Windows 10: Windows 10 - clean install different language

Discus and support Windows 10 - clean install different language in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Say my version of Windows 10 pro is German x64 Say I create a DVD (via media creation tool) and before creating the media I select English x64 Then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tfwul, Aug 7, 2015.

1. tfwul Win User

Windows 10 - clean install different language

Say my version of Windows 10 pro is German x64
    Say I create a DVD (via media creation tool) and before creating the media I select English x64
    Then do a clean install from that media.

Q: Will then the English version be installed and activated?

=

:)

tfwul, Aug 7, 2015

2. When I upgrade from Win 8.1 SL (Spanish) to Win 10, does it remain in SL mode?

You can always switch to a different language. You will have to perform a clean install though if you wish to install Windows 10 Home English.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 7, 2015
  3. DGRDGR Win User
    When I upgrade from Win 8.1 SL (Spanish) to Win 10, does it remain in SL mode?

Andre:

Thanks for your prompt reply. Let me ask you two more questions:

1. How do I perform a clean install?

2. In the future, can the language be changed back to Spanish?

Best,

DR

DGRDGR, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 - clean install different language

1. Windows 10 - clean install different language - Similar Threads - clean install different

2. Re-install windows 10 home single language with a different language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-install windows 10 home single language with a different language: I bought a laptop with windows 10 home single language installed in French. It does not allow me to change the language to English. Can I re-install in English? how?...
  3. Re-install windows 10 home single language with a different language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-install windows 10 home single language with a different language: I bought a laptop with windows 10 home single language installed in French. It does not allow me to change the language to English. Can I re-install in English? how?...
  4. Re-install windows 10 home single language with a different language

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Different languages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different languages: Issue: I added a second language. When I try to download the "Basic typing" or "Speech" package, it starts downloading and after 5 sec comes up with error code "0x800F0950"...
  6. A lot of different BSODs after clean install windows 10

A lot of different BSODs after clean install windows 10: Hi everyone!I recently upgraded my Windows 10 Home to Pro by doing a clean installation of Windows 10 and using a USB ISO file boot created by Media Creation Tool. Just after finishing the entire setup and starting to update to the latest version of Windows 10 version 21H1 ,...
  7. Fresh install in a different language

Fresh install in a different language: Hello. I've bought an HP laptop with preinstalled Russian version of Windows 10 PRO. I am going to use Media creation tool to make clean install and I would like to use English version of Windows. Can I do that? Will it activate automatically or I can run into some issues...
  8. Clean install with different language

Clean install with different language: Hello Can I do a clean install of Windows 10 Home Single language but in a different language? I have a laptop in Spanish and it is Single language but I want to do a clean install in English. Will I loose my digital licence? Thank you....
  9. After a clean install different windows 10 lock screens

in Windows 10 Customization
    After a clean install different windows 10 lock screens: Hello, I received a new laptop and do as i usually do and do a clean install of windows 10 pro. Everything is running well but when i attempt to set the lock screen background image there seems to be an issue. For example the image i set for my lock screen is applied when i...
  10. Clean install to different disk drive?

Clean install to different disk drive?: I have successfully upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 (and solved the initial network connection problems). However my OS has a lot of crud from the pre-upgrade state and I would like to do a clean install of Windows 10, without losing any old data files. I've read...