Windows 10: Windows 10 clean install on a new hard drive

Discus and support Windows 10 clean install on a new hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I dropped my laptop which has smashed my HDD. Ordered a replacement HDD but unfortunately I do not have a back up USB. What are my options for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AJR85, Feb 18, 2020.

1. AJR85 Win User

Windows 10 clean install on a new hard drive

I dropped my laptop which has smashed my HDD. Ordered a replacement HDD but unfortunately I do not have a back up USB. What are my options for installing windows 10 from new onto the new hard drive? Laptop sony vaio will boot up in BIOS.
    Any advice would be very welcome.

Thanks

:)

AJR85, Feb 18, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Wile E Win User
    Windows Vista Clean Installation

To do a clean install on a fresh hard drive with Vista on an upgrade disc, you have to follow certain steps. Buying a full install CD would've been easier, but using the upgrade disc only adds more time, so it's not that big of a deal.

Follow the instructions here to do a clean install with an upgrade disc: http://www.vistarewired.com/2007/02/28/perform-a-clean-install-with-a-vista-upgrade-disc

Wile E, Feb 18, 2020
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 clean install on a new hard drive - Similar Threads - clean install hard

2. Installing Windows 10 on new hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 on new hard drive: I am replacing a failed hard drive in a Dell Inspiron desktop with Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 16.0 GB installed memory. Windows seems to have installed but on reboot I get memory "memory management" blue screen and it keeps rebooting with same message. The Dell...
  3. windows 10 on a clean hard drive

windows 10 on a clean hard drive: Failed hard drive put in new hard drive how do I get windows 10 loaded. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-on-a-clean-hard-drive/da8258f3-7d2a-412f-8f4b-f2cc91b483e1
  4. Can't locate DVD drive after clean installation of windows 10 on a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't locate DVD drive after clean installation of windows 10 on a new hard drive: My hard drive was failing so I bought a new drive and installed a valid copy of windows 10 on the new drive. I have two DVD drives, but the device manager can only find one and the one it finds is always on the same SATA cable i.e. which ever one I attach. I know that both...
  5. Install windows 10 into new hard drive

Install windows 10 into new hard drive: Hi, How do I install windows 10 into new hard drive? Thanks, Joe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-windows-10-into-new-hard-drive/113be997-f406-4a25-b4f3-27585853d53f
  6. Moving Hard drive to new Laptop With Clean Install

Moving Hard drive to new Laptop With Clean Install: Good afternoon, all. I understand I can't move a HD from one computer to another. I plan on doing a clean install of Windows 10. My question is, after I move the hard drive to the new laptop and do the clean install via USB, will there be the Windows.old folder? Or should I...
  7. New hard drive and install of windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New hard drive and install of windows 10: I need to install a new hard drive which is about to fail according to my diagnostic disk. I think I can install the drive, but I need to know how to reinstall windows 10 afterwards. Is there anything with detailed instructions to guide me?...
  8. New Hard Drive & Windows 10 Installation

New Hard Drive & Windows 10 Installation: My hard drive died, so I installed a new one. The original drive had windows 8 on it, which I had upgraded to Windows 10 for free back when it came out. The new (replacement drive) came with Windows 8. I tried to upgrade this to Windows 10, but the Microsoft site requires...
  9. how to install windows 10 from USB drive on a clean install to a new hard drive

how to install windows 10 from USB drive on a clean install to a new hard drive: I have downloaded Windows 10 to USB but I am not sure how to get the computer to recognized the USB installer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/how-to-install-windows-10-from-usb-drive-on-a/0f27c2a7-057d-4c5b-a887-b11871bb87d8
  10. Clean install on a new 250gb hard drive/

Clean install on a new 250gb hard drive/: I previously used windows xp and just went and bought a new hard drive and windows 10 usb. Im confused. I installed the hard drive along with my old master drive, using it as slave i presume. Will it auto partition the new hard drive 40591