Windows 10: Windows 10 Clean install on new SSD - Problems

Discus and support Windows 10 Clean install on new SSD - Problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, Just bought a 128gb Samsung 850 SSD and performed a clean install of windows 10 on my Acer Aspire R3-471T Laptop. Everything went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zzakzz17, Oct 13, 2016.

1. zzakzz17 Win User

Windows 10 Clean install on new SSD - Problems

Hi all,

Just bought a 128gb Samsung 850 SSD and performed a clean install of windows 10 on my Acer Aspire R3-471T Laptop.

Everything went smoothly, I let windows update itself and rebooted a few times.

Now, there are some problems such as:
    - shut down button (from start menu) does nothing, restart button also does nothing. Sleep, however, works.
    - Most apps are launching lightning quick like they should on a SSD but some programs (eg command prompt) when I clicked on it nothing happened. Then after around 2 minutes the window came up! I closed the window and opened command prompt again and it opens up straight away.

What could the issue be? All necessary drivers seem to be installed.

:)

zzakzz17, Oct 13, 2016
  2. PA Bear - MS MVP, Oct 13, 2016
  3. ToddWynia Win User
    Clean install Windows 10 on new SSD

I'm currently running Windows 7 with all my drives being spinning media. If I upgrade to Windows 10, I'd like to get a new SSD as my primary boot drive and install Windows 10 on that rather than existing spinning media. Is that possible

ToddWynia, Oct 13, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Did you just copy over an image using Samsung's drive copy utility, or physically install first Windows 10, then each piece of software? Doing a clone can cause issues. Also the Magician software has to be set properly, otherwise you are going to have issues.

I have a 850 evo on my wife's laptop and have Magician set for AHCI Mode on, Over Provisioning is set with Recommended of 10% or 11.8GB, OS Optimization is set for Hibernation off, Virtual set by System, Index on, Prefetch/Super off, Write Cache On, Write-Cache Buffer Flush On, Power Options are tweaked to not allow Fast Boot or Hibernate, drive is allowed to never go to sleep since it is a SSD, System Restore is set for I do believe 2GB.

I did her install as a clean install of Windows 10 when I installed it on her laptop.

bro67, Oct 13, 2016
  5. zzakzz17 Win User
    Hi, I did do a clean install of windows 10 and I have magician set up optimised for ssd. Faulty ssd I'm assuming.

zzakzz17, Oct 14, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    If it was faulty it would not work. Change the settings in Magician to what I posted and it should work fine.

Third party security and other tools can cause problems. Along with the OS doing housekeeping for a while after first installed.

bro67, Oct 14, 2016
  7. I found out to NOT LOG INTO MY MS ACCOUNT during a clean install! It "remembers" some of my settings from the previous install and sticks them into my new install. It made a huge mess of things and many programs were broken. I tried fixing them but it was a right do to undo the mucked up parts. I started again without the log in and it worked great. I had to reinstall everything but I had a good backup.
    Just skip logging into your MS account during the install and you can get a true fresh install.

John Pombrio, Oct 14, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello John, *Smile

Yep, syncing your settings across PCs that you sign in to with the same Microsoft account is a feature designed for this. You can turn off sync settings for items that you do no want to sync to stop this.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Oct 14, 2016
  9. zzakzz17 Win User
    SOLVED! I was just about to switch to a HDD again as I had enough until you popped up with the solution.
    Thank you, Sir. I guess it was Microsoft just complicating things, and not signing in to the Microsoft account has solved the issue.

zzakzz17, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Clean install on new SSD - Problems - Similar Threads - Clean install SSD

2. Clean Install Windows on New SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean Install Windows on New SSD: Hello I've currently got HDD running on my laptop with os and games,but I wanted to upgrade SSD and clean install windows 10 on it, without losing games which are over gigs of worth re-downloading on them on 1mbps connection will be frustrating,I want to remove OS partition...
  3. Clean Install Windows on New SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean Install Windows on New SSD: Hello I've currently got HDD running on my laptop with os and games,but I wanted to upgrade SSD and clean install windows 10 on it, without losing games which are over gigs of worth re-downloading on them on 1mbps connection will be frustrating,I want to remove OS partition...
  4. Clean install to new SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean install to new SSD: I just purchased a SSD to replace my HDD and I am trying to install windows 10 on the new SSD. I have the key, and the cloning didn’t work for me. I am just looking for a fresh new install on the new SSD so I can remove the old HDD. Any and all help is greatly appreciated....
  5. Clean Install of Windows 10 on new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install of Windows 10 on new SSD: Howdy, I want to do a nice fresh install of Windows 10 on a brand new SSD but am just a bit confused on how I should go about it and what it entails. To be specific, I have 4 drives (2 HDD, 2 SSD) in my PC and was wondering if the data is kept on the other 3 drives (that...
  6. Clean install of a new SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean install of a new SSD: I recently installed a new ssd for my OS, some a game and some programs off a USB stick. Now I have a two system reserved (D:) and (E:) with nothing in them, I'm assuming there is some hidden files but I'.m curious if I can delete them to regain the little bit of space (I...
  7. Windows 10 clean install on a new SSD

Windows 10 clean install on a new SSD: I have a Samsung Laptop which had Windows 7 on it. I have replaced the HDD with a new, unused SSD (500Gb). I then tried installing Windows 10 from a bootable USB created using the Microsoft tool. I changed the boot order to USB 1st, and set the SATA Mode to AHCI manually....
  8. Clean install of 10 on new SSD

Clean install of 10 on new SSD: I am about to get a new 240Gb SSD and have been advised to clean install Windows 10 on it. This SSD will replace a SATA HDD in my existing computer running Windows 8.1. I know that I qualify for the free upgrade; I have the "Get 10" icon on my task bar. My first question...
  9. Problems installing W10 to a clean/new SSD.

Problems installing W10 to a clean/new SSD.: So i just bought a bigger SSD to install w10 on and the installer runs fine right up until the first restart. Computer restarts and the W10 installer is back at the start where I select the language. Im installing from an USB boot stick which I made with microsofts own tool....
  10. Clean install on new SSD

Clean install on new SSD: Hello Everyone, I intend to buy a new SSD in the coming weeks, not sure if its a Samsung Evo 250, or 500 GB drive, To install windows 10, I plan to do a Fresh Clean install of windows 10 on the new SSD, I have seen so many ways on this Forum, on the best way to do a Clean...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. SSD write cache buffer flush