Windows 10: Windows 10 clean install freezes/stutters every couple seconds cpu load never below 20%

Discus and support Windows 10 clean install freezes/stutters every couple seconds cpu load never below 20% in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; this is driving me crazy and never happens with windows 7 only windows 10. its a HP laptop and I have tried formatting and re-installing 4 times and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jacqueline.L, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Windows 10 clean install freezes/stutters every couple seconds cpu load never below 20%

this is driving me crazy and never happens with windows 7 only windows 10. its a HP laptop and I have tried formatting and re-installing 4 times and EVERY time the install goes fine, and everything is smooth as butter till the final restart. after that once windows loads up the mouse just stops moving/freezes every couple seconds.

I will also say right now I don't want none of your scripted clean boot, dism, or whatever scripted BS answers your gonna give me its a CLEAN INSTALL from the latest media creation tool. there isn't anything for the clean boot or fixing tools to fix. its not even connected to the internet *yet*

and as I have stated I have formatted/re-installed windows four times and it does it every time

thanks in advance for any non scripted BS replies :

:)

Jacqueline.L, Dec 29, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Micro stutter every 20 seconds

Now that I've upgraded my laptop to W10 from 7, I'm having a weird problem: in VLC Player, Chrome, most games (except CS:GO), the display hangs for around half a second or so every 20 seconds. The audio has no problems, but these mini freezes are everywhere
    and they've gotten very annoying.

Specs (It's a PackardBell EasyNote TM):

CPU: Intel Core i5-430M

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 320M

4GB RAM

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, I'm going nuts over here, seeing as I didn't have this problem with Windows 7.

AdrianOr_939, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Windows 10 clean install freezes/stutters every couple seconds cpu load never below 20%

Stuttering Every Two Seconds

Every two seconds I get a stutter, the mouse freezes and then jumps forward. Audio stutters, games stutter, everything stutters very briefly (on the order of milliseconds) every two seconds.

This happens every two seconds like clock work. It happens on windows, it happens in browsers, it happens in games.

I've tried updating all the drivers I can find. I've tried a System restore to last month even though the problem just started today. I've tried closing out of programs and disabling various tasks.

I've tried various checks and all come back clean:

• sfc /scannow
    • DISM.exe/Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • CHKDSK /f

Please help!

BoostHungry, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 clean install freezes/stutters every couple seconds cpu load never below 20%

1. Windows 10 clean install freezes/stutters every couple seconds cpu load never below 20% - Similar Threads - clean install freezes

2. Specific game freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Specific game freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds.: I'm having trouble running Hitman 3. It will load up correctly, but once I'm playing, it will start freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds. This started happening out of the blue, a week or 2 after their most recent update. I didn't change anything in my PC before it...
  3. Brand New Laptop with Windows Freezing/Hiccups/Stutters every 15 or 20 seconds on Idle !!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand New Laptop with Windows Freezing/Hiccups/Stutters every 15 or 20 seconds on Idle !!!: Hello Everyone, i just bought a brand new laptop from amazon Gigabyte Aero 5 XE4 to be precise.my PC specs are core i7 12th gen 12700H, 16gb DDR4, 1TB SSD, 4k Display HDR, Nvidia RTX 3070tiit came with windows 11, before I even start using the laptop i noticed a little...
  4. Brand New Laptop with Windows Freezing/Hiccups/Stutters every 15 or 20 seconds on Idle !!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brand New Laptop with Windows Freezing/Hiccups/Stutters every 15 or 20 seconds on Idle !!!: Hello Everyone, i just bought a brand new laptop from amazon Gigabyte Aero 5 XE4 to be precise.my PC specs are core i7 12th gen 12700H, 16gb DDR4, 1TB SSD, 4k Display HDR, Nvidia RTX 3070tiit came with windows 11, before I even start using the laptop i noticed a little...
  5. Windows keeps Freezing + Black screen every couple of seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows keeps Freezing + Black screen every couple of seconds: Hello everyone, TL;DR: After building a new PC and installing Windows 10, the system freezes for 20-60s with a brief black screen at the end after every 5-10 seconds of "normal" usability. Needless to say, the system is not usable like this. I've tried many things and I...
  6. Windows keeps Freezing + Black screen every couple of seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keeps Freezing + Black screen every couple of seconds: TL;DR: After building a new PC and installing Windows 10, the system freezes for 20-60s with a brief black screen at the end after every 5-10 seconds of "normal" usability. Needless to say, the system is not usable like this. I've tried many things and I cannot even pin-point...
  7. Windows keeps Freezing + Black screen every couple of seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows keeps Freezing + Black screen every couple of seconds: Hello everyone, TL;DR: After building a new PC and installing Windows 10, the system freezes for 20-60s with a brief black screen at the end after every 5-10 seconds of "normal" usability. Needless to say, the system is not usable like this. I've tried many things and I...
  8. Windows 10 MAJOR STUTTERING EVERY COUPLE SECONDS OR MINUTES !

Windows 10 MAJOR STUTTERING EVERY COUPLE SECONDS OR MINUTES !: Hello ppl.. Like the title say, i have this MAJOR STUTTERING and i have no idea what is causing it ! But what i'm sure of this wasn't there when i bought this pc.. everything is brand new. it's not problem in HDD or any other parts. I'm just bought it. it's 3 months...
  9. Mouse freezes for ~half a second every couple seconds.

Mouse freezes for ~half a second every couple seconds.: This issue has been bugging me ever since a couple of weeks ago when I added another graphics card to my PC. I did not install any drivers for it and I actually removed it about a week ago and it did not fix the problem. I've updated my graphics card drivers, then rolled them...
  10. windows 10 freezing/stuttering every couple minutes

windows 10 freezing/stuttering every couple minutes: started to happen recently after latest update,when it happens the sound continues in the background but the video or app freezes. i've monitored the resource usage when it happens. none of them are near to 100% but when it freezes the GPU usage drops then resets. its seems...