Windows 10: Windows 10 Clean Install Failing

Discus and support Windows 10 Clean Install Failing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have the current setup: MoBo: ASRock X570 Steel Legend (AM4) CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 GPU: GTX960 RAM: 16Gb Patriot Viper 3200MHz 2x8Gb Storage: Samsung... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AegonStarkgaryen, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Clean Install Failing

I have the current setup:

MoBo: ASRock X570 Steel Legend (AM4) CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 GPU: GTX960 RAM: 16Gb Patriot Viper 3200MHz 2x8Gb Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 Tb M.2 NVME

All devices are seen in BIOS. I am booting with a Windows 10 bootable USB device, created using the Windows media creation tool. The setup starts copying the windows files, but then fails during “file preparation” - the second step of the entire process. At first the error only occurred after reaching 90% progress with “file preparation”, as opposed to now, when the installation file preparation step reaches 11% and the same thing happens. This is the error screen:

this is the error

I’ve found some discussing this issue but none of the solutions I’ve tried have worked. These have included partitioning the drive to use a smaller storage partition, swapping RAM dimms and using just one RAM stick etc.

Any ideas what could be the issue here? Thanks!

submitted by /u/AegonStarkgaryen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AegonStarkgaryen, Feb 18, 2021
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Feb 18, 2021
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Feb 18, 2021
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows 10 Clean Install Failing

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Clean Install Failing

1. Windows 10 Clean Install Failing - Similar Threads - Clean Install Failing

2. Windows 10 Clean Install Failing Miserably

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Clean Install Failing Miserably: Hi all, any help on the following is appreciated.This issue began after I ran a clean on my PC and accidentally clicked yes to the last pop up which was to delete windows registry files. In doing so the automatic repair will also not work. This PC ran perfectly fine before...
  3. Windows 10 Clean Install Failing Miserably

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Clean Install Failing Miserably: Hi all, any help on the following is appreciated.This issue began after I ran a clean on my PC and accidentally clicked yes to the last pop up which was to delete windows registry files. In doing so the automatic repair will also not work. This PC ran perfectly fine before...
  4. Windows 10 Clean Install Failing Miserably

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Clean install of Windows 10 fails repeatedly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install of Windows 10 fails repeatedly: I did a clean reset on a Dell Inspiron laptop that was working so I could give the laptop to someone else. The re-installation of windows never completed so after about 12 hours, I gave up and decided to reinstall. I used another computer to download Media Creator and put the...
  6. Failed Windows 10 Clean Install...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Failed Windows 10 Clean Install...: Jesus Christ, my high-end PC might be in a really bad state. Could be a really bad virus. I tried to startup repair. PC restarts with a black screen. I tried to uninstall the previous Windows update. Black screen. Latest windows update won't install and comes out with an...
  7. Failing clean Windows 10 Install

Failing clean Windows 10 Install: Hello. I am at my wit's end with trying to figure out why I can't get a clean install of Windows 10. Figured I'd try this before taking to the shop to spend money I don't have :) I have a HP 14-AL062NR laptop. I've had it for a few years and used it heavily. About a month...
  8. Updates fail on clean Windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates fail on clean Windows 10 installation: Hello everyone. Just made a clean install of Windows 10 version 1903 on my laptop. The system done some updates, but the following won't complete: KB4516115 - Error code: 0x80070003 KB4514359 - Error code: 0x80070003 KB4515384 - Error code: 0x80242016 I tried to re-install...
  9. Windows 10 clean install - fails to activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 clean install - fails to activate: I did a free upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro in early July. It hosed my machine, with constant CPU usage of 80-99%. Details are provided here: Windows 10 Upgrade Failure Results in Unusable PC – Specific Questions I struggled to fix it throughout July, and then...
  10. clean install of Windows 10 fails

clean install of Windows 10 fails: Hi all, This is my first time posting in the forums and i am hoping you all will be able to help me. I am using the "Clean Install" guide from TenForums found here. During the installation when i arrive to step 13b (Windows Setup will automatically create the 4...