Windows 10: Windows 10 Clean Installation Stuck in Boot Loop

Discus and support Windows 10 Clean Installation Stuck in Boot Loop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The hard drive on my HP Pavilion laptop went out not too long ago and recently I decided to attempt replacing it myself. I purchased a new hard drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mckensie, Feb 24, 2019.

1. mckensie Win User

Windows 10 Clean Installation Stuck in Boot Loop

The hard drive on my HP Pavilion laptop went out not too long ago and recently I decided to attempt replacing it myself. I purchased a new hard drive with no operating system installed and borrowed a friend’s computer in order to download a Microsoft image onto a USB and boot my computer from the aforementioned drive to install it that way.
    However, after changing my boot order to access the USB, my computer proceeds to continuously reboot until I shut it off.

I’ve tried booting from safe mode, but F8 yields no response. I can’t access System Recovery either, maybe because the new hard drive is blank? I have no idea. I just know that I have no clue how to fix the issue, a simple google didn’t seem to give me what I needed.

:)

mckensie, Feb 24, 2019
  2. RejZoR Win User

Windows 10 stuck in installation loop on tablet

Ok, I was THIS close for throwing this god damn tablet outside on the concrete... I have ACER Iconia W4 820 tablet and yesterday it decided it will refuse to boot (the Windows 10 magic). It just displayed boot screen with those dots running around forever. Literally. I left it over night and you guessed it, in the morning it was still doing it. So, I forced reset it and it brought up the repair dialog where I've opted for Reset and deleted all my data clean.

All nice and well, it installed and when I get the screen "Hi there" where I pick my languages and time zone, click next and select bunch of privacy settings and complete that, it restarts and goes back to god damn language and timezone selection screen, every single bloody time. I've completed it like 10 times and it just loops like a total retard. Wanted to re-install windows clean from USB, wouldn't even boot, tried recovering original OS (Win8.1), it just skips it and loops the same language/timezone menu and the backup USB that I've made on day 1 is just plain ignored. I now have a tablet that has less functionality than a kitchen cutting board. What the fuck Microsoft, are you kidding me? And no, I don't have any intention to pay ACER to fix this shit Microsoft created. Damn it.

I've googled tons of "fix guides" and they all seem to mention that rather recent stupid update that caused boot looping, but my case seems to be slightly different because it's installation looping. I only got 1 result that mentioned installation and deletion of some keys via regedit, but it didn't fix anything. So, any other ideas?

RejZoR, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Clean Installation Stuck in Boot Loop

Computer Stuck in Boot Loop

Hi,

We are glad that you tried some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue, but usually the issue occurs due to corrupted system file. In order for us to assist you, we suggest to check this thread and look for Deepika Gowda answer. It contains troubleshooting
    steps pertaining to the issue:
    Computer stuck with a reboot loop on Windows 10

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Clean Installation Stuck in Boot Loop

1. Windows 10 Clean Installation Stuck in Boot Loop - Similar Threads - Clean Installation Stuck

2. trying to install windows 10 on a clean HD and it's stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    trying to install windows 10 on a clean HD and it's stuck in a loop: So how this started, my son was watching Youtube. It reset and got stuck in an endless reboot/startup. I tried downloading a fresh windows 10 and it went straight to the orange screen with grey vertical lines. After various things, i pulled a drive from another computer,...
  3. trying to install windows 10 on a clean HD and it's stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    trying to install windows 10 on a clean HD and it's stuck in a loop: So how this started, my son was watching Youtube. It reset and got stuck in an endless reboot/startup. I tried downloading a fresh windows 10 and it went straight to the orange screen with grey vertical lines. After various things, i pulled a drive from another computer,...
  4. Windows 10 clean installation USB boot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 clean installation USB boot loop: Recently I’ve been trying to reinstall windows 10 on my new hard drive, and all of my old files are backed up elsewhere. However, whenever I try to boot from the USB containing the installation media, the windows logo appears only for a brief second before a command...
  5. Windows 10 clean installation USB boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 clean installation USB boot loop: Recently I’ve been trying to reinstall windows 10 on my new hard drive, and all of my old files are backed up elsewhere. However, whenever I try to boot from the USB containing the installation media, the windows logo appears only for a brief second before a command...
  6. Windows 10 clean installation USB boot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 clean install boot loop

Windows 10 clean install boot loop: I was recently gifted a friend's old gaming pc about 2 years old and was asked to do a clean install of windows to remove their information, so I bought a windows 10 home USB from best buy what the geeks said I needed. While doing the install it failed at about 25%.Now when I...
  8. Windows10 clean install stuck in boot loop and now unable to clean install again as HD not...

Windows10 clean install stuck in boot loop and now unable to clean install again as HD not...: Hello group, i hope i might find some answers. Have been struggling to get my personal laptop working from past 2 days. Issue started after the latest Windows 10 update. 1. Login was damn slow and black flickering desktop with no access to task manager 2. Same in safe...
  9. W10 Clean Install/Stuck in Loop

W10 Clean Install/Stuck in Loop: I went for a clean install using the Media Creation Tool 1909... booted up on USB and all went well. After the machine rebooted I realized I hadn't cleared all partitions initially, so I stopped the install by powering off (held power off button). When I restarted the PC I...
  10. Windows 10 Clean Installation Stuck in Boot Loop

Windows 10 Clean Installation Stuck in Boot Loop: The hard drive on my HP Pavilion laptop went out not too long ago and recently I decided to attempt replacing it myself. I purchased a new hard drive with no operating system installed and borrowed a friend’s computer in order to download a Microsoft image onto a USB and boot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 Clean Installation Stuck in Boot Loop