Windows 10: Windows 10 claims microsoft account this one password is incorrect, but recover password...

Discus and support Windows 10 claims microsoft account this one password is incorrect, but recover password... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My windows login which is linked to a Microsoft account this account that I am logged into now, or at least, an account with the same email address is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by z, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Z
    z Win User

Windows 10 claims microsoft account this one password is incorrect, but recover password...

My windows login which is linked to a Microsoft account this account that I am logged into now, or at least, an account with the same email address is reporting that the account is not recognised.

I use a PIN normally to log in to windows, but this time the PIN did not work. So I tried to log in using a password, but the password I believe is set on this account the same one I used to log in here did not work. Tried a couple of variants that I may have changed it to and forgotten, none worked.

So I try the forgot password option, but the next screen, shows the expected email address same email as this account I am using to write this but says it's not recognised.

I eventually managed to log in with my PIN, I assume I got the pin wrong first time around.

If I now go to Manage Your Account -> Your Info it says I need to update my info, click that it asks for password but the password not recognised. Recover password then says account not recognised.

I have since created a local account and made it administrator as a backup.

What is going on, and how do I fix it?

:)

2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Feb 9, 2021
  3. Forgot Windows 10 password...

If it's a Microsoft account, you should be able to change the password via another computer at live.com and the password should also change to match on the computer (obviously make sure it has internet access first). The password is verified online during login.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 9, 2021
  4. Windows 10 claims microsoft account this one password is incorrect, but recover password...

Microsoft Account Password Incorrect!

Thanks for your reply.

Like I said in the post before, I did not set up two-step verification. After the hard reset, when the account did not sync due to 'incorrect password', I tried to set it up and then accessed the MS Account with the app password but it still declared the
    password incorrect. I immediately turned off two-step.

Need help,

Sucharita.

Sucharita De, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 claims microsoft account this one password is incorrect, but recover password...

1. Windows 10 claims microsoft account this one password is incorrect, but recover password... - Similar Threads - claims microsoft account

2. recover Windows password and account password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recover Windows password and account password.: My brother-in-law recently passed leaving behind a wife that knows nothing about family finances, etc. I have tried the recovery process twice but do not have enough accurate information she left everything entirely to him and knows nothing to verify. We currently can't...
  3. recover Windows password and account password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recover Windows password and account password.: My brother-in-law recently passed leaving behind a wife that knows nothing about family finances, etc. I have tried the recovery process twice but do not have enough accurate information she left everything entirely to him and knows nothing to verify. We currently can't...
  4. Microsoft Account login password incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account login password incorrect: I am setting up a laptop i got for christmas, and I am setting up my user account I'm the only account on the laptop. But when i try to configure my settings I get the message - 'Next time you sign in to this computer, use your Microsoft account password'When I enter the...
  5. Microsoft Account login password incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account login password incorrect: I am setting up a laptop i got for christmas, and I am setting up my user account I'm the only account on the laptop. But when i try to configure my settings I get the message - 'Next time you sign in to this computer, use your Microsoft account password'When I enter the...
  6. Incorrect Password Using a Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Incorrect Password Using a Microsoft Account: I use a Microsoft account for my WIndows 10. I have confirmed that my password is correct by logging in to by Microsoft account online. However, when I wish to change my password locally, Windows still tell me that my password is incorrect. Seems like my local password is...
  7. Uable to recover Microsoft account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Uable to recover Microsoft account password: Hi, I have a windows 10 PC which I stupidly setup with one account when new. I have now setup child accounts but as no one seems to recall the "main" account password I created a new administrator account. This is all working fine. However, I wanted to add the old admin...
  8. Recovering Microsoft account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Recovering Microsoft account password: Hi everyone, I just yesterday created a microsoft account and i am unable to remember it's password and now i cannot sign in. I try to recover using the recovery method on microsoft however i am unable to fill out all the information that is need for them to send a code like...
  9. Microsoft claims my account password is incorrect when it isn't!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft claims my account password is incorrect when it isn't!: Yesterday's download of the latest Windows 10 feature update has screwed my desktop and I now cannot load Windows on my desktop this message coming from my laptop. On the start-up screen, several options are presented for troubleshooting the problem e.g. Restore but all ask...
  10. password to Recover is incorrect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    password to Recover is incorrect: I am am trying to recover my PC because since my last update my computer boots to Windows but before everything loads I get a message which says that my PC will automatically restart in one minute. I do not have time to do anything when Windows is booted. I am trying to...