Windows 10: WIndows 10 Clean Install Hangs at Blue Windows Logo

Discus and support WIndows 10 Clean Install Hangs at Blue Windows Logo in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I would reply to one or more of the numerous existing discussions about this, but they've been locked. I ran into the same situation, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ben Lincoln, Nov 29, 2018.

1. WIndows 10 Clean Install Hangs at Blue Windows Logo

Hi.

I would reply to one or more of the numerous existing discussions about this, but they've been locked.

I ran into the same situation, and finally resolved it with a specific BIOS setting. I wanted to document that in a public location in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

On my ASUS motherboard, if the VT-d / Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O feature is enabled, the Windows 10 installer hangs at the light blue Windows symbol/logo. I let it sit there for over 8 hours to verify that it was never going to proceed. This takes place *after* choosing the 64-bit or 32-bit installer from the initial menu. If that feature is disabled, installation proceeds normally. The feature is configured in the chipset options for the BIOS, and is separate from the CPU-level virtualization settings.

The older Windows installers provided a lot more useful feedback in terms of the text output. There should at least be an advanced/debugging option available to enable that instead of just showing the logo, and it shouldn't require knowledge of some secret key combination or mouse hotspot to find it.

:)

Ben Lincoln, Nov 29, 2018

2. Installation Hangs at Blue Windows Logo, Error Code C1900101-20017

The BIOS update suggestion posted above by @Jegler helped me, @guhanath. I was on version 1.10 and updated to 1.90. The steps I took after that were just doing the official Windows 10 upgrade procedure.

Then the Windows 10 installation went without a hitch, and I'm no longer on Windows 7. I'm going to consider this solved, thank you @Jelger for the suggestion to update the BIOS!

KingDecimator, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Nov 29, 2018
  4. WIndows 10 Clean Install Hangs at Blue Windows Logo

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

WIndows 10 Clean Install Hangs at Blue Windows Logo

1. WIndows 10 Clean Install Hangs at Blue Windows Logo - Similar Threads - Clean Install Hangs

2. Stuck on the windows logo for a clean installation of windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on the windows logo for a clean installation of windows 10: My laptop dell XPS 15-9570 laptop can not be made a clean installation of windows 10. it was stuck on the windows logo. Early it was bitlocked in its original SSD driver. I removed the SSD driver and replaced a new one. But when I tried to re-install windows 10 from a USB...
  3. Stuck on the windows logo for a clean installation of windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on the windows logo for a clean installation of windows 10: My laptop dell XPS 15-9570 laptop can not be made a clean installation of windows 10. it was stuck on the windows logo. Early it was bitlocked in its original SSD driver. I removed the SSD driver and replaced a new one. But when I tried to re-install windows 10 from a USB...
  4. Stuck on the windows logo for a clean installation of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Installer usb hanging at logo.

Windows 10 Installer usb hanging at logo.: New pc build, trying to do a clean install of windows 10. Created installer usb using the tool on MS website. USB was formatted GPT FAT32, 16gb capacity. Upon booting to bios menu the usb drive is seen - showing 2 partitions, one labelled UEFI, one not. Trying to boot to...
  6. Windows clean installation logo and then reboot

Windows clean installation logo and then reboot: So I have to do a clean install of windows 10, I already acquired the windows creation media tool on my usb 3.0 but when I try to boot from the usb via BIOS it flashes the blue windows logo on a black screen for a few seconds and then reboots the pc back to BIOS. I dont have...
  7. New Win10 Install - hangs on blue Windows logo at startup

in Windows 10 Support
    New Win10 Install - hangs on blue Windows logo at startup: I reinstalled Windows10 from scratch yesterday (this is the 5th time this year). It installed fine. But on a cold startup it will get stuck at the black screen with the Blue Windows logo and no spinner. This happens about 50% of the time. If I reset the computer sometimes I...
  8. Installation Hangs at Blue Windows Logo, Error Code C1900101-20017

Installation Hangs at Blue Windows Logo, Error Code C1900101-20017: So here's the lowdown: My PC used to run Windows 7 Ultimate (but it wasn't Genuine). To prevent any potential future problems with Windows 10 from Windows 7 Ultimate not being Genuine, I reverted back to Windows 7 Home Premium which I had my product key laying around for....
  9. Windows 10 Installation hangs on Windows logo

Windows 10 Installation hangs on Windows logo: I made a bootable USB via rufus. Restarted my PC, went into Boot Options and Booted via my bootable USB, pressed a key to boot via USB and the Windows Logo appears and then nothing happens, stays like that forever. Click on the attachment and you can see the logo and...
  10. Clean Install of Windows 10 64bit stuck @ Blue Logo

Clean Install of Windows 10 64bit stuck @ Blue Logo: Hello, I currently have Win10 32bit Pro . I made a bootable USB and DVD to upgrade to the 64bit Home version, both yield the same results. Each time I try to perform a clean install, it just hangs at the blue windows logo, no spinning circle just the logo. I let it sit for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 installation hangs on windows logo

2. windows install stuck blue logo

3. windows 10 install stuck on logo no dots