Windows 10: Windows 10 Clean Install on blank PC

Discus and support Windows 10 Clean Install on blank PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently built my own gaming pc. I got it all put together and it booted up fine and I was able to get to the BIOS menu for the motherboard. I bought... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LordFettner, May 13, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Clean Install on blank PC

I recently built my own gaming pc. I got it all put together and it booted up fine and I was able to get to the BIOS menu for the motherboard. I bought windows 10 on usb from Amazon that included the product key. From what I’ve read all i had to do was plug the usb in and it should boot up windows 10. Well i did that and got to the screen where i choose either 64 bit or 32 bit. I chose 64 bit and it started to load but then when to a blue stop code screen with error 0xc000021a. My PC would then restart and go through the same cycle over and over. I thought it may be a faulty usb but i plugged it in to a older laptop that was running windows 8 and it was able to read and start the installing process. Is it something i did when i built my pc? Or is it somethung with the windows 10 usb? I feel like ive tried everything. At a loss right now.

:)

LordFettner, May 13, 2019
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, May 13, 2019
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, May 13, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Clean Install on blank PC

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, May 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Clean Install on blank PC

1. Windows 10 Clean Install on blank PC - Similar Threads - Clean Install blank

2. Blank Windows Security Screen on clean new install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank Windows Security Screen on clean new install: I did a clean brand new windows 11 install on my laptop IntelR CoreTM i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz, 16.0Gb RAM, 64 bit processor and OS just now 2024-01-08 18:07 CET. I chose the option to delete all apps, data and personal files, I did not restore anything from any...
  3. Blank Windows Security Screen on clean new install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Windows Security Screen on clean new install: I did a clean brand new windows 11 install on my laptop IntelR CoreTM i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz, 16.0Gb RAM, 64 bit processor and OS just now 2024-01-08 18:07 CET. I chose the option to delete all apps, data and personal files, I did not restore anything from any...
  4. Clean Windows 11 installation blank screen issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean Windows 11 installation blank screen issue: I am doing a clean windows 11 pro installation on brand new machine but the screen becomes blank at some point during the installation process usually after entering my Microsoft credentials.PC configuration:Gigabyte b550m ds3h motherboardAMD Ryzen 7 5800X CPUGigabyte AMD...
  5. Clean Windows 11 installation blank screen issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean Windows 11 installation blank screen issue: I am doing a clean windows 11 pro installation on brand new machine but the screen becomes blank at some point during the installation process usually after entering my Microsoft credentials.PC configuration:Gigabyte b550m ds3h motherboardAMD Ryzen 7 5800X CPUGigabyte AMD...
  6. New Win 10 PC - clean install?

in Windows 10 Support
    New Win 10 PC - clean install?: I just purchased a new Win10 desktop. Now, beeing a longtime Win 7 power user I have read numerous advices to do a "Clean re-install" of the OS to get rid of all the crap, bloatware and things I dont need. And f.ex customize privacy and telemetry etc. But I'm a little...
  7. How clean is a windows 10 clean install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How clean is a windows 10 clean install?: I just went through two days of reading up on doing a Windows 10 "clean " reinstall from installation Media from THIS site (the reason was that after a system re-set my entire laptop was an explosion of every virus I've ever heard of. The reason for that:? AVAST, what else?...
  8. Windows 10 clean install on new PC?

Windows 10 clean install on new PC?: I just got a brand new lenovo laptop with Windows 10 Pro, pre-installed at delivery. This is the first time I have considered a clean install to remove any unwanted bloatware or software. But after some research I can't tell if it is necessary? I have no data on this machine...
  9. Reset This PC doesnt clean install windows 10

Reset This PC doesnt clean install windows 10: I read that Reset This PC does a clean install of windows. I waited hours, and when it completed, I had the same loadout as before, with all the Asus bloatware. So, I read Windows 10 doesn't need a recovery partition anymore. I figured since I had one, Reset This PC loaded...
  10. Windows 10 Clean Install On New PC With Windows 10 Pre-Installed????

Windows 10 Clean Install On New PC With Windows 10 Pre-Installed????: Hey all I'm having a boat load of glitches, I think mostly coming from Cortana (works maybe 3 out of 10 times correctly and sometimes not at all and locks up the windows menu until I kill her in task manager). I spoke to Microsoft who said to do an upgrade that will...