Windows 10: Windows 10 clean install on SSD for HP All-in-one

Discus and support Windows 10 clean install on SSD for HP All-in-one in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought an HP all-in-one and want to do a clean install of Windows 10 on it. It currently has an HDD and I want to do the install on an SSD. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by barrus13, Oct 4, 2018.

1. barrus13 Win User

Windows 10 clean install on SSD for HP All-in-one

I bought an HP all-in-one and want to do a clean install of Windows 10 on it. It currently has an HDD and I want to do the install on an SSD. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

barrus13, Oct 4, 2018
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Win 10 clean install question

This is what I would do:
    • Shrink the hard drive partition until it's small enough to fit on the SSD.
    • Clone the Windows 8.1 setup to the SSD.
    • Boot off the SSD and make sure that Windows 8.1 is happy (i.e., no complaints about activation).
    • Upgrade to Windows 10 on the SSD.
    This way, you know that Windows 8.1 has a valid setup on the SSD before doing anything else. Plus, the Windows 10 upgrade will be processed much faster on the SSD. Finally, you still have the hard drive setup to fall back to if anything goes wrong.

Static~Charge, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Windows 10 clean install on SSD for HP All-in-one

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 clean install on SSD for HP All-in-one

1. Windows 10 clean install on SSD for HP All-in-one - Similar Threads - clean install SSD

2. Clean Installation of Windows 10 on ssd.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean Installation of Windows 10 on ssd.: Unable to boot, getting the following error message from startup repair;Startup repair Log File: D:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt Tried to use all other methods found, none have worked....
  3. Clean Installation of Windows 10 on ssd.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean Installation of Windows 10 on ssd.: Unable to boot, getting the following error message from startup repair;Startup repair Log File: D:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt Tried to use all other methods found, none have worked....
  4. Clean Installation of Windows 10 on ssd.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. New HP 24 inch All in One -- can I clean install Win 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New HP 24 inch All in One -- can I clean install Win 10?: I got this new 24 inch all in one desktop directly from HP. It shipped with Win 11 Home. Even with Start11, it feels like a disaster. Printing on a 3 year old HP printer Office Jet isn't the same. There were no issues on Win 10 with a previous computer. Can I install Win 10...
  6. How does one replace SSD and install windows clean?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How does one replace SSD and install windows clean?: My current ssd is corruption, just old, and bad. I have no more intention of keep it. I want to fully replace SSD, but i want to know How does one reinstall my windows clean ? I have my activation key, and i want to keep all of the Things that my Nitro 5 AN515-54 has, like...
  7. Clean Install of Windows 10 on SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install of Windows 10 on SSD: I've got a clunky 1TB HDD that's just about to fall over. I want to buy a 1TB SSD and rather than transfer everything over from the HDD, I want to do a fresh install of Windows 10 on the SDD. How easy is this and how do I go about it?...
  8. Install Windows 7 Backup on Windows 10 HP All-in-One?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows 7 Backup on Windows 10 HP All-in-One?: I backed up my previous Windows 7 laptop, then bought the HP...my expectation was that I would be able to download that backup to the new HP, however, I've not been able to figure out how to do that. Any advice would be appreciated....
  9. Installing HP Officejet G85 all-in-one on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing HP Officejet G85 all-in-one on Windows 10: I have an old HP Officejet G85. I just got a new laptop on Windows 10 and I discover HP does not provide drivers for this printer/scanner on Windows 10. I have been searching and found tools like PHPSdr or HPPiw but none detects the printer even. When I do plug the USB cable...
  10. HP All-In-Ones ?

in Windows 10 Support
    HP All-In-Ones ?: Hello,Considering those HP all-in-one Desktop pc's. Is HP rep these days pretty much the same as the other major brands ?Like has been pointed out, has HP with this style, more or less, figured outhow to manage the heat dissipation aspects, which I'm sure must present a good...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clean all files from ssd win 10

2. hp clean install desktop

3. hp clean install of windows 10 with two hdd

4. hp ssd drivers windows 10 SETUP,
  5. how do i clean disk hp all in one,
  6. windows 10 clean install to ssd