Windows 10: Windows 10 Chronic Crashing and Lag Issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Chronic Crashing and Lag Issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, in the last few days to a week I've noticed in the last few recent updates a particular program called Desktop Window Manager eventually eats up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KatRicci, May 8, 2021.

1. KatRicci Win User

Windows 10 Chronic Crashing and Lag Issues

So, in the last few days to a week I've noticed in the last few recent updates a particular program called Desktop Window Manager eventually eats up all my memory out of nowhere. It takes 30 minutes for it to calm down. It slows my entire PC down and I've experienced 2 crashes basically where I had to hard restart. I did uninstall an update called KB5001330. I had a friend tell me that uninstalling that update would help and it did for a little now it's twice as bad if not well worse. I do have a DxDiag that I got while tying this up. I just don't know how to attach to this post. I never

:)

KatRicci, May 8, 2021
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, May 8, 2021
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 8, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Chronic Crashing and Lag Issues - Similar Threads - Chronic Crashing Lag

2. Windows 10 Lag issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Lag issue: Hello! I'm Gihan. And I'm experiencing Alot Of lag On My Windows 10 Laptop Recently,It was working Just fine.But I Actually Don't Know What Happened!I Cleaned 15GB From My C: Download File! and Ran an Anti-Virus but Still None of Them Worked!I Also Tried this in The Command...
  3. Windows 10 Lag issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Lag issue: Hello! I'm Gihan. And I'm experiencing Alot Of lag On My Windows 10 Laptop Recently,It was working Just fine.But I Actually Don't Know What Happened!I Cleaned 15GB From My C: Download File! and Ran an Anti-Virus but Still None of Them Worked!I Also Tried this in The Command...
  4. Windows 10 Lag issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. windows 10 home chronic disappointment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 home chronic disappointment: SO every day for the past year or so ive had trouble running programs on my pc. All the hardware components are fairly high end and i have a constant 180 mbs internet speed, this leads me to believe that the software is the problem. About 6 Microsoft employees have confirmed...
  6. lagging issue Window 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lagging issue Window 10: I have multiple system in my firm with preinstall Window 10 Pro,from last 3 weeks i am facing lagging issue in my window 10 Pro (Version 1803 (Build 17134.829). most of the time windows got Hanged & i am not able to do anything ,so i hard reboot my system every time when i...
  7. Chronic freezing in Windows 10

Chronic freezing in Windows 10: I am running Windows 10 64bit on Lenovo ideapad. Over the last few months it has started randomly freezing, if it happens while watching video it emits a loud buzzing noise and is unresponsive forcing me to manually shut down and restart it. There seems to be no rhyme or...
  8. Lagging issues in Windows 10

Lagging issues in Windows 10: My sister was using this laptop for a while when her dad bought it from work. Now, she let me have it because she doesn't need it that much. The laptop is decent, as far as performance goes, but the only problem with it is that Windows stutters every 1-5 seconds most of the...
  9. Windows 10 chronic memory read issues

Windows 10 chronic memory read issues: I've been having some memory problems for a while. A lot of programs have been crashing with errors such as "memory at address 0x00000020 cannot be read" and I've been getting various BSODS that I assume have been caused by the same issue. I've tried replacing memory...
  10. Win 10 Update (chronic problem)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Update (chronic problem): Anyone encountered or solved this constant update error??? Hewlett-Packard - Other hardware, Printer - Null Print - HP Officejet Pro 8620 - Error 0x80070490 61816