Windows 10: Windows 10 clean install on a newly built PC is very slow and unresponsive, basically unusable

Discus and support Windows 10 clean install on a newly built PC is very slow and unresponsive, basically unusable in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I have built a new pc with all new components but 1, the SSD. I wiped it clean and did a fresh install with official windows installer and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gplemons1, Jul 5, 2020.

1. gplemons1 Win User

Windows 10 clean install on a newly built PC is very slow and unresponsive, basically unusable

Hello!

I have built a new pc with all new components but 1, the SSD.

I wiped it clean and did a fresh install with official windows installer and a key supplied by my university.

Windows 10 was very sluggish and slow. It would take an eternity to complete a process and it would freeze up constantly. It almost seems like it's random. When i opened the windows update center and pressed check for updates it pretty much froze the entire pc for example. Hovering over the buttons with mouse cursor would still display visual effects but they would not respond or would respond with huge delay.

Sometimes when i would restart the PC windows 10 would be very quick and responsive. But after doing a simple task such as checking for updates or moving a file from HDD to SSD it would be very slow and frozen again. When its frozen its usually just the window that started the slowdown, while the rest seem unaffected. However interacting with other windows and apps can make them freeze too.

I don't understand it as i havent installed anything on my latest reinstall of Windows 10 and the problem still persists.

Components are as such:

Ryzen 5 1600 AF

Gigabyte Aorus M B450

Sapphire 5600 XT Pulse

16 GB DDR4 HyperX RAM

240GB Kingston A400 SSD

1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks!

:)

gplemons1, Jul 5, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jul 5, 2020
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jul 5, 2020
  4. Windows 10 clean install on a newly built PC is very slow and unresponsive, basically unusable

installed windows 10 slow and unresponsive hate it

ever since installing windows 10 slow/unresponsive have done suggestions nothing helped wish I didn't install it. Can not get help with it. Newer laptop, was running great until download. Feel very irritated and might go to Mac.

CheriWallace, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 clean install on a newly built PC is very slow and unresponsive, basically unusable

1. Windows 10 clean install on a newly built PC is very slow and unresponsive, basically unusable - Similar Threads - clean install newly

2. PC became very slow basically overnight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC became very slow basically overnight: I didn't update my windows for a few days, when I did my whole computer got messed up, I'm not saying it's the update but it happened same day.It was update "windows update kb5027122".First I noticed that my cpu usage was high so I changed my thermal paste and I cleaned out...
  3. Trouble installing windows 10 on newly built pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble installing windows 10 on newly built pc: I was trying to use my schools free windows 10 education edition. I think I used the wrong product key though. When it asks me to sign in it won't let me use my personal account. When I sign in with my school account it says, "Your organization doesn't allow users to set up...
  4. Installing windows 10 onto newly built pc!!

Installing windows 10 onto newly built pc!!: I recently have built a pc and i accidentally bought a disc which i cannot put into my pc, so im wondering how i can install the windows 10 without the disc?...
  5. Newly built PC won't install Windows 10

Newly built PC won't install Windows 10: System: Gigabyte Z370 D3P 1151300 series Intel I5-9600 3.7ghz 6 core processor 1151 300 series G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB 4 x 8GB 288-Pin GAMEMAX RGB-850W I am using a USB from microsoft, I get to picking either 64-bit or the 32-bit install, afterwards it...
  6. Window 10 installation on newly built PC

Window 10 installation on newly built PC: Hello, so i have recently built a pc and im trying to install window 10. Once im on the installation part it restarts the pc and it ask me to basically do it all over again....
  7. newly built pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    newly built pc: so my friend helped me build my first pc and now I am having problems I keep getting a different blue screen and I don't know what to do I have tried to fix them by looking them up but it doesn't seem to work...
  8. installing win 10 on a newly built pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    installing win 10 on a newly built pc: yo okay so i recently built my first ever pc so if you start talking all technical and **** i wont understand anything you say but the problem is that when i try to install win 10 using a usb flash drive i get the error that no drives are detected, and i do not mean my usb is...
  9. My newly purchased PC is very slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My newly purchased PC is very slow.: My system is so slow on almost every thing. I purchase this system last October, 2018- A DELL product, a Corei7, 8th Gen, 8GiG Ram, 1TB HDD on Windows 10. I can not figure out why. It makes a lot of sound/noise while working. Each time I check the Task Manager, I have found...
  10. Windows 10 installation on a newly built PC

Windows 10 installation on a newly built PC: I just finished building a new PC and all was working fine for a while until I went to install the OS. I used a USB that I put the ISO file on and when I turned on the computer, I received a bunch of error messages. First was error 0xc0000221, then 0xc0000098, then...