Windows 10: Windows 10 Classic Shell

Discus and support Windows 10 Classic Shell in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Having recently upgraded from 7 Pro to 10 - I really missed the 7 Start menu! Downloaded the Classic Shell add-on program only 9.8mb. Suits me!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnDerrickM, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Classic Shell

Having recently upgraded from 7 Pro to 10 - I really missed the 7 Start menu! Downloaded the Classic Shell add-on program only 9.8mb. Suits me!

:)

JohnDerrickM, Jan 3, 2020

2. uninstalling Classic Shell

I upgraded to Windows 10 when it was first available at the end of June 2016. After a couple of months I decided to install Classic Shell. I have been trying recently to uninstall Classic Shell multiple times since but I still get the screen like Windows
    7. I have tried to install Classic Shell and then uninstall it with no luck. Do you have any suggestions on how I can get my PC back to Windows 10? Thanks for your help.

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

Mikeb55024, Jan 3, 2020
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Classic Shell

One of my user accounts also uses Classic Shell, and it's never been uninstalled by a Windows 10 update. Install it again from the Classic Shell website.

BulldogXX, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Classic Shell

I don't want Classic Shell on my hard-drive.

Hi Nickolas,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

Classic Shell is a freeware, formerly open-source software[4][6] for Microsoft Windows that restores several usability-oriented Windows user interface (shell) features, File Explorer features and Internet Explorer features which have been removed by
    Microsoft.

To uninstall Classic Shell, follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X keys, and select Control Panel.

• Look for the Programs and Features.

• Click on the Programs and Features option to open it on a new window.

• Right-click on Classic Shell and choose
      Uninstall option.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Classic Shell

1. Windows 10 Classic Shell - Similar Threads - Classic Shell

2. Please help me return my start menu and ability to search in file explorer! Classic Shell...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help me return my start menu and ability to search in file explorer! Classic Shell...: I am on windows 11 and I Installed a program called classic shell that is made to replace the current taskbar because I wanted to hide the clock from the taskbar, and this is not currently possible in windows 11. This program was alright, but I can't use windows clipboard...
  3. Please help me return my start menu and ability to search in file explorer! Classic Shell...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help me return my start menu and ability to search in file explorer! Classic Shell...: I am on windows 11 and I Installed a program called classic shell that is made to replace the current taskbar because I wanted to hide the clock from the taskbar, and this is not currently possible in windows 11. This program was alright, but I can't use windows clipboard...
  4. Classic shell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Classic shell: Sorry if this has already been answered. I just got a Windows update, and now I lost my classic shell, and I really need it. I guess the update got rid of it. When I click on the start button, it just flashes. I have a new laptop and use Edge. Any help would be appreciated....
  5. Classic shell

in Windows 10 Support
    Classic shell: Sorry if this has already been answered. I just got a Windows update, and now I lost my classic shell, and I really need it. I guess the update got rid of it. When I click on the start button, it just flashes. I have a new laptop and use Edge. Any help would be appreciated....
  6. Latest Win 10 version does not accept classic shell!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest Win 10 version does not accept classic shell!: I would like to know why the latest starting 3 of april 2021 Win 10 version does not accept the classic shell??? Every time I shut down my computer and then the day after starts it up again, the Classic shell is replaced with the bad working Win 10 menu. So, every day I...
  7. Classic Shell How2 NOT Override Win10 Menu? Keep Fun Image Start/Tasks

Classic Shell How2 NOT Override Win10 Menu? Keep Fun Image Start/Tasks: Heya! I love this nifty imagery Classic Shell gave to start button and task bar. However... I want the normal Windows 10 menu back without having to click the "Start Menu (Windows)" button. Am I missing something in the setting where you can turn off the Classic Shell menu? I...
  8. classic shell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    classic shell: what is the purpose of classic shell ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/classic-shell/65de2760-eb0a-4c92-9b25-76aadb23625d
  9. Classic Shell Start Menu not Working

Classic Shell Start Menu not Working: So about an hour ago I was searching up "how to make windows 10 feel more like windows 7" and one of the guides told me to create a shortcut with the classic personalization window. When I opened it, I proceeded to click the "synchronized theme" which changed my desktop...
  10. How to configure Classic Shell to match Win10 search results?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to configure Classic Shell to match Win10 search results?: For example in Win 10 search I can type GTAV but in classic shell I have to type Grand Theft for it to show up. Why? Thank you submitted by /u/petertree [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jqj6ro/how_to_configure_classic_shell_to_match_win10/