Windows 10: Windows 10 clean install on computer with HDMI monitor only. At start the monitor don't...

Discus and support Windows 10 clean install on computer with HDMI monitor only. At start the monitor don't... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Happy New Year! I've bought an ASUS I7, nVidia 1070, 32G, 512G SDD computer without OS. I also bought a (genuine) Windows 10 Pro CD, for OEM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ezragsit, Dec 31, 2018.

1. ezragsit Win User

Windows 10 clean install on computer with HDMI monitor only. At start the monitor don't...

Hello, Happy New Year!

I've bought an ASUS I7, nVidia 1070, 32G, 512G SDD computer without OS.
    I also bought a (genuine) Windows 10 Pro CD, for OEM install on this computer.
    And an LG monitor, WITH ONLY HDMI connections (2xHDMI)

When starting the PC I have no signal on the HDMI connected monitor. Shell I search an other monitor, with DVI connector, or there is some way to see the start screen on HDMI monitor for install the OS? Or, is there some way to blindly start the Windows install, until it „see”the HDMI monitor?

:)

ezragsit, Dec 31, 2018

2. HDMI monitor not comunicating with computer after update for Windows 10

I too woke up this morning with my display non-functioning. I had shut off the monitor before retiring for the night but left the computer on to finish some work by itself. Some time after the computer finished its work the Windows 10 update came in and
    rebooted the computer after completing the update. The monitor was off of course and when I turned my monitor back on this morning I had no response and communications from the computer via the HDMI port to the monitor. After reading the many reports in this
    forum I switched to the VGA port to regain use of the system and then rebooted with the HDMI activated and everything came up fine with my preferred HDMI port working. Thanks to whomever suggested re-booting as a fix to the issue.

AllenDeSart, Dec 31, 2018
  3. Monitor not working - HDMI has no signal

Yesterday, my ASUS monitor was working fine connected to my HP spectrum using Windows 10. Today, the monitor delivers a no HDMI signal message. I have restarted both laptop and monitor, replaced the HDMI cable, updated display driver and still no luck.
    Suggestions welcome.

SteveEayrs1, Dec 31, 2018
  4. Minduse Win User

Windows 10 clean install on computer with HDMI monitor only. At start the monitor don't...

HDMI no output after update to FullHD monitors

Hello

My system:

• AMD Graphics Card
      • GPU : 912-V308-001 (or) R9 290X GAMING 4G
    • Desktop mid tower
    • Operating System Windows 10 64bit Update 1709
    • Video Driver version installed AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 17.12.2 Drivers
    • Display Devices that does not work with HDMI :
      • BenQ - GL2450HM 24.0" 1920x1080 60Hz
      • AOC M2470SWH 23.6" 1920x1080 60Hz
      • Philips 243V7QDAB/00 24'' 1920x1080 60Hz
      • AOC - G2460VQ6 24.0" 1920x1080 75Hz Monitor (currently using with Display port, does not work with HDMI)
        • The HDMI port works with 4k tv so I know it is functional.
    • Motherboard Asus - SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK2 ATX LGA1150 BIOS Version 2702
    • CPU Core i5-4690K
    • Power Supply Unit Corsair - Builder 750W CX750 or CP-9020015-EU
    • RAM 16GB
    Issue:

• One morning after regular updates my graphics card stopped sending signals to HDMI monitors that are bellow the resolution of 4k. The monitors, just shows no signal, when you uninstall the drivers sometimes, like once in 4 times it will catch
      the monitor, but if you restart the PC you will again get no signal. The monitors works perfectly with my laptop on HDMI. 3 Of the monitors are fresh from the box. The HDMI port works perfectly with my 4k TV. Tried switching 7 HDMI cables total. Reinstalled
      windows twice, video drivers several times. Currently using a display port for one of the monitors.

Minduse, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 clean install on computer with HDMI monitor only. At start the monitor don't... - Similar Threads - clean install computer

2. HDMI monitor shows the computer start-up, but once Windows-11 starts the HDMI connection is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI monitor shows the computer start-up, but once Windows-11 starts the HDMI connection is...: HDMI monitor shows the computer start-up, but once Windows-11 starts the HDMI connection is lost and monitor shut downit happened after updating windows-11 ith regular updates. maybe there is a connection...
  3. HDMI monitor shows the computer start-up, but once Windows-11 starts the HDMI connection is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI monitor shows the computer start-up, but once Windows-11 starts the HDMI connection is...: HDMI monitor shows the computer start-up, but once Windows-11 starts the HDMI connection is lost and monitor shut downit happened after updating windows-11 ith regular updates. maybe there is a connection...
  4. HDMI to monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI to monitor: I have tried 4 different USB-C hubs to try and connect my surface pro 8 to a second monitor I have, with no luck. The monitor recognizes it is plugged in, but the laptop doesn't do anything. It used to work, but has since stopped. I have tried to download/find drivers for the...
  5. HDMI to monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI to monitor: I have tried 4 different USB-C hubs to try and connect my surface pro 8 to a second monitor I have, with no luck. The monitor recognizes it is plugged in, but the laptop doesn't do anything. It used to work, but has since stopped. I have tried to download/find drivers for the...
  6. Laptop monitor is broken, BIOS don't show on HDMI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop monitor is broken, BIOS don't show on HDMI: I need to change my laptop's HDD, after creating a UEFI bootable with the media creation tool, I just can't see the BIOS or installation from HDMI monitor. I was thinking about installing windows first with the old HDD, by having the new HDD connected with a sata/usb3.0...
  7. Sound only going to monitor (HDMI)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound only going to monitor (HDMI): Hello! On a fresh install of Windows 10 my sound works fine. Then when I install the drivers and utilities that come with my motherboard (MSI Z370I) I loose the sound and it appears to be sent to my monitor despite me changing it to "Speakers (Realtek(R) Audio" (which has...
  8. Using a TV via hdmi as the only monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using a TV via hdmi as the only monitor.: I want to use a TV as my only monitor, with hdmi. I presently have an actual monitor connected via the hdmi port on my video card. How can I swap out the monitor and use the TV, and have this work again tomorrow? I got this far once before until the next day. Once the...
  9. Windows 10 Not Detecting HDMI Monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 Not Detecting HDMI Monitors: Running windows 10. I have a new MSI GT72 Dominator Pro Laptop that has Thunderbolt, Mini-Display, and HDMI outputs. I have two monitors that are HDMI. THey are detected if I use the thunderbolt and Mini-display but not through the HDMI. I have tried multiple HDMI cables that...
  10. Took apart computer, cleaned it, now monitors don't come on, keyboard

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Took apart computer, cleaned it, now monitors don't come on, keyboard: Hello everyone, I took apart my computer today for its yearly dusting and clean. I put everything together which I thought perfectly, but my monitors are not coming on or at first said no signal, mouse and keyboard don't work or the keyboard doesn't light up, but my...