Windows 10: Windows 10 clean install laggy and slow

Discus and support Windows 10 clean install laggy and slow in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello everyone, So my problem is the windows 10 clean installed being laggy. I disabled a lot of things and its still very slow and laggy. I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dejwiu, Jul 8, 2018.

1. dejwiu Win User

Windows 10 clean install laggy and slow

Hello everyone,

So my problem is the windows 10 clean installed being laggy. I disabled a lot of things and its still very slow and laggy. I need help. My specs are:

Mobo: gigabyte b360m ds3h
    cpu: i3 8100
    gpu: msi gtx 1050ti
    psu: 600w xfx
    ram: goodram iridium 2133 mhz 2x 4gb
    hdd: toshiba 1tb

:)

dejwiu, Jul 8, 2018
  2. sandman- Win User

Slow & Laggy PC

Hello,

So, a few months ago i decided to upgrade from windows 8 to windows 10 Home, everything went though smoothly. a month later i decided to upgrade to windows 10 pro. after upgrading my pc has became extremely slow and laggy. i can barely watch videos, play
    games, web page load extremely slow, everything just slow. so i thought maybe windows 10 pro just isnt for me, so i downgraded back to windows 10 home and everything is still the same, slow and laggy and my CPU and RAM always 100% even when i just have chrome
    open. i deleted the windows.old folder, did a clean install but nothing works. any suggestion?

My pc is a Dell System Inspiron N7110

installed memory ram: 4.00 GB (3.90) GB unstable

Here's a link to my pc test results page

Dell System Inspiron N7110 Performance Results - UserBenchmark

sandman-, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Windows 10 clean install laggy and slow

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 clean install laggy and slow

1. Windows 10 clean install laggy and slow - Similar Threads - clean install laggy

2. Win11 clean install - Explorer laggy on Nas and veracrypt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 clean install - Explorer laggy on Nas and veracrypt: Hi, I updated from win 10 to 11 and did it with a clean install. Created a usb setup with creation tool. Sadly having a performance problem when accessing to my Nas or mounted veracrypt volume. When browsing through files on my Nas via smb with pressing arrow down, each...
  3. Win11 clean install - Explorer laggy on Nas and veracrypt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 clean install - Explorer laggy on Nas and veracrypt: Hi, I updated from win 10 to 11 and did it with a clean install. Created a usb setup with creation tool. Sadly having a performance problem when accessing to my Nas or mounted veracrypt volume. When browsing through files on my Nas via smb with pressing arrow down, each...
  4. Windows 10 is slow and laggy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 is slow and laggy: It's been like this for a month. I think an windows 10 update caused it. My specs: Intel Pentium G3220T, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB 7200 RPM HDD, Intel HD Integrated Graphics: GT1, 4400 GT2, 4600 GT2 I'm using HP Pavilion 21-h116 (its probably 6 years old) submitted by...
  5. SLOW AND LAGGY WINDOW 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SLOW AND LAGGY WINDOW 10: hey Microsoft, I am your very old user. ive used your every windows. but recently i bought a new pc for my study purpose. After sometime when i just got used to this window this window 10 STARTED LAGGING AND BEING SLOW which was not right. my background purchases sometimes...
  6. Windows 10 very laggy and slow booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 very laggy and slow booting: Hello, my laptop suddenly has a severe lag, my mouse cursor also same as it. What I do is go to automatic repair to do safe mode without networking and the results are not much different as normal mode. And then i tried start up repair, it didn't work. Then I do a reset...
  7. Windows 10 laggy and slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 laggy and slow: i own a Lenovo Ip320 80xl specs: i5 7th gen 1tb hdd 8gb ram 2gb nvidia 940mx graphics newer verison of windows 10 like build 1803, 1709 all performs so slow in everything like opening file explorer, this pc, idm all apps slow boot times and shut downs all things are so...
  8. Slow/laggy Windows 10 animations

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow/laggy Windows 10 animations: Hello, I have a new 10" tablet (1920x1080) with a x5-z8300 CPU and the following problem, that all Windows 10 animations like switching windows, opening apps, swiping around the task bar and so on are "laggy" or frames are being dropped. Newest HD drivers are being...
  9. Windows 10 running super slow and laggy

Windows 10 running super slow and laggy: I recently had to do a fresh install of windows 10 after a hard drive corruption, before the update win10 ran silky smooth with almost no lag, after the fresh install win10 takes 5 mins to open the setting panel, tried defragmenting my hard drive, no help, tried setting the...
  10. Windows 10 Clean Install Slow Bootup

Windows 10 Clean Install Slow Bootup: Hi, I have done a clean install of Windows 10 Home (did an in place upgrade first, activated, then did a fresh install re-formatting the C Drive before the install). My computer came with Win 8.1 Home. Specs: Intel i3 1.70GHz, 4 GB RAM, 500Gb HDD, Intel onboard HD...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows laggy after fresh install

2. fresh windows laggy

3. windows 10 clean install very slow

4. windows 10 laggy after fresh install,
  5. windows 10 clean install laggy,
  6. windows 10 lag after clean install,
  7. fresh install windows 10 laggy,
  8. windows fresh install and slow,
  9. fresh windows install laggy