Windows 10: Windows 10 Clean Install Crashing

Discus and support Windows 10 Clean Install Crashing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Issue: So I've just completed a custom computer rebuild and I booted my computer to make sure everything was fine. I ended up running updates just to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShriekinCMDR, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Clean Install Crashing

Issue:

So I've just completed a custom computer rebuild and I booted my computer to make sure everything was fine. I ended up running updates just to protect the computer, but after a few updates the computer just shut down and rebooted. I thought it was normal since there was a motherboard, GPU, and RAM change, so I just went ahead and reinstalled Windows also bought Windows 10 Pro key from the MS Store, since mine was ancient and wouldn't work anymore. I got through the install and setup Windows 10 and it was running for a while. I started updates again, and after a few moments the computer shut down again. When it rebooted this time it didn't even make it past the Windows initialization the spinning dots. I let it fail to Automatic Repair and booted to safe mode, the computer was able to get into safe mode fine and is stable there about 80% of the time.

TLWindows 10 Clean Install Crashing :DR - Computer isn't stable in a Normal Windows environment, but is usually stable in Safe Mode.

Troubleshooting:

- I've reinstalled Windows multiple times

- tried a DISM repair from a shared Windows folder from the computer I'm on right now

- Ran checkdisk and sfc chkdsk found errors and attempted a repair but didn't get back into Windows cleanly, sfc showed no issues

- adjusted CSM support from Legacy only to UEFI First in the UEFI for the motherboard this makes an initial Windows 10 install more stable, but it still crashes

- Tested different RAM and GPUs even though everything has been working fine in other computers

- Installed WIndows 10 to a different drive NVMe to SATA 2.5" SSD

- System is currently running Fedora 31 installed to the NVMe drive and the computer is stable there.

- Disabled all non-Microsoft startup items and tried to boot into Windows 10 with only Microsoft startup items

- Updated UEFI from version 0801 to 1301

-ntbtlog file was showing NOT_LOADED components for the following listing unique

-- BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED @kdnic.inf,%kdnic.devicedesc%;Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter

-- BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED @cpu.inf,%intelppm.devicedesc%;Intel Processor

-- @oem3 Nvidia graphics

I don't have the bootlog file anymore since I used the flash drive for the Fedora installer, but I will gladly reinstall Windows on another drive I have to get this computer running with Windows 10. There may be others that were NOT LOADED in there, like dgx****.

System components:

Intel Core i7 6700K

Asus ROG Maximus IX Extreme

4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal @ 3333 MHz this is a 3600 MHz CL17 kit, but that XMP profile isn't working with my board

Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 980 ti Xtreme Gaming Waterforce

256GB Samsung 950 Pro NVMe

1TB Samsung 840 Evo was disconnected during most Windows installs, also the other drive I tested to make sure it wasn't a drive issue

1TB Samsung 850 Evo was disconnected during most Windows installs

Corsair AX1200i power supply

9x Lian Li Bora Digital RGB fans

The rest is just a bunch of watercooling components like, Pump, reservoir, radiators and all the components to connect that to the CPU monoblock.

The CPU is idling at ~25-30 C. There have been no leaks in the system, and I know this because I've been checking on it every couple hours that I'm home.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

edited for additional troubleshooting performed

:)

ShriekinCMDR, Jan 12, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Clean Install Crashing

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Clean Install Crashing

1. Windows 10 Clean Install Crashing - Similar Threads - Clean Install Crashing

2. Photos app crashing on clean Windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app crashing on clean Windows 10 installation: Hello!I had a problem with the photo app crashing on startup.I tried all the fixes I could find but nothing solved it so I decided to do a clean installation.I'm an IT guy. I made a bootable USB with the Microsoft media creation tool, booted my PC from that USB, erased all...
  3. Photos app crashing on clean Windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app crashing on clean Windows 10 installation: Hello!I had a problem with the photo app crashing on startup.I tried all the fixes I could find but nothing solved it so I decided to do a clean installation.I'm an IT guy. I made a bootable USB with the Microsoft media creation tool, booted my PC from that USB, erased all...
  4. Crashing during clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashing during clean install: Since my pc was acting up I've been trying to reinstall windows 10. 10 times in a row it has crashed during installation and had to start from the very beginning and crashes at different points. I've check every physical component, the UEFI settings including clearing the...
  5. Crashing during clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashing during clean install: Since my pc was acting up I've been trying to reinstall windows 10. 10 times in a row it has crashed during installation and had to start from the very beginning and crashes at different points. I've check every physical component, the UEFI settings including clearing the...
  6. Crashing during clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 crashing following clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crashing following clean install: Hi, I am on: 2021-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB5001649 I recently upgraded some hardware components and installed a completely clean Windows 10 on a new SSD - nothing remains of my old files except for the picture storage I...
  8. Clean Install of Windows 10 - Crash midway through install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install of Windows 10 - Crash midway through install: Hi, I purchased Windows 10 yesterday, and downloaded the program to a USB stick. I've loaded USB stick into my Desktop PC and ran a Clean Install of Windows 10. Windows 7 was previously installed, personal info backed up on separate external. Partway through install...
  9. Windows 10 clean install regularly crashes

Windows 10 clean install regularly crashes: Today, I finally switched to Windows 10 in light of Microsoft's plan to kill support for Windows 7. Windows suddenly crashes approximately 20 to 30 minutes after booting, and all I can do when it does is force a shut down by holding my computer's power button. It does not...
  10. Crash after clean install of windows 10

Crash after clean install of windows 10: Hey guys any help would be much appreciated Recently had some BSOD drama and was unable to log back in, I have my OS on its own drive so I did a fresh reinstall of windows 10 2 days ago. I just had a crash for the first time, system service exception. I was hoping someone...