.Coelho,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 Technical Preview is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check whether you are able to make the Calendar as default.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Select Default apps from the left pane.
    • Click on Choose default app by protocol at the bottom.
    • Select the Calendar and choose an app.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, May 17, 2021
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Choosing Default Apps & Insider Programme

To resolve your concern, kindly choose the default apps by file type. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Choose System.
    • Select Default apps.
    • Click Choose default apps by file type.
    • Check all of the video file type, and then check if you can change the default app to your preferred application.
    After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result

Argel Obm, May 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Choose default apps by protocol sucks - Similar Threads - Choose default apps

2. Choose default apps by protocol in registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Choose default apps by protocol in registry: HelloI would like to change the default apps by protocol in the registry.These are following protocols that need to be changed in registry- SIP- SIPS- TELWhere are they in the registryRegardsJuan...
  3. Choose default apps by protocol in registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Choose default apps by protocol in registry: HelloI would like to change the default apps by protocol in the registry.These are following protocols that need to be changed in registry- SIP- SIPS- TELWhere are they in the registryRegardsJuan...
  4. Choose default apps by protocol in registry

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. FTP protocol default app

FTP protocol default app: I can type an FTP address in to the address bar on File Explorer, log in and use the service. What I want is to set it as default, so when I click an FTP link File Explorer opens it. If I try to set the default app in Windows I am only offered browsers, none of which work. I...
  6. FTP protocol default app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FTP protocol default app: I can type an FTP address in to the address bar on File Explorer, log in and use the service. What I want is to set it as default, so when I click an FTP link File Explorer opens it. If I try to set the default app in Windows I am only offered browsers, none of which work. I...
  7. Tel protocol default app can't choose Skype

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tel protocol default app can't choose Skype: So, I have an Excel document that I use to click on phone numbers using the Tel protocol and open skype to call them. but recently when I click on it, Windows tells me to choose a default app. The only options are Chrome, People, Your Phone, and Look for an app on the...
  8. Can't choose default app for protocol from PC

Can't choose default app for protocol from PC: Hi, I try to set utorrent as default app for magnet links. "Settings" though offers the current default, Torch, or to buy from the app store only, no option to choose from PC (screenshot 1) utorrent is fully capable of handling magnet; it is installed on my laptop and set...
  9. Can't choose default app for protocol from PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't choose default app for protocol from PC: Hi, I try to set utorrent as default app for magnet links. "Settings" though offers the current default, Torch, or to buy from the app store only, no option to choose from PC (screenshot 1) utorrent is fully capable of handling magnet; it is installed on my laptop and set...
  10. Choose Default Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Choose Default Apps in Windows 10: How to: Choose Default Apps in Windows 10 How to Choose Default Apps to Open Files with in Windows 10 A default app is the program that Windows uses automatically when you open a particular file type or protocol. The default app you choose will only apply to your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. default apps by protocol editor windows