Windows 10: Windows 10 Clean Install - Stalled??

Discus and support Windows 10 Clean Install - Stalled?? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded my machine to windows 10 and then started a clean install. I created a bootable usb drive with the iso image and rebooted the machine using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by markg, Sep 1, 2015.

1. markg Win User

Windows 10 Clean Install - Stalled??

I upgraded my machine to windows 10 and then started a clean install. I created a bootable usb drive with the iso image and rebooted the machine using the usb drive. That was 4 hours ago and I am not sure if anything is happening. There is nothing being output to my monitor. The light on the usb drive is on steady, not blinking. Should it take this long or did something mess up?

:)

markg, Sep 1, 2015

2. Windows 10 Reset (clean OS install + disk clean) - "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made"

Hi Alastair,

We understand that you are facing performance issue and are unable to reset your computer. Just to verify, what version of Windows operating system did you try to reinstall?

For help to get this issue fixed, we recommend that you refer to Recovery options in Windows 10
    , then follow the steps provided under the Use installation media to restore or reset your PC as this the most effective way to restore your Windows 10.

Please let us know if the link helps you to resolve the problem.

Lawrence Lib, Sep 1, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Reset (clean OS install + disk clean) - "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made"

Hi there

Thanks for clarifying.

I want to reinstall Windows 10 AND also make sure that the disk is fully cleaned (as I am about to sell the PC).

Based on your reply, I downloaded the fresh install tool and proceeded - it worked fine and I have a clean install of Windows 10 now.

However, I don't think this will have fully cleaned the files from the disk. It only took 1 hour or so to do the clean install so I think it probably just deleted the file locations register not the files themselves.

How do I make sure the hard disk has had all the files deleted from it?

Thanks for your further help.

Alastair Fife, Sep 1, 2015
  4. markg Win User

My Specs:
    Dell XPS 8700, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

There is no error message, no cursor, no windows logo. It appears like there is no activity at all, although the indictator light on the router is flashing.

Thanks.

markg, Sep 1, 2015
  5. Hi!
    Did you set the boot Option to USB Drive?

Cluster Head, Sep 1, 2015
  6. markg Win User
    Yes, I set the boot option to USB by holding down the shift key while selecting restart from the windows menu. Then selected the correct USB drive.

markg, Sep 1, 2015
  7. Security Boot Mode in Bios disabled? Uefi Mode changed to Legacy / CSM Mode?

Cluster Head, Sep 1, 2015
  8. markg Win User

Turns out it wasn't liking my graphics card. Switched it out with a newer one and had no issues.

markg, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Clean Install - Stalled?? - Similar Threads - Clean Install Stalled

2. Possible stalled installation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible stalled installation?: My hp envy was stuck for 2 hours yesterday apparently installing something. Couldnt get past screen with hp logo and circling thingie. I Called service and they recommended hard reset, after which I have the same display, now running for 24 + hours. Could this be a Microsoft...
  3. Possible stalled installation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible stalled installation?: My hp envy was stuck for 2 hours yesterday apparently installing something. Couldnt get past screen with hp logo and circling thingie. I Called service and they recommended hard reset, after which I have the same display, now running for 24 + hours. Could this be a Microsoft...
  4. Windows 10 install stalled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 install stalled: I'm trying to install Windows 10 Pro full version on a new harddrive from a DVD. I get the messages that a media driver is missing and then when I browse that no device drivers were found....
  5. Clean I stall help

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean I stall help: I was following the clean install without external device procedures. I shrunk my c:/ , and created a new partition. Now I have 2 extra partitions I didnt create. And something had went wrong with diskpart because when I ran the for diskpart or chkdsk I get an error saying...
  6. Windows 10 Updates Stalled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Updates Stalled: My wife's HP 2 in 1 has stuck Windows 10 updates. I cannot access the computer right now so I cannot get the exact version and build level but I am pretty sure it is at least 1809. I have seen this behavior before. Updates get downloaded and attempt to install but fail. Then...
  7. Windows 10 Indexing stalled

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Indexing stalled: I've scoured the internet and found others have the same problem, but no solution has been stated which works. WIndows Indexing gets stuck. it will index a number of files, then stall. a restart of the pc lets it edge forward a few records sometimes. I've done multiple...
  8. How clean is a windows 10 clean install?

How clean is a windows 10 clean install?: I just went through two days of reading up on doing a Windows 10 "clean " reinstall from installation Media from THIS site (the reason was that after a system re-set my entire laptop was an explosion of every virus I've ever heard of. The reason for that:? AVAST, what else?...
  9. Clean Install Windows 10

Clean Install Windows 10: Hi I need some help. I reformatted my computer and did a clean install of Windows 10 on my original Windows 7 computer. It now won't recognize my Windows 7 product key. What should I do? 9553
  10. Windows 10 installation stalls

Windows 10 installation stalls: I am attempting to install W10 through USB drive. However as I go through the setup steps, at some point the mouse will start lagging and the setup goes stuck. I don't know if it's a memory problem since I have 3gb of RAM. However if the PC is turned off for a long time the...