Windows 10: Windows 10 clean install boot loop

Discus and support Windows 10 clean install boot loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was recently gifted a friend's old gaming pc about 2 years old and was asked to do a clean install of windows to remove their information, so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SoaringMoose, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Windows 10 clean install boot loop

I was recently gifted a friend's old gaming pc about 2 years old and was asked to do a clean install of windows to remove their information, so I bought a windows 10 home USB from best buy what the geeks said I needed. While doing the install it failed at about 25%.Now when I try to boot the pc it gives me a cannot boot error 0xc0000225 and will not let me into anything, no safemode cmd or anything all I can do is get into the bios. When I try to redo the install it let's me choose between windows 32 or 64 then loads the windows logo for about three seconds and reboots the pc. I have tried

:)

SoaringMoose, Aug 6, 2021

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Aug 6, 2021
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Aug 6, 2021
  4. RejZoR Win User

Windows 10 clean install boot loop

Windows 10 stuck in installation loop on tablet

Ok, I was THIS close for throwing this god damn tablet outside on the concrete... I have ACER Iconia W4 820 tablet and yesterday it decided it will refuse to boot (the Windows 10 magic). It just displayed boot screen with those dots running around forever. Literally. I left it over night and you guessed it, in the morning it was still doing it. So, I forced reset it and it brought up the repair dialog where I've opted for Reset and deleted all my data clean.

All nice and well, it installed and when I get the screen "Hi there" where I pick my languages and time zone, click next and select bunch of privacy settings and complete that, it restarts and goes back to god damn language and timezone selection screen, every single bloody time. I've completed it like 10 times and it just loops like a total retard. Wanted to re-install windows clean from USB, wouldn't even boot, tried recovering original OS (Win8.1), it just skips it and loops the same language/timezone menu and the backup USB that I've made on day 1 is just plain ignored. I now have a tablet that has less functionality than a kitchen cutting board. What the fuck Microsoft, are you kidding me? And no, I don't have any intention to pay ACER to fix this shit Microsoft created. Damn it.

I've googled tons of "fix guides" and they all seem to mention that rather recent stupid update that caused boot looping, but my case seems to be slightly different because it's installation looping. I only got 1 result that mentioned installation and deletion of some keys via regedit, but it didn't fix anything. So, any other ideas?

RejZoR, Aug 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 clean install boot loop

1. Windows 10 clean install boot loop - Similar Threads - clean install boot

2. Windows 10 clean installation USB boot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 clean installation USB boot loop: Recently I’ve been trying to reinstall windows 10 on my new hard drive, and all of my old files are backed up elsewhere. However, whenever I try to boot from the USB containing the installation media, the windows logo appears only for a brief second before a command...
  3. Windows 10 clean installation USB boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 clean installation USB boot loop: Recently I’ve been trying to reinstall windows 10 on my new hard drive, and all of my old files are backed up elsewhere. However, whenever I try to boot from the USB containing the installation media, the windows logo appears only for a brief second before a command...
  4. Windows 10 clean installation USB boot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Install a clean version of Windows 10 after boot loop failure

Install a clean version of Windows 10 after boot loop failure: My mother has an Asus Transformer Book Flip TP500L that is in my hands now to repair it. With the last Windows 10 update not sure which version something broke completly. It got stuck on a automatic diagnostic and repair loop which of course failed everytime. I tried every...
  6. Windows 10 Clean Installation Stuck in Boot Loop

Windows 10 Clean Installation Stuck in Boot Loop: The hard drive on my HP Pavilion laptop went out not too long ago and recently I decided to attempt replacing it myself. I purchased a new hard drive with no operating system installed and borrowed a friend’s computer in order to download a Microsoft image onto a USB and boot...
  7. Windows 10 Clean Installation Stuck in Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Clean Installation Stuck in Boot Loop: The hard drive on my HP Pavilion laptop went out not too long ago and recently I decided to attempt replacing it myself. I purchased a new hard drive with no operating system installed and borrowed a friend’s computer in order to download a Microsoft image onto a USB and boot...
  8. windows 10 clean installation loop

windows 10 clean installation loop: I have been trying to install windows 10 on my hp laptop and it keeps looping from "hi there let's get a few things out of the way". i tried booting from usb to bypass it but seems not be to working. in all my laptop is stuck here[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. Clean Windows 10 Install Loop

Clean Windows 10 Install Loop: Hey, I'm installing Windows 10 onto new new SSD, the setup will say its needs to restart, then it restarts and doesn't continue the install and then restarts the whole install? Any idea? Thanks *Smile 10346
  10. Clean Installation of Windows 10 in a Loop

Clean Installation of Windows 10 in a Loop: I have sought guidance from relevant Windows 10 Tutorials and have met a problem. I have fitted an SSD to my Medion Akoya 5024D (MD7659) which now is four years old. The computer originally ran Windows 7 and I upgraded, first to Windows 8, secondly to Windows 8.1 and thirdly...