Windows 10: Windows 10 Clean Install Slow Bootup

Discus and support Windows 10 Clean Install Slow Bootup in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I have done a clean install of Windows 10 Home (did an in place upgrade first, activated, then did a fresh install re-formatting the C Drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by richardanthony, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Clean Install Slow Bootup

Hi,

I have done a clean install of Windows 10 Home (did an in place upgrade first, activated, then did a fresh install re-formatting the C Drive before the install).

My computer came with Win 8.1 Home. Specs: Intel i3 1.70GHz, 4 GB RAM, 500Gb HDD, Intel onboard HD Graphics.

With the OEM Windows 8.1, it took about 30 seconds to boot, from the OEM logo to the desktop. This boot is NOT fast boot - after completely shutting Windows via cmd "shutdown -f -s", OR after restarting.

With Windows 10, exactly the same boot / restart takes nearly 2 minutes to get to the desktop.

After the OEM Logo disappears, there is a black screen for more than 1 minute before the blue "Please wait..." appears.

I have used Autoruns, Ccleaner, and Glary Utilities 5 to remove any junk AND disable any unnecessary autostart programs,

Any suggestions please?

:)

richardanthony, Jul 31, 2015

2. Windows 10 is Dead slow - Could able to experience lot of Performance issue

Clearing out temp files may help with the performance of the computer. Most of the time that is the cause of slowness at bootup and overall.

Do a search for "Disk Cleanup" in Windows 10. Follow the prompts to clean up the system.

Hope this helps.

tamara_sadel, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Windows 10 start button doesnt wor

I did a clean boot.The slow bootup was still there system file checker takes a lot of time unable to complete .These problems were there before creators update I thought update would resolve the issue but it didn't. looking forward to redstone 3 creators
    fall update. windows 7 ran superbly on my laptop its bootup time was also very less. No lags simple and easy .I hope Microsoft will look into this.

Regards

MohammadAzber, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Clean Install Slow Bootup

Have you gone to the manufacture of your PC's website to see if they have upgraded drivers for Win 10?

fracking4oil, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Toshiba does not have Windows 10 drivers for downloading yet.

I am using all the drivers for Windows 8.1. However, there are a few drivers that Windows have automatically (or, automagically) downloaded, such as Intel HD Graphics.

6. torre Win User
    http://win10upgrade.toshiba.com/swup...try=US&lang=en

Not Available

Did you see the above from the Toshiba site ? It appears at this time they will not provide Win10 support to some models which include mine, L855 Satellite. If you check the Win10 Forum on Toshiba site, most are having driver issues.

The consensus at the Toshiba Forum seems to be to stick with 8.1. Toshiba may want to sell new computers with Win 10.

torre, Jul 31, 2015
  7. Actually my PC is supported:
    Toshiba : Select Model
    (Model Code PSKT4A-07U01Y)

But, there are not any Windows 10 system drivers for it, just Toshiba OEM programs. Do you know what the Toshiba System Driver is for?

8. Windows 10 Clean Install Slow Bootup

The black screen BS seems to have been (and still is) an ongoing issue during testing if you Google it. I haven't found any solution to it, but mine only last about 30 seconds and aside from that it runs great. If a solution can be found and shave off that 30 seconds... would be the icing on the cake.

MortTheBeast, Jul 31, 2015
  9. topgundcp Win User
    • Double check if you have the latest BIOS installed from Toshiba
    • Install Intel Chipset Drivers downloaded from Intel website. The latest version is: 10.0.27

topgundcp, Jul 31, 2015
  10. BIOS up to date. Updated to the latest chipset driver. Still the same. The black screen lasts about 1:20 minutes.

11. Same thing here.. but 30 seconds of black screen.

EDIT: Call me crazy and maybe I never noticed in Windows 7, but it seems like right after the Windows logo it recycles the video card or something... because right after the logo, the monitor's go completely dark and then cycle back on... and then 30 seconds of black screen... then finally login window.

12. YOU
    You Win User
    Do have any pending updates? Restarts for updates tend to cause Windows to boot slowly.

13. torre Win User

Windows 10 Clean Install Slow Bootup

Please let us know result. I was having same issue with dark screen but only for about 20+ seconds. I have since returned to 8.1 due to not finding compatible drivers for display/graphics.

torre, Jul 31, 2015
  14. Just FYI, I have installed the latest Toshiba System Driver for Windows 10.
    I have manually deleted the Intel Graphics Driver installed by Windows Updates. Manually downloaded and installed the most up-to-date HD Graphics Driver from Intel Download Centre.
    Did a disk cleanup and defrag after the above.

