Windows 10: Windows 10 Clean Install - We couldn't create a new partition or locat

Discus and support Windows 10 Clean Install - We couldn't create a new partition or locat in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I originally made a USB key which booted fine, but could not install on any partition on two different PCs and 4 different drives. It gave the error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mcberry336, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Clean Install - We couldn't create a new partition or locat

I originally made a USB key which booted fine, but could not install on any partition on two different PCs and 4 different drives. It gave the error message "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more information, see the Setup log files." Tried different hard drives/partitions even a completely blank drive.

Windows 10 Clean Install - We couldn't create a new partition or locat [​IMG]

Did the usual wipe all partitions (on the two drives that are blank). I re-ran the MediaCreationToolx64 to make an ISO and now it is installing correctly. Is there a US English location I can download somebody's image of their USB drive or just try the 2 hour download again?

AND is their an explantion other than something went wrong creating the USBKEY? It is a brand new key (it is 3.0 but the ports are 2.0).

Thanks!

:)

mcberry336, Jul 29, 2015

2. We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.

So I was doing a clean install of windows 10 using a USB and I deleted all the partitions including the system reserve one. The only drive left now is "Drive 0 Partition 1". It is set as primary.

The problem is everything I click to continue the installation, I get the error "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one."

I followed instructions from sites such as this, https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...g-files-when-you-try-to-install-windows-8-cp/
    and I still got the same error.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could help.

ChevroyLindo, Jul 29, 2015
  3. 'James' Win User
    Trouble Clean Installing Windows 10 on a New PC

SOLVED (EDIT): It turns out the problem was that it was a faulty hard drive. I replaced the hard drive and the installation worked as
    normal.

Original Story Follows:

Hi Everyone,

I am having trouble clean installing Windows 10 on a new PC build.

After building the PC, I used a genuine Windows 10 USB and selected the machine to boot from it. I got through to the part where you select the location to install Windows on (after choosing custom installation) - and when I selected the drive and clicked
    'next', an error occurred stating:

'We couldn't install Windows in the location you chose. Please check your media drive. Error: 0x80300002'

I tried clicking 'new' then 'apply' (to create a partition) and another error occurred stating:

"We couldn't create a new partition. Error: 0xb6583560"

I also cannot create a partition using diskpart in the command prompt.

After, some attempts to solve this, I then discovered that the motherboard's manufactures' website states that the motherboard is compatible with 'Windows 8.1' but does not state Windows 10. - So maybe the motherboard needs drivers
    to install Windows 10.

In attempt to solve this, I used a Windows 8.1 USB to try and download Windows 8.1 on the machine.

Again, I got to the section where you select the location to install Windows - and I got an error, stating:

'Windows cannot be installed to the disk and the computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's bios menu.'

-And when trying to create a new partition in Windows 8.1 (clicking 'new' then 'apply'), I got an error, stating:

'We couldn't create a new partition. Error: 0x8007045d'

Machine Hardware:

Motherboard: Gigabyte F2AG8HM-HD2

Hard Drive: Seagate ST1000DMOO3

Could you help in solving these problems (preferably solving the Windows 10 Installation).

'James', Jul 29, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Windows 10 Clean Install - We couldn't create a new partition or locat

How did you create the flash drive? I use Rufus and never have a problem.

Ztruker, Jul 29, 2015
  5. I used the Microsoft MediaCreationToolx64 (which is basically the Windows 10 setup program plus downloader, etc.) like I was supposed to.

I just wish MS would have let the thing same a .img or something of the USB key image in case you wanted to make another.

mcberry336, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    It does allow that. Create the ISO then use Rufus as I said to create the flash drive.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Clean Install - We couldn't create a new partition or locat

1. Windows 10 Clean Install - We couldn't create a new partition or locat - Similar Threads - Clean Install couldn't

2. We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.: Windows was installed on the SSD prior to a new motherboard installation, however when it came time to boot the system, it stated windows was no where to be found. Shocking. So USB media installation was applied. Started the process and nope, errors all over, cant select any...
  3. We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.: Windows was installed on the SSD prior to a new motherboard installation, however when it came time to boot the system, it stated windows was no where to be found. Shocking. So USB media installation was applied. Started the process and nope, errors all over, cant select any...
  4. We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.: Dear Microsoft, Recently, I was trying to install Windows on my Laptop PC. I tried to install, but this is the error I got: We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one. I tried to fix it so many times, but it didn't work. It is an Acer laptop, model...
  6. windows 10 "we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing..

windows 10 "we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing..: I am trying to install windows 10 1909 downloaded from microsoft download page into my m.2 drive. I want to use mbr system so I made sure that my m.2 drive is mbr using AOMEI partition tool but the problem when I run the windows 10 setup I get this error when I select my m.2...
  7. windows 10 "we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing..

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 "we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing..: I am trying to install windows 10 1909 downloaded from microsoft download page into my m.2 drive. I want to use mbr system so I made sure that my m.2 drive is mbr using AOMEI partition tool but the problem when I run the windows 10 setup I get this error when I select my m.2...
  8. We Couldn't create a new partition or locate ... Installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    We Couldn't create a new partition or locate ... Installing Windows 10: [ATTACH] Hi everyone! I am trying to install Windows 10 and I am having problems with the SSD. When I try to install it I get the next error: We couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one Ok so looking for a solution and find this:...
  9. We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.: So I was doing a clean install of windows 10 using a USB and I deleted all the partitions including the system reserve one. The only drive left now is "Drive 0 Partition 1". It is set as primary. The problem is everything I click to continue the installation, I get the...
  10. "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one"

"We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one": So I'm trying to install Windows 10 32-bit on a friend's laptop from a USB stick and it's giving me this error, no matter what I do. I've tried setting the partition as active, I don't have anything else plugged in, and I've unplugged and replugged the device. No dice. Help!...