Windows 10: Windows 10 Clean install no username or password

Discus and support Windows 10 Clean install no username or password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; selling on my laptop so did a clean install. However it wants a username and password; useless as I don't want my username or passwords used sojyst... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlanFarthing, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Clean install no username or password

selling on my laptop so did a clean install.

However it wants a username and password; useless as I don't want my username or passwords used sojyst want to leave blank.

How do I get past this stage; I get error message "something went wrong" if I try "everyone" and "password"

Any advice please?

:)

AlanFarthing, Nov 25, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Clean install no username or password

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Clean install no username or password

1. Windows 10 Clean install no username or password - Similar Threads - Clean install username

2. Clean install of windows asks for password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean install of windows asks for password: I have just done a clean reinstall of Windows 10 on 2 different computers Full local install and clean the drives. One works as expected, but the other Has a user logon screen Username "X" I have never used that UN and is looking for a password which isn't Password, password,...
  3. Clean install of windows asks for password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install of windows asks for password: I have just done a clean reinstall of Windows 10 on 2 different computers Full local install and clean the drives. One works as expected, but the other Has a user logon screen Username "X" I have never used that UN and is looking for a password which isn't Password, password,...
  4. usernames and passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    usernames and passwords: how do i access all my usernames and passwords. I had them written down but lost them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usernames-and-passwords/62585e2c-7c94-4fa2-98fe-5755f3f02907
  5. username and password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    username and password: I am having a problem editing username through my microsoft password manager feature i want to edit username Found how to edit password but need to change username How is this done thru password manager...
  6. Windows 10 "Incorrect username or password"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 "Incorrect username or password": Hi hi, I recently had my computer (An Acer Aspire E5-576) blue screen (Critical Process Died error) and ever since then I haven't been able to log in to my computer when it starts. I had used a pin number before but after the crash it will only let me enter a password,...
  7. Windows 10 lost username/password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 lost username/password: A friend died, and his mother is asking my wife to gain access into his laptop. We think it would be running Win 10. It was new in late, 2016. Do I work with Microsoft directly on this, or can you advise? Thanks, 129156
  8. username and password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    username and password: how to find my internet password, it is connected from the router by cable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/username-and-password/e547cfd0-01b9-4977-b36b-5094fb340f7d
  9. Windows 10 - No Field for Password and/or Username

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 - No Field for Password and/or Username: Hello, My organization has been having an issue for a few months now where a user will try to unlock their Windows 10 computer but no field populates to enter their password. Sometimes the username will appear, other times nothing will appear. On the lock screen you can...
  10. Windows 10 clean installation, weird username I did not create

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 clean installation, weird username I did not create: I've done a clean installation of my PC, Windows 10 (using the DVD). Now I have four users, one is a hidden one apparently (because only shows up when I say to show hidden folders), the second is the one I was asked to create during the installation process, third is public,...