Windows 10: Windows 10 Clarification

Discus and support Windows 10 Clarification in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi , Could someone just help me i`m i bit confused 1...I have got the upgrade icon and have done whats needed to up from 7 to 10 ,will i get (or be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by eagle33, Jun 19, 2015.

1. eagle33 Win User

Windows 10 Clarification

Hi ,
    Could someone just help me i`m i bit confused
    1...I have got the upgrade icon and have done whats needed to up from 7 to 10 ,will i get (or be able to download) a hard copy of my OS for future use

2... I have also got build 10130 on my desktop will that upgraded to a full version and will i get a hard copy or will the TP`s just cease eventually

i just wondered if microsoft send out disks or do you download the iso

Hope my questions make sense

Cheers Tony*Biggrin

:)

eagle33, Jun 19, 2015
  2. janagj Win User

clarification....

Will there always be some dead pixels in amoled display????

janagj, Jun 19, 2015
  3. clarification

The N95 8GB has 4 main memories (plus some more internal memories to the CPU that are not part of the file system)

1) RAM this is used to run programs and processes and cache temporary files. (I don't have the number of free RAM after boot but total RAM is 128 MB)

2) Phone Memory: this is the area for installing programs, saving user data files and caching internet contents and other more permanent data. This is about 135 MB.

3) ROM; This is the part that has the Firmware and cannot be modified by the user, only NSU can touch this part. This is something like 120 MB

4) Mass Memory (or memory card in other phones), this is "like" the phone memory but it's mainly to be used to store the pictures, videos, music and other data files. Programs could also be installed here. This is 8GB.

el_loco---01, Jun 19, 2015
  4. eagle Win User

Windows 10 Clarification

Burn your Windows 7 recovery media for future use.
    Then see brinks post here - Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds

In that post it explains that you will update to Windows 10 then the ISO download will be made available to do a clean install of Windows 10 later.

eagle, Jun 19, 2015
  5. eagle33 Win User
    Thanks for that *Biggrin

eagle33, Jun 19, 2015
  6. A long time ago, I put the answer to most "what will I do, If....." in my signature line.

"Backup! Backup! Backup!"

If you don't have a good backup program, on a bootable media, such as a CD or Flash Drive, then you should get one ASAP!!!
    Free backup programs are readily available.

Always do a backup of at least your C: drive, before you do anything with your OS, like an upgrade to a newer OS.
    Even a monthly MS Update can mess up your OS, so having a backup can save the day for you.

The backup program must NOT be on your C: drive and your Backup Image file should not be stored on your main HD either.*
    * Just in case your main HD goes up in smoke.
    Thousands of posts and millions of words have been devoted to just this topic.

In anticipation of the Windows 10 upgrade, I've cloned my entire Main HD to a second 1TB backup drive.
    I'll refresh that Clone, before I allow the Upgrade to install.
    In addition, I can do a daily update of all my data files, to two USB drives, from a Data Backup batch file on my desktop.

Old Quote, "the only bad backup is the one you decided you didn't need to make."

Cheers mate!
    *Cool

TechnoMage, Jun 19, 2015
  7. Gary Win User
    I backup both Windows 7 and 10 at least once a week to a separate HD. This has save me many times.

8. rmonroe36 Win User

Windows 10 Clarification

I like that "Old Quote". Another (cannot remember where I got it):

Rules For Backup
    1. If it's important back it up.
    2. If it's very, very important back it up twice.
    3. If it's very, very, very important back it up three times - the third copy goes off-premises.

Rich

rmonroe36, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Clarification

1. Windows 10 Clarification - Similar Threads - Clarification

2. Clarification on the nFlags Parameter Default Value for PrintWindow Function

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clarification on the nFlags Parameter Default Value for PrintWindow Function: Hello Community, I am currently working with the `PrintWindow` function for a Windows desktop application test and I came across a question regarding the `nFlags` parameter. I understand that this parameter can be used with the `PW_CLIENTONLY` flag to capture only the client...
  3. Clarification on the nFlags Parameter Default Value for PrintWindow Function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clarification on the nFlags Parameter Default Value for PrintWindow Function: Hello Community, I am currently working with the `PrintWindow` function for a Windows desktop application test and I came across a question regarding the `nFlags` parameter. I understand that this parameter can be used with the `PW_CLIENTONLY` flag to capture only the client...
  4. Clarification on the nFlags Parameter Default Value for PrintWindow Function

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I need clarification on an invoice i received and i cannot access from my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need clarification on an invoice i received and i cannot access from my account: An amount of €46.24 was taken from my credit card on 14/07/2023, the invoice no. associated with this payment is G025753192.Please confirm what this is for?RegardsDAVID DUNNE...
  6. I need clarification on an invoice i received and i cannot access from my account

I need clarification on an invoice i received and i cannot access from my account: An amount of €46.24 was taken from my credit card on 14/07/2023, the invoice no. associated with this payment is G025753192.Please confirm what this is for?RegardsDAVID DUNNE...
  7. Windows 11 pro OEM clarification...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pro OEM clarification...: Hi there,I wish to know why there is OEM versions of windows in the market for regular person to buy?And how to know for which manufacturer was this version inteded to? Or OEM just means that you can only install it on one computer and it will be bind to it...?...
  8. Windows 11 pro OEM clarification...

Windows 11 pro OEM clarification...: Hi there,I wish to know why there is OEM versions of windows in the market for regular person to buy?And how to know for which manufacturer was this version inteded to? Or OEM just means that you can only install it on one computer and it will be bind to it...?...
  9. OneDrive phone app uninstall/reinstall clarification question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive phone app uninstall/reinstall clarification question: First I apologize for this not being in the right thread. But I’m not sure where it should actually be located since it’s a Microsoft app. I use a phone not a PC with my OneDrive app. I accidentally deleted my OneDrive, can I reinstall and still have all my files since it’s...
  10. OneDrive phone app uninstall/reinstall clarification question

OneDrive phone app uninstall/reinstall clarification question: First I apologize for this not being in the right thread. But I’m not sure where it should actually be located since it’s a Microsoft app. I use a phone not a PC with my OneDrive app. I accidentally deleted my OneDrive, can I reinstall and still have all my files since it’s...