The result: still the same. It is probably a glitch in Windows 10. I did not remember having this problem using Windows 10 Insider Preview on an MSI netbook.

15. WOW... JUST WOW! I just noticed something off the charts and even though I been into computers since Windows 3.1 I don't know what to make of it, so hopefully someone can chime in...

First off... I typically turn my machine on and walk away to grab a cup of coffee, so I'm never in front of the computer when it first starts. That being said... this slow boot has been driving me nuts, so I spent all night up (fell asleep a few times lol) Googling and tinkering to no avail.

I woke up from a siesta at my desk about 30 minutes ago and tossed in the towel and powered down the computer, but I had forgotten to send an email to a friend, so I powered it back on and was shocked when my computer went from Post to Desktop in about 30 - 40 seconds... I was like... WTF?

So I restarted and almost fell asleep again waiting for it to go from Post to Desktop while it took 1 minute 40 seconds. I scratched my head for a second and then shut the computer off... powered it back on... WTH??!! It took 32 seconds to get from Post to Desktop... did 2 more tests and this is the deal...

Turning computer ON to everything loaded (Post to Desktop)... anywhere from 32 - 40 seconds.
    Restarting to everything loaded (Post to Desktop)... 1:49 seconds.

What the...??

Thema:

Windows 10 Clean Install Slow Bootup

1. Windows 10 Clean Install Slow Bootup - Similar Threads - Clean Install Slow

2. Windows extremely slow after bootup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows extremely slow after bootup: My windows 11 got suddenly extremely slow.After I boot windows the PC is not usable.The startup apps loads for 10-20 minutes.Any app I'm trying to open chrome, Explorer... takes a few minutes to react.I cannot click on anything. Context menus takes 2-3 minutes to show...
  3. Windows extremely slow after bootup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows extremely slow after bootup: My windows 11 got suddenly extremely slow.After I boot windows the PC is not usable.The startup apps loads for 10-20 minutes.Any app I'm trying to open chrome, Explorer... takes a few minutes to react.I cannot click on anything. Context menus takes 2-3 minutes to show...
  4. Win10 Slow bootup 155secord

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 Slow bootup 155secord: Hi everyone, I am having 2 sets of Intel NUC10, both are installed with WIN 10 Home. All BIOS and drivers are correctly installed and they are the latest from Intel. All windows updates are installed without issue. But my boot up is very slow, both are the same, which...
  5. Windows 10 Slow BootUp

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Slow BootUp: Hello everyone and thank you for the time you putting in to answer, I have recently installed a new windows 10 enterprise 64bit its latest version from Microsoft website i think build 2004 , and before that i had Windows 10 enterprise 64bit version 10.0.10586 build 10586...
  6. slow bootup; win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow bootup; win10: Have been searching for KB articles regarding fixing slow boot up times, but I have not found any. Anyone know of documented steps to take to clean-things-up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-bootup-win10/e8018bdf-f65a-4324-b105-a74429c14055
  7. slow bootup in windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow bootup in windows 10 1903: Hi there, i have been facing a problem regarding my laptop, running windows 10 1903, regarding very slow bootup and slow wakeup from sleep. i have made thread previously as well regarding the problem but nothing solved after trying numerous troubleshooting techniques....
  8. Slow Bootup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow Bootup.: After installing the most recent Windows, my Toshiba Satellite is taking any where from 20 - 45 Minute to boot up. I have reduced the programs that start when the computer is turned on. Still no change....
  9. Windows 10 clean install laggy and slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 clean install laggy and slow: Hello everyone, So my problem is the windows 10 clean installed being laggy. I disabled a lot of things and its still very slow and laggy. I need help. My specs are: Mobo: gigabyte b360m ds3h cpu: i3 8100 gpu: msi gtx 1050ti psu: 600w xfx ram: goodram iridium 2133 mhz 2x...
  10. Windows 10 Slow Bootup (Spinning Circle Animaton)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Slow Bootup (Spinning Circle Animaton): So I've recently upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1 on my HP ENVY Touchsmart 15 laptop (E7Z16UA#ABA). The bootup time from turning on the laptop to the login screen used to be under 15 seconds, but now on windows 10 that time has increased to almost 2 minutes. Fast boot is...