Windows 10: Windows 10 Clean Installation - Tray Icons not Working

Discus and support Windows 10 Clean Installation - Tray Icons not Working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I recently made a clean install of Windows 10. However when I reboot I noticed that the Wi-Fi tray icon wasn't showing any menu. I click it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ArlandrioFF, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Clean Installation - Tray Icons not Working

Hi Guys,

I recently made a clean install of Windows 10. However when I reboot I noticed that the Wi-Fi tray icon wasn't showing any menu. I click it and nothing happened. No list was shown, the only way to connect was to go to This PC Configuration --- Internet & Networks --- Wi-Fi.

Wi-Fi tray icon, battery and volume don't work. I don't know what to do. I never faced this kind of problem before. I search about it and found something about resetting explorer.exe, I try that but didn't work. Please, any help would be amazing, ASAP.

Cheers.

:)

ArlandrioFF, Sep 30, 2015

2. bluetooth missing after win creator's fall update

Hello

I can't find bluetooth in devices manager or in the tray icon (right bottom of screen) although bluetooth services are running (automatic) in task manager. (services.msc/bluetooth support service: turn it on and off, still no icon visible in tray menu).
    the bluetooth driver is also impossible to install. Do I have to do a clean install of Win 10 to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

I have windows 10 / build 1709

Brahmabodhi, Sep 30, 2015
  3. BarışK Win User
    Windows Defender not shown in Tray

Hi,

I did a clean install and noticed that Windows Defender is not shown in the tray. However, "Always show all icons in notification area" is active. When I start Windows Defender by hand then it stays in the Tray untill the next reboot. Is this behaviour normal?

Regards,

Baris

BarışK, Sep 30, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Windows 10 Clean Installation - Tray Icons not Working

You can try restarting explorer.exe. I don't know if that helps, but it shouldn't break anything. *Smile

Joergi, Sep 30, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Clean Installation - Tray Icons not Working

1. Windows 10 Clean Installation - Tray Icons not Working - Similar Threads - Clean Installation Tray

2. windows 10 clean install not working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 clean install not working?: trying to do brand new, clean installation on a new pc all new hardware I have a windows install kit on a USB, but when I start the computer up and try to install windows, and it asks for the product key, I select " i dont have a product key" option, then it loops me back to...
  3. windows 10 clean install not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 clean install not working?: trying to do brand new, clean installation on a new pc all new hardware I have a windows install kit on a USB, but when I start the computer up and try to install windows, and it asks for the product key, I select " i dont have a product key" option, then it loops me back to...
  4. windows 10 clean install not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Some icons in system tray are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some icons in system tray are not working: Some icons in system tray are not working. When you click them the app or function will respond and close only. If you toggle the on WIFI for sample, it will on then immediately turns off. Same goes when you click on the battery icon it will show you its window then...
  6. Some icons in system tray are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some icons in system tray are not working: Some icons in system tray are not working. When you click them the app or function will respond and close only. If you toggle the on WIFI for sample, it will on then immediately turns off. Same goes when you click on the battery icon it will show you its window then...
  7. Windows 10 All System Tray icons stopped working

Windows 10 All System Tray icons stopped working: When I click on network, calendar, speakers, or anything I place in the system tray on the task bar, they don't do anything. No errors, red x's, or otherwise. I did scans, reset icons, restarts, safe mode, and everything else recommended since 2015. Turned all icons off,...
  8. Windows 10 Tray icon issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Tray icon issue: [ATTACH] So everytime i open Windows media player my tray icons vanish. I uploaded a screenshot. This does not happen with VLC player or other media players. I can restore the icons if i drag a hidden icon back in the taskbar. Maybe someone knows what's causing this ?...
  9. volume icon not working in tray Windows 10

volume icon not working in tray Windows 10: I have delt with this issue before and used msconfig to solve it however I can't seem to remember the string. Does anyone know the correct msconfig string to fix this issue?...
  10. Clean Windows 10 install not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Windows 10 install not working: Motherboard is a Msi B450 tomaahawk and the ssd is a crucial mx500 1tb. I have downloaded the installation media onto a 32gb usb. booted into uefi device, deleted all partitions on the drive then let the installer create it. After installation i go back to the bios and try to...