Windows 10: Windows 10 Cipher Command

Discus and support Windows 10 Cipher Command in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is running cipher /w:C: completely safe and wipes deleted files? Is there a risk on running this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sijae, Dec 14, 2020.

1. sijae Win User

Windows 10 Cipher Command

Is running cipher /w:C: completely safe and wipes deleted files? Is there a risk on running this?

:)

sijae, Dec 14, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Windows 10 Cipher Command :)

3. ryanly Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Cipher Command - Similar Threads - Cipher Command

2. How do we enable Kyber cipher suites via gpo for the ssl registry keys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do we enable Kyber cipher suites via gpo for the ssl registry keys?: I've been attempting to enable Kyber ciphers via the registry key Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\CipherSuitesBut I can't find a format to follow anywhere; I know it runs off TLS1.2, and 1.3, which we have enabled. I'd...
  3. How do we enable Kyber cipher suites via gpo for the ssl registry keys?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do we enable Kyber cipher suites via gpo for the ssl registry keys?: I've been attempting to enable Kyber ciphers via the registry key Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\CipherSuitesBut I can't find a format to follow anywhere; I know it runs off TLS1.2, and 1.3, which we have enabled. I'd...
  4. AADSTS1002016, You are using TLS version 1.0, 1.1 and/or 3DES cipher

in Windows 10 News
    AADSTS1002016, You are using TLS version 1.0, 1.1 and/or 3DES cipher: [IMG]In this article, we will see some solutions to fix the error AADSTS1002016, You are using TLS version 1.0, 1.1 and/or 3DES cipher. This error is related to the Microsoft Azure AD. However, some users also experienced this error on their Windows 11/10 computers while...
  5. Error on Cipher Command

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error on Cipher Command: Hi, there!I made a few attempts to encrypt a folder, but the command keeps on returning the same error message: "...The request is not supported".The folder I want to encrypt is located in a USB drive. Here's the command I've entered: cipher /e D:/TestThe entire path reads:...
  6. Error on Cipher Command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error on Cipher Command: Hi, there!I made a few attempts to encrypt a folder, but the command keeps on returning the same error message: "...The request is not supported".The folder I want to encrypt is located in a USB drive. Here's the command I've entered: cipher /e D:/TestThe entire path reads:...
  7. Error on Cipher Command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Cipher command on cmd not working

Cipher command on cmd not working: [ATTACH] When I try to use the cipher command on cmd, this happens. Can anyone help? I am using windows 10 home edition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cipher-command-on-cmd-not-working/284fa5fd-7158-4303-a9e0-394f7a00fed8
  9. "The request is not supported" error on cipher command

"The request is not supported" error on cipher command: Hi, i just want to secure my personal file on my PC using cipher command on cmd. Here i input the command: C:\Windows\system32>cd C:\Users\User\Desktop\Yada C:\Users\User\Desktop\Yada>cipher /e What i expect: Encrypting files in C:\Users\User\Desktop\Yada\...
  10. How to Use Cipher Command to Overwrite Deleted Data in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to Use Cipher Command to Overwrite Deleted Data in Windows: How to: How to Use Cipher Command to Overwrite Deleted Data in Windows The Cipher.exe command-line tool can be use to encrypt and decrypt data on drives that use the NTFS file system and to view the encryption status of files and folders from a Command Prompt. Cipher.exe...