Windows 10: WINDOWS 10 CLEAN INSTALL WON'T PROCEED PAST SELECT LANGUAGE & COUNTRY SCREEN

Discus and support WINDOWS 10 CLEAN INSTALL WON'T PROCEED PAST SELECT LANGUAGE & COUNTRY SCREEN in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My hard drive failed so I had to install Windows 10 again. When the installation gets to the Set language and country screen, I enter the info and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sm2accs, May 23, 2020.

1. sm2accs Win User

WINDOWS 10 CLEAN INSTALL WON'T PROCEED PAST SELECT LANGUAGE & COUNTRY SCREEN

My hard drive failed so I had to install Windows 10 again. When the installation gets to the Set language and country screen, I enter the info and it seems to be in a loop because the system comes right back to the initial screen. Any ideas? Thank you.

:)

sm2accs, May 23, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, May 23, 2020
  3. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

Hello guys,

I'm planning to get a new graphics card and lets just go ahead and do a clean install aswell. Now I have bought a windows PRO key online and my running OS is windows PRO. Now I want to set up my usb to make a clean install. I wanted to use the windows tool to download the PRO version but its not in the drop down box. I have tried selecting different languages but I still couldn't find it. Now my question is, can I use my pro key on a normal windows 10? If so, my problem is solved. If not, how can I download the pro version from the tool?

UPDATE::

Apperently when the install is happening, windows will select the right version depending on the product key version. So PROBLEM SOLVED *Smile WINDOWS 10 CLEAN INSTALL WON'T PROCEED PAST SELECT LANGUAGE & COUNTRY SCREEN :)

JeroenBeunckens, May 23, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. WINDOWS 10 CLEAN INSTALL WON'T PROCEED PAST SELECT LANGUAGE & COUNTRY SCREEN - Similar Threads - CLEAN INSTALL WON'T

2. I changed the language and proceeded to reboot with installing an update: now Windows won't...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I changed the language and proceeded to reboot with installing an update: now Windows won't...: I changed the language of my DELL G3 laptop's Windows OS from Russian to English because it's easier to find manuals and get help when it comes to something advanced this way.It asked for a reboot to save changes.I proceeded to reboot. It also started to install some update...
  3. I changed the language and proceeded to reboot with installing an update: now Windows won't...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I changed the language and proceeded to reboot with installing an update: now Windows won't...: I changed the language of my DELL G3 laptop's Windows OS from Russian to English because it's easier to find manuals and get help when it comes to something advanced this way.It asked for a reboot to save changes.I proceeded to reboot. It also started to install some update...
  4. I changed the language and proceeded to reboot with installing an update: now Windows won't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I changed the language and proceeded to reboot with installing an update: now Windows won't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. clean windows 11 to select the language again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clean windows 11 to select the language again: how to download installation media "Windows 11 single language" with Vietnamese support, I use the link below and select the ISO section but do not see VietnameseTải xuống Windows 11 microsoft.com...
  7. clean windows 11 to select the language again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    clean windows 11 to select the language again: how to download installation media "Windows 11 single language" with Vietnamese support, I use the link below and select the ISO section but do not see VietnameseTải xuống Windows 11 microsoft.com...
  8. Cannot proceed past windows login screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot proceed past windows login screen.: submitted by /u/boredboi92 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e7iff4/cannot_proceed_past_windows_login_screen/
  9. Trying to install Windows 10 on Aorus Z390 MB. Can't proceed past language selection window...

Trying to install Windows 10 on Aorus Z390 MB. Can't proceed past language selection window...: HI I need help with this issue. I just ordered a new Windows 10 Pro to install and can't get past the language selection during installation. I updated my Gigabyte Aorus Z390 to newest Bios. Tried every USB connection for two keyboards/mouse. Nothing is working when I get to...
  10. Windows 10 - clean install different language

Windows 10 - clean install different language: Say my version of Windows 10 pro is German x64 Say I create a DVD (via media creation tool) and before creating the media I select English x64 Then do a clean install from that media. Q: Will then the English version be installed and activated? = 14174